Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
ilikerice
 
ilikerice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 black yaris
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: savannah, ga
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellor6869 View Post
i totally agree and understand with what you are saying. i just got to make up my mind on what exactly i wanna do with my car. im going to do a little more research and do some pricing and compare the two together and let you guys know.....but just a heads up for you guys im going to be putting a thread up soon with a video about me wrapping and my car and also im going to be doing a weekly/daily vlog on youtube for the yaris community....or just people who are curious about whats going on.
Cool. Post a link to the youtube channel and I will definitly subcribe to it.

Reading back through my posts, I can see that it could have been a bit aggressive. I do apoligize if I offended you.

I also have dreamed to do an engine swap. Money plays the biggest role for me though. I enjoy rebuilding motors and I hardly ever get back what I put into them. It's just a hobby, and hobbies turn into money pits and are rarely turned into a profit. If I ever come across a good donor from a xD or something with a 2zz, 1zz, or 2zr. I will definitly make a thread on that.

I used to own a few CRX's before my Yaris. It was nice to have parts always available so cheap as they were. I did my motor swap back in 2004 with a b20. Mounts, linkage and harness was more expensive from hasport than my motor at the time. Honda aftermarket vendors makes it very easy with thier chassis from civics, preludes, CRV, Integra's, RSX to swap motors around non stop cheaper than any other manufaturer. It makes it twice as expensive with other manufacturers like Toyota because they demand just isn't there like it is with Honda's.

Boost, the replacement for displacement... right?
__________________
-Derrick-
"Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing... It's life. Anything that happens before or after, is just waiting."
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
chancellor6869
 
Drives: yaris hatch is the sh*t
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: fortworth texas
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Cool. Post a link to the youtube channel and I will definitly subcribe to it.

Reading back through my posts, I can see that it could have been a bit aggressive. I do apoligize if I offended you.

I also have dreamed to do an engine swap. Money plays the biggest role for me though. I enjoy rebuilding motors and I hardly ever get back what I put into them. It's just a hobby, and hobbies turn into money pits and are rarely turned into a profit. If I ever come across a good donor from a xD or something with a 2zz, 1zz, or 2zr. I will definitly make a thread on that.

I used to own a few CRX's before my Yaris. It was nice to have parts always available so cheap as they were. I did my motor swap back in 2004 with a b20. Mounts, linkage and harness was more expensive from hasport than my motor at the time. Honda aftermarket vendors makes it very easy with thier chassis from civics, preludes, CRV, Integra's, RSX to swap motors around non stop cheaper than any other manufaturer. It makes it twice as expensive with other manufacturers like Toyota because they demand just isn't there like it is with Honda's.

Boost, the replacement for displacement... right?
its all good buddy. no offense taken. money doesnt grow on trees and not everyone can afford to build what the want. im in the same boat as you. i just got my gopro and i am remaking a youtube channel just for my vlogging instead of using my personal one. so once i get that setup i'll post it up. i also want to setup a cruise and take a road trip but i'll talk more about that in my videos and try and get a response out of more people. i gotta figure what spot is the best place to meet...or maybe just get a group together and go on an existing cruise/meet.
chancellor6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS : Sedan (2008) Stock airbox + stock suspension Slitwrist Smile Items for Sale by private party 16 06-03-2011 11:36 PM
A few stock parts kac Items for Sale by private party 14 10-05-2009 04:37 PM
STOCK SEATS OUT OF HB / stock tires/rims mrrock Items for Sale by private party 19 08-19-2009 04:56 PM
lots of stock parts 2007 yaris h/b and some after market parts laszlo Items for Sale by private party 19 05-17-2009 04:19 PM
Stock Parts for Trade! Yarice Items for Sale by private party 0 04-17-2009 10:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.