Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
trini_per4mance
 
trini_per4mance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 162
Thank you! I currently have roughly a measly 543,000 miles on my Yaris. This may sound crazy to the average person out there, but I'm going to turbocharge it in the near future. My Valve Seals have now started to leak when I run thru the RPM's. So, I'm burning oil and have to top it up about every 1000 miles.

You never answered my question as to why you changed your shifter cables... Lol. I'm really interested to know why and if it fixed your problem. Bcuz currently I have a rattling noise from my linkage on my gearbox. But when I pull or push the shifter towards any gear while in neutral (which I'm basically put tension on the shifter cables by doing that), the noise goes away. So, I was thinking that maybe I should change out my cables too. Let me know what your issue was with your cables.

Thanks!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
__________________
Yaris 500,000 miles in 6 years 9 months 3 weeks and 3 days and still going strong!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTlNLz9Iqc

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...le_cars/5.html

http://www.subcompactculture.com/200...-miles-on.html
trini_per4mance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by trini_per4mance View Post
Thank you! I currently have roughly a measly 543,000 miles on my Yaris. This may sound crazy to the average person out there, but I'm going to turbocharge it in the near future. My Valve Seals have now started to leak when I run thru the RPM's. So, I'm burning oil and have to top it up about every 1000 miles.

You never answered my question as to why you changed your shifter cables... Lol. I'm really interested to know why and if it fixed your problem. Bcuz currently I have a rattling noise from my linkage on my gearbox. But when I pull or push the shifter towards any gear while in neutral (which I'm basically put tension on the shifter cables by doing that), the noise goes away. So, I was thinking that maybe I should change out my cables too. Let me know what your issue was with your cables.

Thanks!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply to my post ! Sorry, I'm not the member who changed his shifter cables . You are quite an inspiration, so members like to hear about your current odometer mileage (...and putting on many fewer miles than you used to doesn't change that curiosity) and what you are currently doing with your Yaris . This has come up on threads since you last posted . Some of us know we can check your maintenance/repairs and mods on your '500,000 miles on my Yaris' thread. Post #1 on that thread shows the mileage interval that you did repairs/major maintenance, and mods, but doesn't hint to a current odometer level (last update to that page - January 2014). I don't think it's crazy that you're going to turbocharge your Yaris at 543,000 + miles . Given your maintenance intervals, etc., I'd imagine there isn't a 500,000 mile plus Toyota anywhere in the States that is in better condition than yours. Definitely update post #1 on your '500,000 miles on my Yaris' thread after you install the turbo setup (and create a thread foe thgat as well if you are so inclined ). I hope the member who changed his shifter cables answers your question.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-West Chapter Micro Image Car Club lilredrocket Southwest 10 10-05-2009 01:06 PM
30,000 mile service: Dealership or non-dealership? EstherK DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 11-12-2008 12:40 PM
11/02/08 Metro Auto Squad 1st Annual Car Show (my car club) Jerkratt NY / NJ/ CT / PA 14 10-26-2008 05:51 PM
Japanese Mix Club Los Invitamos!!! TunTun_yariS[PR] Caribbean 0 12-12-2006 12:03 PM
Buddy Club Wheels BulletProofAuto Sponsors Classifieds Area 8 10-19-2006 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.