Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
NYC-SE
 
NYC-SE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
Three fuel pumps in one year! Highly, highly unlikely. I suspect something else is going on. I know you said you checked the fuses but I'm thinking it is something electrical, perhaps a bad connection, broken wire, or bad ground that has been overlooked. I would start by doing a continuity check on all wiring.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #2
Radosity
 
Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
Three fuel pumps in one year! Highly, highly unlikely. I suspect something else is going on. I know you said you checked the fuses but I'm thinking it is something electrical, perhaps a bad connection, broken wire, or bad ground that has been overlooked. I would start by doing a continuity check on all wiring.
Okay, I'll put the word to my mechanic. Thank you. It's just over 100k miles, so it's not out of the question it could be some eroding wires.
Radosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008 yaris, fuel pump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car cranks but won't start after fuel pump replacement Lightrfire DIY / Maintenance / Service 33 03-10-2016 02:30 AM
Fuel pump assembly locking ring won't thread correctly!! Lightrfire DIY / Maintenance / Service 2 02-26-2016 05:55 PM
Do any Yaris owners use premium gas ? DanMC Third Gen Yaris General Discussion 38 11-06-2013 10:36 AM
Fuel Pump Failure eaglerox DIY / Maintenance / Service 14 03-02-2013 10:27 AM
Hmm my water pump failed again!!!! Could it be the pulley?!?! YarisSedan Performance Modifications 64 10-05-2009 09:32 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.