![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() Drives: 2008 yaris hb ce Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
I also have used rubber floor mats inside the car since it was new, so I don't think any water/salt would be coming from shoes/boots. I hope there isn't any other source of water inside. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Quote:
On a similar note, today I drilled my rocker panels and also drilled holes just below the door latch on the rear doors of my 08. I dumped about a liter of ATF in each rocker panel and sprayed rust check in the rear holes to soak the rear panel, wheelhouse and dogles areas, then plugged them with the 1/2" body plugs. The atf dripped out all along the rocker, so it should be well protected against this winter's salt attack. EDIT: So that the environmentalists among us don't get upset, I collect all drips into containers and recycle it.
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ Last edited by 06YarisRS; 11-14-2017 at 07:03 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() Drives: 2008 yaris hb ce Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
So far no rust on the body, but surface rust has started on the underbody. Did you inspect the lower control arm bolt on your car? I did that recently, and needed to replace both of those bolts. The passenger side bolt came out in one piece, but on the drivers side the head broke off. It wasn't a fun job replacing that bolt.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
|
Quote:
I have not closely checked the control arm bolts but I did coat them in Rust Check Coat and Protect. Everythng seemed fine but I'll pop a wrench on them and check. Thanks for the heads-up!
__________________
2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() Drives: 2008 yaris hb ce Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10
|
Quote:
I broke a 3/8" ratchet on the driver's side bolt. Then I used a 1/2" ratchet and that broke the bolt head off. I think if I would have torched the bolt head first it may have come off without breaking the bolt head. Of course heating up bolt head may destroy your rubber bushing...so you need to decide if this approach is best for you. Once I broke the bolt head off I needed to drop the subframe to get at that bolt. In the process, I ended up destroying the control arm bushing, and ended up replacing the control arm. I coated the new bolts with lithium grease so I hope they will last another ten years! Good luck! |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| OEM roof rack mounting rubber pad replacement | Yai | Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) | 3 | 12-22-2012 12:01 PM |
| MY RUBBER BAND BALL! AGHHH!!! | Sodium Duck | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 47 | 03-06-2009 01:56 AM |
| Rubber plugs in glove box | cfiimei | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 5 | 01-06-2009 04:48 AM |
| Noise coming from rear end! | tfman716 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 15 | 10-28-2008 12:37 PM |