Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom
 
eTiMaGo's Avatar
 
Drives: lil red 5-door
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I LOVED FU2. Wish it had been expanded to cover more territory though. The flight dynamics (yaw modeling absolutely ruled!), performance- on mid level hardware - blew MSFS out of the water. And those rain effects!

Something we always had to be cognizant of in design - especially with larger sceneries- was keeping polygon counts/ 3D model complexity and texture sizes low to facilitate good performance. MSFS's coding engine sucked, even after they went XML in FSX. It would require a beast of a gaming machine to run it with any addons and weather, whereas FU2 would run quite respectably on a Pentium 4. Lol I usually had pretty up to date gear but I was never 100% satisfied with the way the MSFS series ran. Then again, I used heavy addon aircraft, secnery and weather engines.
I used to just sit on the tarmac in the rain and listen to it plink plink plink on the fuselage :D Loved that game too, it's one big reason I want to visit San Francisco!
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson


Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #2
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I used to just sit on the tarmac in the rain and listen to it plink plink plink on the fuselage :D Loved that game too, it's one big reason I want to visit San Francisco!
Yup, Flight Unlimited was a fantastic series, for sure. I had high hopes that the title would be developed more but I don't think the developer deemed the project to be profitable. I liked the graphics, flight modeling, ATC etc and although these were superior, IMO, to the MSFS series, the MSFS series did have more going for it, especially in terms of being open-sourced and encourging of 3rd party development. The Flight Unlimited series was destined to be more of a 'game', whereas the MSFS series was more of a 'simulator'. I did buy FSX, but continued to use FS9 for years after FSX's release, mainly due to the third part addons.
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one of my hobbies is painting cars slickaugust1 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 42 06-07-2016 04:24 PM
Hobbies. What's Yours? yrsdrgn Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 59 08-04-2011 04:41 PM
I'm officially bored... lets talk hobbies Slick Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 60 04-17-2011 11:29 PM
Interests in Hood lift kits ztrack157 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 11 12-18-2008 06:02 PM
Hobbies of the yaris driver Yaris Palme Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 31 10-27-2008 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.