Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
shawnitz
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3
Thank you for the reply! Much appreciate the support!

I have tried various rates of acceleration change (pedal pressing rate), from smooth to fast and car always becomes undrivable when the pedal reach around 90% of travel. Pressing more does not help either. And this is true at any rpm below 4-5k rpm.

I think the issue is FIC fueling strategy. Its just slow to respond to change as fueling goes from sequential to batch fire in open loop wide open throttle. I say this because the car drove completely fine without coolant temp and O2 sensor during warmup. Due to the fault (ECU OL-Fault), it spray in batch fire the entire time. Yet it switches to sequential when the engine gets hot even without any coolant temp input!

Im not sure if Boomslang harness has the mod already.

Could you share a map you are using with 1NZ please?
shawnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnitz View Post
Thank you for the reply! Much appreciate the support!

I have tried various rates of acceleration change (pedal pressing rate), from smooth to fast and car always becomes undrivable when the pedal reach around 90% of travel. Pressing more does not help either. And this is true at any rpm below 4-5k rpm.

I think the issue is FIC fueling strategy. Its just slow to respond to change as fueling goes from sequential to batch fire in open loop wide open throttle. I say this because the car drove completely fine without coolant temp and O2 sensor during warmup. Due to the fault (ECU OL-Fault), it spray in batch fire the entire time. Yet it switches to sequential when the engine gets hot even without any coolant temp input!

Im not sure if Boomslang harness has the mod already.

Could you share a map you are using with 1NZ please?
Interesting. Where did you get the info on the sequential and batch fire sequences for the 1NZ? I briefly toyed with the idea of disconnecting the wideband to see if the car would stay in open loop. Then I could just adjust my fuel map to get my desired AFRs without the ECU trying to trim out the added fuel. I guess it doesn't work that way, though. I'd be happy to share my map, but I have the 2ZR engine and 440cc injectors.
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AEM FIC fight for turbo!!! thatbryanguy Forced Induction Forum 135 08-14-2015 08:22 PM
Question about how to load file to AEM FIC? DKN-YARIS Forced Induction Forum 24 06-01-2013 09:58 PM
FS: Zage Turbo kit, AEM FIC with Pnp Harness djgab101 Items for Sale by private party 32 04-11-2013 10:42 AM
AEM FIC tuning experience thatbryanguy Performance Modifications 0 09-03-2012 01:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.