Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2021, 11:45 PM   #1
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
Just did some more checking at rockauto. Both the 2007 and 2009 use the same whole assembly (ULTRA-POWER SP9031M). So, that's a bit confusing.

On another note, here is something interesting:

Using the Delphi link I provided above, I looked at pumps for the Corolla (a 2011). Interestingly, it lists 2 engines (1.8L and 2.4L). Both use the same pump (FGO938). So, it would seem that the pump is robust - certainly for the 1.8 application. Now, if one compares the specs of the Yaris and Corolla pumps, they're not terribly far off in specs. The 2009+ Yaris pump does seem to be more powerful that the 2009- pumps. But, the 2009- pumps state 29 GPH, whereas the 2009+ is 26 GPH. Maybe our stock pumps are strong enough for a turbo application. I am concerned a bit though, as CTScott mentioned 10 psi boost as about the max for the stock pump, and he was referring to the 2009+ pump, I assume. My tuner said my fueling was perfectly fine, but I'd rather not run my pump at the ragged edge. The above said, if all this pans out - aka the RAV4 pump will indeed fit in a 2009+ housing, that might be my best approach.

It's too bad that CaliYaris's post in the CTScott thread didn't still have the pics. He says that he installed a Walbro 255 with "minor modifications". Then Kou recommends the "190lph for the MR2 or corolla 255lph", stating that they should fit. All so confusing. lol

I wish I knew more about the pump specs. The GPH figure is probably free-flowing and, as such, may not be a valuable spec at all.

Anyway, Corolla pump spec:



And 2009- Yaris pump:

__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:50 AM   #2
Neinris
 
Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ‘Murica!
Posts: 463
Confusion solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Just did some more checking at rockauto. Both the 2007 and 2009 use the same whole assembly (ULTRA-POWER SP9031M). So, that's a bit confusing.

On another note, here is something interesting:

Using the Delphi link I provided above, I looked at pumps for the Corolla (a 2011). Interestingly, it lists 2 engines (1.8L and 2.4L). Both use the same pump (FGO938). So, it would seem that the pump is robust - certainly for the 1.8 application. Now, if one compares the specs of the Yaris and Corolla pumps, they're not terribly far off in specs. The 2009+ Yaris pump does seem to be more powerful that the 2009- pumps. But, the 2009- pumps state 29 GPH, whereas the 2009+ is 26 GPH. Maybe our stock pumps are strong enough for a turbo application. I am concerned a bit though, as CTScott mentioned 10 psi boost as about the max for the stock pump, and he was referring to the 2009+ pump, I assume. My tuner said my fueling was perfectly fine, but I'd rather not run my pump at the ragged edge. The above said, if all this pans out - aka the RAV4 pump will indeed fit in a 2009+ housing, that might be my best approach.

It's too bad that CaliYaris's post in the CTScott thread didn't still have the pics. He says that he installed a Walbro 255 with "minor modifications". Then Kou recommends the "190lph for the MR2 or corolla 255lph", stating that they should fit. All so confusing. lol

I wish I knew more about the pump specs. The GPH figure is probably free-flowing and, as such, may not be a valuable spec at all.

Anyway, Corolla pump spec:



And 2009- Yaris pump:

I guess that there was a changed implemented in the later year of 09.
O'Reilly shows two different motors available for the 09: https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/f...9/toyota/yaris
Don't know why they're so expensive though?
And RockAuto shows two different types of motors for the 09 as well: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256
And only shows one type of motor for the 2010: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256

I guess that might have solved that confusion.

It's interesting that you brought up the 2011 Corolla, I didn't even look into that. I just looked in RockAuto as to what it looks like, and it's the same as the 09- (I'm referring to the early 09 and below years):
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...fuel+pump,6256
So, is this the more viable route for the 09- Yaris?
And I guess it's the 2013 RAV4 for the 09+ Yaris?
Which one will you go for?

Still wondering if the RAV4's fuel pump motor will work in the 09+ Yaris?
Here's a picture from RockAuto, comparison of the 2010 Yaris fuel pump and 2013 RAV4 respectively:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris 2010 fuel pump motor.jpg (27.0 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 RAV4 Fuel pump motor.jpg (21.1 KB, 167 views)
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:47 AM   #3
Neinris
 
Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ‘Murica!
Posts: 463
Hmmm...

OK... WOW more confusion thrown into the mix. So apparently there are two different fuel pumps for the 2013 RAV4, the FWD and AWD. I just realized that the one that I've looking at to compare with the Yaris is the FWD pump, but the specification that has been discussed previously is from the AWD! The FWD specs from Delphi is incomplete, current draw is 10amp, doesn't say what the GPH, and max PSI. So right now, I don't know if the AWD pump motor will fit in the 09+ Yaris, but it seem that the FWD pump motor does, but still not confirmed.
I guess back on the drawing board for that one.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel Efficiency and the Yaris BailOut Fuel Economy Forum 327 01-02-2026 11:44 PM
Fuel filter replacement jaimico DIY / Maintenance / Service 43 03-07-2023 11:05 AM
Fuel Pump Failure eaglerox DIY / Maintenance / Service 14 03-02-2013 10:27 AM
NEED ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CODE LIST Attitude Forced Induction Forum 12 04-11-2011 06:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.