Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris
 
CtrlAltDefeat's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indianapolis IN
Posts: 1,313
Welcome everyone!
__________________

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
flashydan
 
flashydan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 S Sedan; 2007 Hatchback
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Longview, Wa
Posts: 34
NEWBIE...!

Hi everyone I just signed up and I'm trying to figure this place out.
Not much of a computer guy so this is a first for me.
I posted some pics from my computer and they turned out really big, can anyone tell me how to resize them?
Also I just tried to create my garage and it didn't seem to load, wondering if the pic sizes had anything to do with that.
We Have two '07 Yari...a Liftback and an S Sedan.
Bought the Liftback new 7/06 when gas was $3.55 and climbing, probly the best purchase we ever made!
We were so pleased in fact we bought the Sedan 5/07 and never looked back!
The Liftback got a custom paint job last summer and the Sedan is in the shop as I write this! I'll post pics as soon as it gets done.
Attached Images
     
flashydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter
 
RedHatch08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit MI USA
Posts: 237
^
Awesome paint.
__________________
K&N Air Filter . Rear Debadge
RedHatch08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
MichaelLC
Nothing to Report
 
MichaelLC's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 10
Wow, that certainly is unique! Colors would make a good Timbuk2 bag.

Where are you guys getting the different front badges/ornaments? I've done some searching online, but not having much luck since I really don't know where to look. Thanks!
MichaelLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
STC
"LibertyRides!"
 
STC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelLC View Post

Where are you guys getting the different front badges/ornaments? I've done some searching online, but not having much luck since I really don't know where to look. Thanks!

You can try... Micro Image:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Exterior_c31.htm

Welcome everybody!
__________________
~ Mark ~
2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl
I Love my YARIS - (Click below to see Gaslog):

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #6
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
very nice . Welcome .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
goliath1812
 
goliath1812's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ocala Florida
Posts: 368
not trying to be a "hater" but i like the sedan more than the LB. I just think the LB is a little too much... either way, congrats on the purchases, and i like the white picket fence! :)
__________________
goliath1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
flashydan
 
flashydan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 S Sedan; 2007 Hatchback
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Longview, Wa
Posts: 34
PAINT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath1812 View Post
not trying to be a "hater" but i like the sedan more than the LB. I just think the LB is a little too much... either way, congrats on the purchases, and i like the white picket fence! :)
Hey Goliath1812....whaddaya think?...is this too much?

The top color is oem Flint Mica....cellphone pic makes it look black...

Will post more pics when it gets done!!
Attached Images
   
flashydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris
 
CtrlAltDefeat's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indianapolis IN
Posts: 1,313
Attached Images
 
__________________

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
KrazyDawg
 
KrazyDawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashydan View Post
Hey Goliath1812....whaddaya think?...is this too much?

The top color is oem Flint Mica....cellphone pic makes it look black...

Will post more pics when it gets done!!
Nice! How much do these custom paint jobs run?
__________________



KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
flashydan
 
flashydan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 S Sedan; 2007 Hatchback
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Longview, Wa
Posts: 34
Custom Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
Nice! How much do these custom paint jobs run?
Not cheap...be prepared to spend 3k-4k depending on how technical your layout is, and that's without "jamming"....
flashydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #12
flashydan
 
flashydan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 S Sedan; 2007 Hatchback
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Longview, Wa
Posts: 34
Quote:
not trying to be a "hater" but i like the sedan more than the LB. I just think the LB is a little too much... either way, congrats on the purchases, and i like the white picket fence! :)
Naw man your not a hater, you just know what you like and thatz cool!

Backstory: Liftback project was intended for my daughter hence the flashy scheme....Wife drives it for now and the plan is when we get another vehicle the daughter will inherit the "JuneBug" for college.....

The Sedan is mine....I'm with you I kinda lean toward the Sedan lines...but I gotta admit I still love the Liftback lines too so for me itz almost a tug-o-war!

Here's a teaser....my Sedan....at the bodyshop today doing some preliminary layout.....goes to paint Wednesday!
Attached Images
 
flashydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
33OH
 
Drives: '08 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dover, Ohio
Posts: 7,606
^ Very cool color, love it!
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
yarisprcarolina
 
yarisprcarolina's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris 2008
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Puerto Rico, Carolina
Posts: 9
Send a message via MSN to yarisprcarolina
nice site
__________________
Ed Yaris 2008 Puerto Rico

Nice Car To Puerto Rico
yarisprcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #15
daddz07
 
Drives: Yaris 2008
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: california
Posts: 296
Send a message via Yahoo to daddz07
Tein S-tech Springs with Stock shocks combination.
Hi to all!!

I am quite new to this forum and i bought my car since 07/08. I am kind of late to be a member. Anyway, I have an inquiry about suspension which is i know it is been a question by many already. I really want to make sure before i proceed.

What can you say about using The Tein S-tech lowering springs with the stock shocks?? Right now, i dont have the budget to buy the shocks yet but, I already have the springs. Although, i bought the springs used roughly 2 years old one of the members here?

1) Is the springs to soft or to bumpy if i use the stock shocks with this springs?
2) Does tein S-tech springs sag a lot??
3) Are the stock shocks a good combination for the TST springs? or a must that i buy a new shocks?
4) do they last? becauseby the time i bought the shocks, teh springs is no longer good?
5)what can you advise will be the best shocks that i can buy that is really good to the budget for a bum like me which of course can deliver long lasting performance.

Appreciate all your feedback in advance guys!!
daddz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #16
bascusan
I've made a post!
 
Drives: Blue liftback Yaris
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 1
Hi, I'm looking for:
Yaris 3DR original POWER WINDOW SWITCH TRIM for left and rigt, because my yaris windows arent power windows, I really want to find the original pieces, please.
bascusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #17
Ingear
Ingear
 
Drives: Geo Metro Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 6
When will the Yaris convertible be out?
Ingear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #18
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper
 
chrisj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: S. Jesus, Kentucky
Posts: 646
Just got my '09 Yaris and checked out the forum here. Found lots of good information.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.