Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
YarisAG

Drives: Silver 07 Yaris RS Hatchback
Question PIE TOY03-AUX Adapter

Hi everyone, I have a Yaris RS and my car stereo dealer can't seem to install this auxillary adapter. I have the stock 6-CD changer. Has anyone had any luck with this setup.

I called PIE myself and they said this setup should work.

Has anyone installed this aux jack with this type of setup?
YarisAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
YarisAG

Drives: Silver 07 Yaris RS Hatchback
Post Follow-up - Sorry for the delay

Hi everyone, here's the follow-up. My car stereo tried to install the PIE adapter and another manufacturer's aux kit. In the case of the PIE kit, they even got in touch with PIE's tech support. It just didn't work. The stereo that is in the Canadian Yaris RS has the correct harness but the AUX chip just doesn't recognize the car stereo. Thus, the aux input doesn't work.

Here's what I did. I got a Shure FM modulator from my car stereo store and a ground loop eliminator from Crutchfield. I now have an AUX input with my car. It works great. The downside I have found that it needs a bit more volume than a CD.

Toyota really needs to think this one through. If the US edition of the car has an AUX input then why skimp on the Canadian edition. It really makes no sense at all.
YarisAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
guess they "pie" lied to you, says on a few sites I searched "not" compatible with 6 disk cd changer...

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=548