![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
Quote:
you only need a CCW to conceal your weapon
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Absolutely red Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Posts: 7,816
|
Same in Georgia.
__________________
Obama Can't Gymkhana! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Well as of yesterday I now have one less in my collection and my brother has one to start his. He wanted to start target shooting so I sent him my Ruger MKII Gov't model modified with a red dot sight and fully accurized trigger, sear and all the fun parts.
I shot one last 10 shot 50' target and sent that along just so he would know it is capable.
__________________
some people are little slinkies. . . . .they are really good for nothing. . . .but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Absolutely red Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Posts: 7,816
|
Nice grouping.
__________________
Obama Can't Gymkhana! |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Look at the crap we have to go through to get a firearms license in Australia.
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retriev...&status=active 15 pages of hoops to jump through and fill out. Is this the same as your country?
__________________
![]() "Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Oh and keep in mind you cant get a concealed weapons permit here and if you want to have a gun you need to have a safe that weighs 150kg+ or it has to be bolted into your premisis and you cant have your gun loaded in your own home and your gun and ammo have to kept in two seperate safes in two seperate rooms.
GOD BLESS AMERICA and there right to bare arms!
__________________
![]() "Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Banned
Drives: 2008 Yaris Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,034
|
Quote:
The basis of our Republic was that the Government took its powers from the consent of the governed. You cannot give consent if you do not have the power to take that consent back. Not any one of us but most of us.... This is a radical idea. Possibly even terroristic in this day and age. Gene |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
It's a sickness...
Hello, my name is Mad Max, and I am a 1911-oholic! Went to the big monthly gun show today, wasn't expecting much as Saturdays are when the hords hit and all the good deals get lapped up. But, was out wheeling with the Jeep club yesterday, so we couldn't make it until today. Got there early, and the place was vacant; about one-third of the vendors weren't there at opening. I guess the good people were at church! Still, walked around just to see what was there. Most assault rifles were overpriced, the Yugo underfold I bought a year ago is now 50% more. Even crappy Romanian WASR-10s, which were running $300-350 a few months ago were close to $700! And people were snagging them left and right. It was pathetic. The dealers are capitalizing on Obama fears, and I lost count of the number of times I heard them pitching how much prices were gonna go up in January. It's BS profiteering, and I am not falling for it. But, I was contemplating another Springfield 1911, this time a Mil-Spec in stainless steel, to round out my collection. I have a black stainless Loaded Target, a Lightweight Operator in Armory Kote, a Parkerized GI, and felt a stainless would go well with that crowd. Unfortunately, all I could find was another Loaded with combat sights (but not night sights). It was sweet looking, so I grabbed it... ![]() And here are the "gang of four"... ![]() Sorry for the crap pictures but they were quickly taken before the wife dragged us all out grocery shopping. I haven't even broken it down and cleaned out the excess oil; but I hope I can get out to the range this week and shoot 'em all. A word of caution, having open spaces in your gun safe will drive you to purchases like this. That, and a wife that gives you the 'cleared hot' everytime you ask about buying a new gun (God bless her!). But that's it for a while, prices are too crazy and I think I am going to focus on storing up some ammo just in case there are more taxes imposed on it. However, I did see a nice Webley .455 chambered in .45 Colt that was only $500... ![]() Cheers! M2 |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Absolutely red Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Posts: 7,816
|
Some nice weapons.
__________________
Obama Can't Gymkhana! |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Liftback white Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 122
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Why A Gun Is Better Than A Girlfriend
1. You can trade in your old 44 for a new 22. 2. You can have one gun at home and another when you're on the road. 3. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he'll probably let you try it out. 4. One gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup. 5. Your gun stays with you even when you run out of ammo. 6. Guns don't take up much closet space. 7. Guns function normally every day of the month. 8. Your gun will never ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?" 9. A gun doesn't mind when you go to sleep after using it. 10. AND, you can buy a silencer for a gun! |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
My buddy just picked up a .308 CV sniper rifle w/ a $600 scope. God help the watermelons we'll be buying this summer.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Empty milk jugs filled with food coloring and water are more dramatic. For the .22 and bb guns use ritz crackers and the birds clean up the mess!
__________________
some people are little slinkies. . . . .they are really good for nothing. . . .but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs. Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Hey Everyone,
I'm off to Hawaii in 2 days time. I'm going to go to a shooting range as our laws here in Australia only let us have revolvers, single shot rifles and shotguns. I've fired plenty of pistols in my trips to CA. Glocks, Sig Sauer, H&K, Beuretta, Magnum, Remington to name a few. I really want to fire an AK47 and M16 and the like. Lucky for me Hawaiian laws will let me do that. I just want some advice. Do you think I should go for the: High Power Course or the VIP Course? http://www.hawaiigunclub.com/en/rates.html Thanks for your thoughts. Oh and i'm aware that i'd need to buy more ammo than they provide with those packages. Also if anyone knows or can recommend a good range on Waikiki please let me know, otherwise i'll be going to the range in the link. Cheers.
__________________
![]() "Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Not really here...
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,062
|
It might have something to do with the fact that i have ties with Surefire.
I use a combo of an X200 with crimson trace grips on my 226.
__________________
Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
Quote:
As for carrying a semi-auto in 'Condition 1' (with a round in the pipe), it is the only way to carry a semi-auto for self-defense! Some people are concerned about accidental/negligent discharges; but they should be more concerned about the ready state of their weapon if they need it! I carry my XD with 13+1, a full magazine plus one in the chamber. It has a double safety, one in the grip and a second in the trigger; but yes both are activated by grabbing the weapon to shoot it. That is why the #1 rule in gun safety is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. But to answer Mad Dog's (no relation) question, when you load a semi auto pistol there will not be a round chambered unless the slide is locked backward from the last round of the previous magazine (or it has been manually locked back). A round will chamber when you release the slide and it moves forward. As a matter of fact, that is how you put a weapon into 'Condition 1,' you load a full magazine, chamber a round by cycling the slide, then you release the magazine and add another round to it to replace the one that is now chambered. Most police departments have gone from revolvers to semi-automatics because the latter has a greater capacity (between 7 to 13 rounds per magazine, plus one in the chamber). Earlier semi-autos were not as reliable as revolvers, but that is no longer the case. I have at least 1500-2000 rounds through my XD45 without a single failure to feed or extract. That gun has been put through the torture test without a single problem. Newer models now are available with a third safety on the slide, but that is only to make it more idiot-proof as the best safety a person can have is between their ears! I want the ability to draw and fire my weapon without having to add a step to take off a safety, which is why I carry an XD and not one of my M1911s. Finally, the term 'gun nut' is somewhat derogatory (most prefer 'gun enthusiast') but it doesn't bother me that much. I would rather be a 'gun nut' than 'a nut with guns!' And despite what Stuffy says, he was making unsubstantiated remarks about Texas and whereas that may fly up in Canada, folks down here don't take kindly to false accusations. He can make all the claims he wants, but the facts speak the truths; and if anyone is interested in the truth, I would suggest reading the official state analysis of crime available here. Yes, it does show that the number of crimes has gone up slightly; but considering the mass influx of residents moving here the averages are actually decreasing, and that trend has been continuing since 1993 (see pg 7). Sorry pal, but the rule down here is that you have to back up what you say! Cheers! M2 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Absolutely red Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Posts: 7,816
|
It's a right as an American to bear arms and speak freely about it. Perhaps there should be a thread dedicated to those who oppose and another for those that enjoy firearms. We are all here because we own a Toyota Yaris and enjoy talking about our little cars. We not here to break each other down. Everyone has a right to their own veiw, just accept that not everyone sees the world through your eyes.
__________________
Obama Can't Gymkhana! |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| OBAMA OR MCCAIN OR NOVOTE | TheRealEnth | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 35 | 11-05-2008 01:09 AM |
| Only in America | YamilR | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 67 | 08-15-2007 04:20 PM |
| VirginiaTech Killer... | Blenjar | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 38 | 04-19-2007 11:18 AM |