Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > YarisUniverse
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
MaxT

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
I purchased a set of the Italia slotted rotors and the pads. Quality is excellent. I do not race so the slotted rotors do not necessarily help but they do look very good through my wheels. The stopping is much better and I attribute that to the new higher quality pads. Well worth the cost.

Installation was easy if you have confidence in replacing brakes. You have to remove two 14MM bolts to get the calipers off to replace the pads. There is a couple other steps in replacing the pads. The original pads have two removable shims on each pad. The new Italia pads have one permanent shim installed on each pad. I took the outside stainless shim off of the original pad and clipped it on the new pads to make the same size pads. You also have to remove a small spring clip from the top of each original pad and attach it to the new pads. Again easy if you are conficent changing brakes, otherwise get help or pay someone.

If you are replacing the rotors you must remove two 19MM bolds holding the caliper cradle on. The rotor should them almost fall off. One side did for me but the other had slightly rusted into the wheel axle but a rubber mallet got it off. Toyota also puts two drilled and tapped holes that you can thread a bolt into to push the rotor loose if needed.

I love the look and feel of the brakes. I'm going to change the lines next because I think that will make the biggest difference due to pressure loss. If you need new pads or rotors, I highly recommend these. If you live in South Georgia or North Florida, I'll gladly help.

Max