Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing
 
TinyGiant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 3,394
nice
__________________
Sold the yaris... rocking an 89 vw cabriolet now :)
TinyGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #2
H3LlIoN
 
Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Midatlantic
Posts: 727
Thanks. It will look better once I score one of those DD kits everyone is talking about from europe...
__________________
Toyota
Moving Forward
...even when you don't want it to.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Slick
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 3-Dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 616
Send a message via MSN to Slick
HOLY MASSIVE PICS BATMAN!!!
600x400
Please
For the Love
Of all thats
Good in music

Great photos btw :D
__________________
In a world... where things squeak, wont fit,start to bleed, or are just plain hard to do.... ArmorAll will fix that
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Carrozzeria

1. Carrozzeria
2. Pioneer
3. DEH-P01 (Japanese market version of the DEH-P99RS; mine has a small amplifier that came with it whereas the US and Euro market versions don't)











^Yes...my camera sucks! I'll be working to get better pictures of the source. The bezel pieces are paint matched to the car. It looks pretty darned good IMHO. Four pre outs, four 24 bit DACs (one per pre out), 36 dB L&R four-way crossover, L&R 31 band EQ, time alignment...the list goes on...all in a 1 DIN chassis.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 06-10-2010 at 02:15 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
KrazyDawg
 
KrazyDawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 151
Nice pics. I'm hoping on one had anything stolen.
__________________



KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Someone wants to try, they're going to have a BAD day. 2 way remote, three back up batteries, a strobe light, security screws...

...and me coming at the bad guy with bad intentions.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
Thalmes
 
Thalmes's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris NCP90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Perth , Australia
Posts: 47
Do you guys usually dismount your head unit at night or anywhere you park ? Or do you just leave it there ?
Thalmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
NinjaPirate
n00bcake
 
NinjaPirate's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris YR hatch
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Perth, .au
Posts: 37
I'm paranoid so I've been taking mine off every time lol. hope it doesn't break.
NinjaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Thalmes
 
Thalmes's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris NCP90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Perth , Australia
Posts: 47
take off everytime ? As in everytime you park somewhere ? And where do you put it ? In the side pocket ?
Thalmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
NinjaPirate
n00bcake
 
NinjaPirate's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris YR hatch
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Perth, .au
Posts: 37
Yeah every time I park, work, shops etc. except at home. I put in the little storage spot under the wheel just above my feet, or glovebox if I'm not lazy.
NinjaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
Thalmes
 
Thalmes's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris NCP90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Perth , Australia
Posts: 47
Do you park inside a garage at home ? I park outside the garage though =P
Thalmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
NinjaPirate
n00bcake
 
NinjaPirate's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris YR hatch
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Perth, .au
Posts: 37
Nah, in a carport. At the side of the house so people aren't gonna walk up the driveway and look in my car. I hope. o.O
NinjaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
Thalmes
 
Thalmes's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris NCP90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Perth , Australia
Posts: 47
Haha , We park in a similar spot .

I'll start to be hardworking and take it off everywhere I park !
Thalmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
kuyachris84
 
kuyachris84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 321
Hi, i just changed my headunit yesterday. I was afraid because I never did the wiring myself but it turned out to be pretty simple. It's a pioneer avh-p4200.

Here's some pics:









__________________
2008 YARIS/VITZ LIFTBACK - BLACK SAND PEARL
Representing The Midwest!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3132598
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #15
FcukThis
 
Drives: yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: seattle
Posts: 125
FcukThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
N9QGS
 
N9QGS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 117
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
I certainly someone can clear something up for me.... I have a 2007 US Yaris S that came with the "integrated radio" the radio that is mounted into the trim panel with the vent cut outs.

I took it to a stereo place one time and they said there was no mounting hardware inside where the integrated radio sits to put in a double din, and there was nothing made for it. They did offer the single DIN with pocket. I ended up going this route.

However it seems like crutchfield says there is a double din kit for the car with integrated stereo. Howevere all I see is what appears to be side trims and has some mounts off of that for attaching to the radio. Now on my single din there is wings that come out and mount to the 4 screws that holds the radio in place. This doesnt exist on this double din piece. So I again repeat, I am standing by the stereo installer, I cannot do a double din...

But you guys have pictures of what appears to be my model based on the dashboard) and you have double din.. So can someone explain how this radio stays in place? Cause I really would like to get something like a Kenwood DNX6160.
__________________
198K Miles
N9QGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #17
Nodrog
 
Nodrog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9QGS View Post
I certainly someone can clear something up for me.... I have a 2007 US Yaris S that came with the "integrated radio" the radio that is mounted into the trim panel with the vent cut outs.

But you guys have pictures of what appears to be my model based on the dashboard) and you have double din.. So can someone explain how this radio stays in place? Cause I really would like to get something like a Kenwood DNX6160.
BTW, N9QGS, I used the mounts right off the factory radio, did not need any kit besides the faceplate. The faceplate that Kong sells on eBay is a smaller hole than others, so you don't need any 'spacers' or any other special mounting hardware.
__________________
If it aint fixed, don't broke it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28635 Gotta love the search function and google = )



I got bored so i searched the Install guide as well...http://www.installer.com/pdf/95-8202.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Double Din.JPG (76.7 KB, 1259 views)
File Type: jpg Double Din.2JPG.JPG (75.7 KB, 1254 views)
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3

Last edited by _S7V7N_; 01-22-2011 at 11:41 PM.
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pics of cylinder head (engine) covers here joelitton Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 157 08-02-2017 11:36 AM
ANAL THREAD VER 2.0 dvlnblkdrs Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 238 08-19-2010 09:21 AM
srs / airbag light after head unit install? KwonSau In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 7 12-24-2008 02:04 AM
Req: Head unit suggestions. xed In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 21 08-09-2007 07:38 PM
High pitched whine using stock head unit / aux input? IsLNdbOi In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 8 02-02-2007 12:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.