Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Aftermarket alarm ... which one?

I am looking for an alarm for the car - one that has a keychain that lights up or something when your car actually gets broken into. Do you guys have any suggestions? Price doesn't matter, but I would like to keep it under $500 if possible.

I am aprox. 100 - 150 yards away from the car when parked in the lot and aprox. 75 when in the garage - so at minimum I would want it to reach at least 300 yards (just in case we are at the mall, or something like that) because I just won't be able to hear it if a siren goes off - so I would want a HELL of a lot of noise to draw attention as well as the keychain alarm :)

I just don't want to take the risk - I going from being stock with just tinted windows today to wheels, system, DVD, etc. in the matter of a few days and I am afraid some punk kid in my complex will try something :/ I've called around to a few places but they say that I have to buy a $2500 system to get that .. and well, I just don't believe that. lol

Thanks guys/gals :)
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The DEI products (Viper, Python, Clifford, etc.) are good choices for 2-way alarm systems with good range, and are well under $500.

Check out the Python 902 or Viper 5002

http://www.directed.com/

I also like the UltraStart brand. I have one of their keyless entry/remote start systems in my Yaris and its range is better than any system I've used in the past.

Check out the 690XR-PRO:

http://www.ultrastarters.com/products_pro.html
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Great! Thanks for the info, I am going to check those out - I really like that 690XR-PRO!
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote