Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
Let us the fix for the air bag cable . Good luck .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
MoneyT8
 
Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 85
Still waiting on the letter for the spiral cable. Has anyone gotten hurt or god-forbid killed because of this? Do we we even need the letter from Toyota to go in and get this fixed because I've heard the dealership has it on their computer already so there is no need for the recall letter? Anyways Toyota needs to hurry up.

***Update just got my recall done for the spiral cable and now the airbag light is gone =). I'm considering getting an alignment done.

Last edited by MoneyT8; 10-21-2014 at 05:09 PM.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
The Limo 2
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chilliwack, BC Canada
Posts: 104
Got my letter for the spiral cable. Have an appointment on Nov 20 to get it done.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
Got my letter yesterday for the spiral cable too.
__________________
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Hershey
 
Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
What is removed to get to the cable ? Big or small task ?
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
The Limo 2
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chilliwack, BC Canada
Posts: 104
The letter says the cable is in the steering column assembly and will take approximately one hour to fix.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
phaznet
 
phaznet's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: YGK
Posts: 151
I got the letter!
And Toyota wanted me to pay for the diagnostic and spiral cable repair 2 months back, saying i would be refunded. But, I bet I would only get refunded for the spiral cable, not the diagnostic (which I had already done myself).

Gotta love the hand-me-down recall culture we have here in Canada.
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
"G"
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 346
Just had the spiral cable replaced and the seat rail recall done. 100% free.
"G" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
Still Learning
 
Drives: 07 Yaris 3Dr HB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 40
I had both the spiral cable and rails done last Saturday. I had my car back within 2 hours.
Still Learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #10
Astroman
Modded Moderator
 
Astroman's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 3,670
I had mine done a couple weeks back. Went in for the seat rail and they fixed the clockspring. Finally got to drive my car without the airbag light on for the first time in over 5 years.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
MoneyT8
 
Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 85
Anyone got a Toyota Economic Loss Settlement Administrator settlement? My first thought was it's a scam but after further review it doesn't look like it. Thanks.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
MadMax
 
MadMax's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyT8 View Post
Anyone got a Toyota Economic Loss Settlement Administrator settlement? My first thought was it's a scam but after further review it doesn't look like it. Thanks.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52866
__________________
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:16 AM   #13
MoneyT8
 
Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Thanks .
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
matti
 
Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 345
First, I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I received a letter from Toyota saying I need to replace some sensors in the front passenger seat that determine if the airbag deploys or not. I guess this problem could also cause the front passenger airbag to turn off. I have a 2012 Yaris L. Anyone else get this letter?
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
First, I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I received a letter from Toyota saying I need to replace some sensors in the front passenger seat that determine if the airbag deploys or not. I guess this problem could also cause the front passenger airbag to turn off. I have a 2012 Yaris L. Anyone else get this letter?
The only one I am aware of for the 2012 is T-SB-0092-12:


Some 2012 model year Yaris hatchback vehicles may exhibit a condition where the passenger
“AIRBAG OFF” light may illuminate intermittently while driving and the passenger seat is unoccupied.
This condition will not affect airbag operation. An updated Occupant Classification System Electronic
Control Unit (OCS ECU) has been made available to address this condition. This updated OCS ECU
logic will now illuminate the “AIRBAG OFF” light all the time when the vehicle is operated and
the passenger seat is unoccupied or when the OCS ECU determines that the occupant does not
meet the adult classification criteria.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #16
matti
 
Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The only one I am aware of for the 2012 is T-SB-0092-12:


Some 2012 model year Yaris hatchback vehicles may exhibit a condition where the passenger
“AIRBAG OFF” light may illuminate intermittently while driving and the passenger seat is unoccupied.
This condition will not affect airbag operation. An updated Occupant Classification System Electronic
Control Unit (OCS ECU) has been made available to address this condition. This updated OCS ECU
logic will now illuminate the “AIRBAG OFF” light all the time when the vehicle is operated and
the passenger seat is unoccupied or when the OCS ECU determines that the occupant does not
meet the adult classification criteria.
Thank you. The letter I received doesn't mention any TSB number, as far as I can tell. It says....."Due to the current collision detection thresholds, the system may interpret certain occupant seating usages or road conditions as a rear collision and illuminate the Airbag Warning Light and "AIR BAG OFF" indicator, disabling the front passenger airbag."

It says this pertains to 2012-2013 Yaris vehicles and others (Avalon, etc.). Regardless, I'll call my dealer soon to get it taken care of.

Thanks!
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #17
Flammable
 
Flammable's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
It says this pertains to 2012-2013 Yaris vehicles and others (Avalon, etc.). Regardless, I'll call my dealer soon to get it taken care of.

Thanks!
That is what my recall letter said as well.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #18
matti
 
Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
That is what my recall letter said as well.
I had the work done today at my local dealership. Took about two hours.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Response from Toyota on my special order drdavidr4u New YARIS Purchase Forum 14 04-27-2010 08:59 PM
Yaris In Forza 3 whooppee777 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 61 04-03-2010 04:36 PM
Toyota Temporarily Suspends Sales of Selected Vehicles redglare45 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 0 01-26-2010 06:33 PM
Toyota Delays Buckethead General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 08-26-2006 03:16 AM
Toyota recalls vehicles over faulty engine Lizardboy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 1 07-18-2006 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.