![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
AM - is it bad when I know this movie? I haven't seen it in years. Until now I had forgotten the names of the characters...
GAWD I'm old. Sanding tonight. Talking with one of the best repair shops in the country about the P-01. They're having trouble finding the service manual for the "P" series decks (P-01 & P-99). I may be forced to send this back to my source in Japan. Funny...I type this sitting at a sushi bar just having finished some good Tako, Ebi & tempura...maybe I'm channeling some mojo. ![]() ^short hair worked. These things are SEXY! They're nice and heavy too. No resonance messing with the pillars. Perhaps I'm excited because I could plug them in right now and make things right...I need to get a filler coat on these then more sanding. Tomorrow night... ![]() ![]() ![]() ^First layer of primer. Here in a few, I'll go back into the garage and sand more. Oh yeah, there is two layers of filler that went under this that I didn't take pics of. I was to busy applying and sanding. You can see in that bottom picture that there's a high point in the filler just above the mid. I'll sand that down by hand and get any other pinhole blemishes. The I'll prime agian. After this priming, I'll get some texture and go from there. Cleaning up around the garage...I finally found my backup battery keys to my alarm. This means I can disconnect the battery and take the airbag out so that I can replace the steering wheel with a leather wrapped Scion tC piece...In a week or two I'm thinking. I'll have the new processor in by then along with the backup source.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine Last edited by sqcomp; 09-30-2012 at 10:48 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
New aiming looks like each mid is looking at each other, is that right?
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
They're at the same height but no, they're aimed about 15 degrees up from horizontal. This aiming gives me rock solid imaging and height. The tweeters in the pillars are good for width, height and worrying less about crossover points. The "blend" will be easier than with the tweeters separated as they were this year. I could have it sounding off tonight if I pleased but...I want absolute control before info this again...and with the P-01 acting all bejiggity, I'd rather not risk it.
I also put a couple layers of high build primer on the pillars as well. Lots of work gets done when I don't have a wife hanging around. The "to do" list becomes very basic and simple. Edit: I got my paws on the service manual for the P-99RS...anyone who started this post that needs one in the future knows now where to get it and give it to a repair center if needed. My P-01 is going out the Pyramid Audio tomorrow morning. Within the month, I'll be back up working again.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine Last edited by sqcomp; 10-01-2012 at 10:09 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I just order another port system for my experiment with 2 i6SW's!
![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Yes, I misspoke, the sail panels, not the pillars.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Some Left and Right EQ...
![]() ![]() More tuning soon... D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
![]() I know this exercise...We don't center match in the mid and sub bass regions simply because at 175 Hz and below, the bass isn't localizing for the most part. I'd imagine this is going to change drastically when the mids are back on top. I have to make a mic jig and find a 3055 I can play with locally... The sub however is down 9 dB You can also see I had to pump up the output. My gains are pretty much off...I suppose I could change that though.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I enjoy doing several passes at different conditions for example....
parked with engine off, parked with engine in idle and then driving at about 70 mph. ![]() T/A ![]() X-over Points
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Where's my crown?
Drives: 07 self proclaimed TRD Sedan Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11
|
So heres the thing. 2 -400w amps pushing 2- 12" Terminator subs each independent of one another. My trunk rattles... my gas door rattles... looking through my rearview is like having michael j fox holding it. So what do I do to eliminate the vibration? without compromising sound quality? 2-subs-4-mids-4 voice....
__________________
I am the obvious resolve to the age old question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Then last resource is... turn down the gains to mach your other speakers. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
D,
throw this T/A in and give it a try just for the hell of it (I think this is CM not IN IIRC)...and actually you can reduce the sub too I think. I was just playing with that part:
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Inside the Pioneer world 155.39" (max number in TA) means (0) zero delay, and what I do is to delay the closest speakers to my left ear to get the signal rich both ears at the same time. That is why you see my right Mid at 155.39" and every thing goes from there. If I had the sub in the trunk that would be the furthest speaker and will get 0 (zero) delay AKA 155.39" 0" (zero) would be like to delay at maximum the left side Mid and Mid/Bass ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
These may not mean a lot to YarisWorld, but to my ears it's like GOLD!
![]() Right side: ![]() Left side: ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I'm more interested in the equalization more than the time alignment anyway. There was a huge difference between your system and mine, seeing as mine had that processor on it. The messed up thing is that every brand does their time alignment different it seems. You'll see where I go when I get the P01 repaired... And what ever processor I put in there.
I just had an offer from one of the Arc dealers and I'm still comparing with the Zapco dealer as well on the processors. We just have to see what happens after the P01 gets back from repair.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Yes, equalization had a much bigger impact than Time alignment for the... WOW Factor! Yes every brand does it different, took me a while to understand each method and assuming milliseconds against inches, but at some point TA had to be the same function. How come I never get offers? I should market more aggressive LOL D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Mmm...there are probably several reasons why no offers.
They aren't because you're not a nice guy. The biggest reason is that these manufacturers have seen my face at CES for several years now. I suppose you could say I'm known in the industry. All of this is based on my appearances at CES really. Networking man, networking! Heck, You know that Arc audio piece the PS8? I have that in my hands last year. I saw how it worked in the demo vehicle. I saw its physical size without it's "big shroud" and yeah... I mean I had the attention of one of the players at Arc audio even though I'm not running any Arc audio gear. All of this just by attending CES and spending a few minutes talking to people and the little fact that I can cook and I was able to give people food when they were really hungry. Time and place mang...time and place. Not only the CES factor but those people know me and they see how I support the brick-and-mortar stores. I've also been responsible for making IASCA a factor here in the Northwest again. It's terrible but it seems like I'm playing my own trumpet here but really I'm not. It's just several factors I mentioned plus there some other factors aside from what I mentioned before. The thing is Derick, you could do the same thing. All it is is simply time invested into the industry & face time with networking. It all started 12 years ago when I decided to work for a few months at a high end stereo shop. That's where I met Jim before he owned his first shop. That snowballed into appearances at CES and INAC finals.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |