![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() 1.-Power Bass 5 channels (Tweeters, Mids, Sub) ![]() 2.-IDQ700.2 2 channels (Lows) ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
A general question for every one...
Can I put the sub facing down into the carpet when using a ported box, (port facing to the side) D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
The deck should be able to turn on two amplifiers...
The relays...you're using them to turn on the amplifiers? Yes, you can aim the woofer into the carpet. Just make sure you're giving the woofer enough room to move. Now, tell me what your resonant frequency for the caq is?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
when turning on/off the HU, you suggested a relay for the amp, I got these from Adam/Jim to prevent the pop issue. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
OK, now talk to me in plain English! what does that mean?
![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I made a model (mock-up) of the subwoofer enclosure, pictures tonight!
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Do an spl sweep of your car, what's the loudest frequency?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok, I will
![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ok,
here is my way of describing it: 10hz nothing just a low humble ![]() 20hz my ears hurt and a bigger humble ![]() 30hz my ears hurt and gets louder ![]() 40hz really loud and my hair tickles! ![]() 50hz calms down and not as loud but doors start to reverberate. ![]() 60hz not as loud as 50hz but everything vibrates ![]() 70hz it just keeps smoothing more and more.... ![]() So I guess some where around 40hz it's the loudest! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Designing the enclosure for the I6SW:
Ok, space required 0.35 cubic feet = 9.9 liters lets call it 10 liters So I got some pop-corn and filled a couple of bags with 10 litters of pop-corn and ready to go: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
remember to give the woofer some room for excursion...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Don't worry, I'm aware about that!
I wanted to see the woofer in the original designs but for many reasons will go facing down. I'm providing extra space for the cone to "move" (o: D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
Why would you face it down into the carpet, vs facing up into the cabin? I realize there's a protective/ hidden factor, just seems it would muffle the sound badly?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'm waiting for the 2" port...
![]() From Precision Sound Products ![]() I also need to get a 2" PVC-90 degrees elbow, from Lowes, the port needs to be almost 16" long. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
OK, 2 a.m. again
Tape night! there is something about this that I have no patience... ![]() ![]() ![]() So the floor is not flat, there are some curves and bumps, to mold the cardboard I spray cleaner to the back and then let it sit with lots of weights on top, a day under the sun and will evaporate the liquid and hopefully the cardboard will hold it's shape. (and stay clean lol) Next would be start glazing! Any clues about integrating MLV to the subwoofer enclosure build up? or I'm just acting stupid? D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Sorry bro...I was up in Canada this last weekend winning! Apparently, IASCA has me as the best sounding vehicle in the Pacific Northwest region in my class. I won a 1st place showing with a score of 225 in SQc Amateur division. It was a regional championship event, the Western Canadian Finals. It was a 3x registered event for IASCA. This means that I can compete at SBN in Daytona Beach Florida with the car and go for a World Championship.
...Alas, I don't have the time or the money to take my car all the way across the country and back for a two day event... I can still take solice that without proving any more, I have the best sounding Amateur class vehicle in the region this year. ![]()
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine Last edited by sqcomp; 08-24-2011 at 08:32 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Congratulations!!!, I can see (feel) how you end up in 1st place, I'm very happy for you. Now you know why I don't compete! it's just too much of a commute for me, jeje LOL D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |