Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #55
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
zachry you gangsta mac fry home skillet. I won't be trippin up in your hood, yo.

One question. Say you pop a cap in some gang banger while he's boosting your g-ride whipilicious flymobile. Don't you think one of the homie's homies is gonna get some vengeance up in this bitch? That would be very un-church, imo.
Best post ever .

For those of you that have 20 guns per every square foot of your home, I hope you guys aren't this retarded:

Toddler accidentally kills herself after mistaking a real gun that daddy left on the table for a Wii gun.

Get'r dun.

Last edited by yarisitis; 04-11-2010 at 07:45 AM.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #56
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
What other safer way is there if the criminal you are facing has a gun?

Chances are, the criminal walks away leaving you dead.

And government, or anyone else, will never be effective at taking illegal guns off the streets. That's why they're illegal and criminal! Remember, gun laws/restrictions only affect the innocent. Criminals will always have their guns.
Hence why they are criminals.
I sincerely don't believe their goal is to harm you 99% of the time. Like I said, I feel that they are just trying to intimidate you to allow them to get what they want from you.

If a government puts their minds and resources to it, things would be a lot better. My .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
Best post ever .

For those of you that have 20 guns per every square foot of your home, I hope you guys aren't this retarded:

Toddler accidentally kills herself after mistaking a real gun that daddy left on the table for a Wii gun.

Get'r dun.
=/ Not cool.
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #57
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
I sincerely don't believe their goal is to harm you 99% of the time. Like I said, I feel that they are just trying to intimidate you to allow them to get what they want from you.

If a government puts their minds and resources to it, things would be a lot better. My .02
Sorry, I just had to LOL at the thought of government actually using their minds to think about something instead of their pocketbooks.

While I'd bet that it's true that most criminals don't actually want to hurt you, there are still plenty that do (rapists, etc.) so I'd personally rather just kill them all. You want my Blackberry? I'm sorry, you can't have that, but you CAN have this 147grn +P+ Federal Hydroshock 9mm JHP. Or at my house, I have a Mossberg 500 Cruiser loaded with 6 rounds of 3" high velocity 00 buckshot along with my vast array of other weaponry, but the shotgun would be my first choice for practicality.

IMO, if you want a REAL way to deter crime, make the death penalty the de facto punishment for felonies. It'd be cheaper on the tax payers, not having to pay for those dirt bags to be in jail, and it'd be a lot more for someone to think about if they were going to turn to a life of crime. I'd like to see them executed with shotguns on the lawn of the courthouse. The gorier the better. Make people REALLY fear being caught by the law, instead of this stupid slap on the wrist bullcrap we have now.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #58
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Well here in Toledo, there are armed home invasions... many armed robberies, guys running around raping and killing women. For that reason I always carry my .45 and usually my .38 as a back up. There are 2 shotguns one in the bedroom and one in the familyroom, the two rooms we are in the most. My 5'4" 100lbs wife can handle any of the weapons fine, so I know my wife will be to defend herself. With all the crap going on here, I open carry my .45 most of the time. We are also moving to Arizona, an even more gun friendly state :)
Wow, I'd feel right at home in a place like that! God bless ya!

I don't carry a weapon/weapons (yeah, I often have a BUG as well!) with the intent of shooting somebody, I carry it to prevent being shot! I pray that I never have to use lethal force against someone; but if they threaten me, my family or my property, I sure as hell will have the ability do defend all of the above. The bad guys may not have any intent on harming any of us, but how do you know that? I'd rather not hope that the odds being in my favor, I'd rather ensure they are!

Plus, other people may depend on the police to protect themselves; but remember that when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away!

Oh, and 47_MasoN_47, I've also got a pistol-gripped Mossy (a Persuader) loaded with 3" Magnum 00-buckshot rounds. It is the HD weapon of choice!

And what I love about Texas is that if anyone is killed or injured during a crime, everyone committing the crime is held accountable. That means if a couple of idiots try and break into my house, and I shoot and kill one of them, the "surviving" idiots will be charged with his death, not me! As we say in these parts, Don't Mess With Texas!

"An armed society is a polite society!" - Robert A. Heinlein

Amen!

Cheers! M2

p.s Everyone reading this thread should also read On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs by Dave Grossman. I met then-LTC Grossman several years ago at a seminar when I was still in the military, the man knows his stuff!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #59
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
IMO, if you want a REAL way to deter crime, make the death penalty the de facto punishment for felonies. It'd be cheaper on the tax payers, not having to pay for those dirt bags to be in jail, and it'd be a lot more for someone to think about if they were going to turn to a life of crime. I'd like to see them executed with shotguns on the lawn of the courthouse. The gorier the better. Make people REALLY fear being caught by the law, instead of this stupid slap on the wrist bullcrap we have now.
Yeah, fear the police and goverment, that's an awesome idea.

Given the possiblity of error in courts of law, that is the stupidest idea ever. How many appeals will someone be given? None? So we possibly sacrifice innocent citizens in an attempt to deter the criminals and trash of this country to act like civilized people?

Sounds like Singapore would be an awesome vacation spot for you! lol. (Or Iran. )

Of course, we can thank the 8th Amendment for not allowing such idiotic ideas come into fruition (which btw came from the same document that allows you to own a firearm. )
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #60
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
wow..... lol, i really find it amazing, being brought up in a place that doesn't allow guns my views are completly different. dont get me wrong, my views are alot more pussy then yours, lol, but really, logically i see it as u saying shoot first, ask questions later?....thats not right, when someone rings ure doorbell and u shoot and kill them.....when the officer comes what do u say? he was GONNA attack u? wtf.....

dont get me wrong, here in canada (if i understand our own laws correctly) we cannot defend ourselves untill we have been hurt..... we cannot throw a punch untill we have been hit..... and if u use any wepon and seriously hurt them or kill them, u are now a criminal......

i agree the death penalty should be reinstated, but not death by vigilante. let the cops get the criminals, let the innocent live their lives and not worry about it.

another thing i find is lets jsut say out of the entire population(we will say of texas, just for arguement sake) of texas, 95%has a gun, out of that 95% of gun owners, 90% of them are regestered. do the cops ask each and every person who has a gun to see the papers?
or if u have a store with 30people in it, 25 of them have guns, ones of those people are gonna try to robb it.... who's it gonna be? here u can tell who its gonna be, because only that person will have a gun.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:11 AM   #61
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
Hmm what a smartass comment can do .... Everyone has the right to carry a gun in the USA not saying that are all because they are not but frig WTF filling your care full of distructive tools to protect your self unlucky, spewing there are places on the world that require that kind of "crazy shit"
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #62
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Sorry, I just had to LOL at the thought of government actually using their minds to think about something instead of their pocketbooks.

While I'd bet that it's true that most criminals don't actually want to hurt you, there are still plenty that do (rapists, etc.) so I'd personally rather just kill them all. You want my Blackberry? I'm sorry, you can't have that, but you CAN have this 147grn +P+ Federal Hydroshock 9mm JHP. Or at my house, I have a Mossberg 500 Cruiser loaded with 6 rounds of 3" high velocity 00 buckshot along with my vast array of other weaponry, but the shotgun would be my first choice for practicality.

I know I'm just being a dreamer on the whole government piece, but, you have to admit, it would be cool to see the government do something selfless for a change.

I can't agree with killing someone over a cell phone. I just can't. I think that is too impulsive, and I wouldn't want to go to jail or prison for a phone.

However, I do agree with the death penalty. Just get rid of them bastards. Better yet, put them all on an uninhibited island with no aid or resources and make a reality show of their lives. With all the non sense they'd be up to, it would make millions!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #63
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I pray that I never have to use lethal force against someone; but if they threaten me, my family or my property, I sure as hell will have the ability do defend all of the above. The bad guys may not have any intent on harming any of us, but how do you know that? I'd rather not hope that the odds being in my favor, I'd rather ensure they are!
I can certainly appreciate this train of thought even if I don't personally adopt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Yeah, fear the police and goverment, that's an awesome idea.

Given the possiblity of error in courts of law, that is the stupidest idea ever. How many appeals will someone be given? None? So we possibly sacrifice innocent citizens in an attempt to deter the criminals and trash of this country to act like civilized people?
I think he was talking about people who are actually guilty as opposed to people who have been convicted. In my mind, if there was a stiffer punishment it would only make sense to make the burden of proof to be more substantial as well.