Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
nuttallacpw

Drives: toyota yaris 1.0
Hey there a uk member, Wanting to turbo the 1SZ-FE lump

Well i got an early 1999 1SZ-FE lump in my yaris.

I have managed to get my hands a second hand HKS turbo kit but its missing some bits, air filter and pipework and no engine management.

I have a garret turbo mounted on the HKS manifold and thats it.

Has anyone here got experience with fitting this kit?

The uk seems to have alot of people who think they know what they are on about but when asked no one has got a turbo'd 1.0 nor do they know anyone with one.

I have only ever seen one and it was built with no budget so they went to Fensport, Motec, Sumo power etc.... Types of places i simply cannot afford to go.

My plan is to try and do this on the lowest budget possible not cutting corners but not spending silly money on new stuff when 2nd hand could do the job just as well.

So my american friends. Does anyone have any idea, It seems alot of you have 1.5 turbos.

I am told the lowe pressure turbo in the hks kit means it doesnt need an intercooler nor any internal work and it will take the engine from 70bhp to nearer 110bhp.

The chap who i have spoken to (project manager at max power) that actaully has one seems to think he is running closer to 140bhp on stock internals...
nuttallacpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Faraz_Shaikh

Drives: Toyota Vitz
i can help you :)

im from Pakistan, and i m having 2000 yaris
look, im going through the same situation, ive got a bolt on hks kit (used one)
the most important thing you need to do is get piggypak for this kit. first you need to get HKS FCON MINI, then you have to get HKS AFA( Air flow adjustment) which works as FCD.
These 2 things are the most important things before installing turbo on 1szfe. You may check this link
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30989
Ive purchased Garrett turbo 25, Hks Bov, oil adaptor, maf adaptor. Tomorrow or day after tomorrow ill hopefully send my car workshop for installation.
Ive planned to run car on 8psi, which is the safe boost.
After all this ill tune the car with wideband to check the fueling.
Faraz_Shaikh is offline   Reply With Quote