![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
The preview site has been updated with a new flash that gives 100 points about the new Vitz. I can't read Japanese, but from what I could gather going through the 100 slides it will have two engine options: 1.3L and 1.5L (although the toyota.jp website spec is showing a 1.0L and a 1.3L). Transmission options will be CVT, MT, and AT. There will be 2WD and 4WD versions.
Here's the second commercial, which shows the car better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpwJyRrxCaw
__________________
Last edited by CTScott; 12-22-2010 at 01:39 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
|
Here are videos of the 4 packages: F, U, Jewela, and RS
F: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneSiehDDBs U: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhNMD4GqIM Jewela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRkuc8vFlKg RS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2avRV8KLmts
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
www.yarisclub.gr
Drives: yaris 1.3 2sz - 1.33 1nr Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: greece
Posts: 199
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 642
|
i cant quite tell, but if those rear seats dont fold flat, it is a deal killer for me.(i transport dogs often...need flatness) it is the fatal flaw that made me cross the fiesta off my list.
i hope the color panels will be available for any model...it really adds to the interior. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 100
|
Quote:
http://toyota.jp/vitz/003_p_001/inte...eat/index.html I think it looks flat? I'm reasonably happy with the redesign. Some of the quirkiness that I liked about the Yaris looks to be gone (centre gauges, flip out cup holders) but I'm happy to see that Toyota stepped up the interior features to better match the competition. The Yaris was really starting to look dated. I wish I could read what the Smart Stop was all about. Some of the (pictures of) options look pretty nice too, but I don't really know what I'm reading. I think I see: heated seats, back-up camera with one of the HU's, automatic headlights. I'm really excited to see what happens next for the sedan and what makes it over to North America. Can anyone tell if the automatic is still just a four speed? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
|
Looking better and better.
![]() Now bring on the sedan! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, New Yawk
Posts: 2,063
|
The outside does'nt look that much different to me. But the interior options are incredible!
Nature,athlete,etc. Overall, I think the interior is much more interesting than the exterior....
__________________
Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
ヴィッツ ドライバー
Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 433
|
Yeah, Blazing Blue (8T0) continues!
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 642
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,086
|
hey i just found another link with a pic of the new vitz... oh wait...
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...-pic-19610.jpg ![]() Disaster!
__________________
![]() I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes? Last edited by frownonfun; 12-22-2010 at 10:04 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 349
|
I like the looks of the 2012 Yaris, but I still prefer the styling of my 09 Liftback.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Super Moderator
|
^^ They're practically identical!
![]() The news is not good as far as the interiors either. They are pretty much exactly the same as the Fit: 2012 Yaris: photo.PNG Honda Fit:
__________________
--[ FORUM RULES ]--[ SEARCHING TIPS ]--[ EYELIDS PICS ]--[ RBK SPOILER ]--[ BEST/WORST INVESTMENTS ]--
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
|
May not be a bad thing. The Versa has been the best seller by far the last couple of years. And the Fit's interior is the most praised in the segment.
Maybe Toyota's on to something.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 642
|
Quote:
Last edited by roxy1; 12-24-2010 at 07:32 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
Are you kidding, the Versa is ugly!
And I don't like the 3rd gen Yaris either, looks too much like a Matrix. Just another good reason to hang onto my 08 hatch! Cheers! M2
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
|
Agreed. I was just pointing out that the Versa has easily beaten the competition in sales for the last two years. I don't know why.
![]() But even though the new Yaris shares some ques with the Versa, it manages to look much better - particularly the headlights. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | ||
|
Small Car Lover
|
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know why the Versa is selling more. Maybe more incentives. I was partial to the design when it came out. Its certainly aged. The sedan is that's saying a lot coming from an ECHO owner![]() ![]() I'm sure Nissan is happy regardless. I think maybe one reason is the Versa is really a C segment car. Its on par if not bigger than the Sentra (interior volume). Or pretty darn close. You know Americans. love their big cars. Of course Nissan is deceptive in marketing a C segment car in a B segment market. Of course it will have the most space, its in a different class. Hopefully the next gen will look better.
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 3-door hatch Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 519
|
Agreed. I am SOOOO glad my 95 Accord crapped out this year and "let" me buy the 2011 Yaris. I would be so annoyed if I had missed the original style (even if the 2009+ is slightly updated)...
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Yaris Motor Swap Thread *Read before posting swap threads* | Sabretooth | Performance Modifications | 219 | 06-10-2025 02:58 PM |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Yaris review from the NY Daily news | bobselectric | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 3 | 03-07-2009 02:28 PM |