Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
JoKeR 157

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Subs and Security HEEELLPP!

Hey I just signed up in these forums because I had a lot of questions concerning my 07 Toyota Yaris hatchback and hope you guys would be able to help considering we have the same kind of car! I am purchasing from a friend 2 12' Infinity Reference Subs with a 1000W Logic Amp. First of all, do you think this is too much power for such a tiny car? Also, could I use my stock deck for the subs or would I have to go buy a deck? And lastly, I wanted to know what are some legit security systems there are for my Yaris so it doesn't get broken in to! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by JoKeR 157; 01-02-2011 at 12:37 AM.
JoKeR 157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
The Subs are 300 watts RMS
The Amp is 250 Watts RMS per channel.

You'll be pretty evenly matched. You'd probably be good by just upgrading the battery and doing the Big 3. As for alarms, somebody else can give you there input on that.

Big 3 Tutorial

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i got an automate with remote start in mine its only about 2 months old ive had no problems with it and it does work although no ones tried to break in but i know the shock sensors work and the door sensors but im not gonna try to break a window just to test it that might be a little to overboard hahah
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
JoKeR 157

Do you think 2 12' subs would be too loud/too much bass in this car? lol
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
JoKeR 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
i got an automate with remote start in mine its only about 2 months old ive had no problems with it and it does work although no ones tried to break in but i know the shock sensors work and the door sensors but im not gonna try to break a window just to test it that might be a little to overboard hahah
Sorry Im new to this whole car thing but what are shock sensors lol and how much money did your automate run for?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
its the am-7 i believe you can get the kit for around 200 but i had it installed by a place and also did tints at the same time and all together it was like 500 for the alarm and tints. now maybe i got ripped off haha but i think it was worth it. and a shock sensor like if your car is bumped or hit with something it doesnt fully trigger the alarm but it gives a warning chirp for about 7 seconds
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
You'll have a Bass Control Knob with that amp so you'll be able to control the level of bass you want. You'll also be needing a Line Output Converter if you're going to run the Factory CD player.

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearc...onverters.html

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
JoKeR 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
You'll have a Bass Control Knob with that amp so you'll be able to control the level of bass you want. You'll also be needing a Line Output Converter if you're going to run the Factory CD player.

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearc...onverters.html
Okay perfect and what one do I need? The first one? The audiocontrolLC2i? If its gonna be a 100 dollars I might as well just get a deck eh? lol
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
i ran a 5 channel amp and one 12" sub for about 4 or 5 months on the stock hu with a high low adapter and when i got my new deck it was so much better but i got a high quality deck.

if u like u can have mine, 5 bucks plus shipping. its a simple unit, just tap into your front L+, L-, R+, R- and it will give u rca out.

on that link, the one i used was the second one. and tied in with the Eq (also for sale) i got good sound quality and distrubution
Old 01-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
you can get LOCs @ your local best buy for $14.99.

Sound is relative to the listener. What may be too much for you might be just right for me. I hit 139.4 db with two 10's in my yaris, and that was a bit much for my liking.

As for battery and big 3...that's debatable. I had two pdx-1.600's and a pdx-4.100 on my car on stock wiring with twin 1 farad caps (one on each 1.600), and it ran fine. I guarantee it won't hurt doing it, and it's easy as hell, so why not?

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
You'll blow your ear drums... I have a single Alpine Type R 10" powered by 300W... and I keep the bass control way down to be able to hear the other speakers at all. It is way loud.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoKeR 157 View Post
Do you think 2 12' subs would be too loud/too much bass in this car? lol
There is never a "too loud/too much bass system" it's about what you like, I started many years ago with loud bass, people could here me coming 2 or 3 blocks away, but the music was annoying after 30 minutes, so SPL (Sound pressure level) it's not for me, then I discover SQ (sound quality) and it's a completely different story, it's not how loud it sounds, but how good it sounds, like a 3D movie or Blue Ray versus VHS.

Install your woofers and amp, listen to them and then decide how far do you really want to go.

We are here to help.

The Big 3 was a must for my install, I recommend it.

D.