Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
da1nonly

Drives: yaris hatchback le
FOLLOWUP (sorry for the length of this post):

Part replaced for $53.30

So thanks to this forum I had the part replaced by Toyota for $53.30...
out of warranty.

I had the issue back in feb 2010 with the right sensor. they replaced it under warranty but didnt say what caused the issue despite my complaints to know the cause... just said that they had to replace the entire sensor assembly. Back then I complained asking them to recheck and replace the other sensors but they wouldn't becuz they were fine... I didnt actually look this problem up until tonight jan 2011 when the sensor went on the leftside.

So the story goes:
Came in tonight.... told me it would cost $733 to fix the sensor issue. Add $200+ for labor and $100 for the initial diagnostic.

Googled and found this thread.... showed them the easy fix and the tsb issued in 2008 (US version). After talking with service manager, technician and service rep we finally found the TSB (CDN version). I told them to fix the problem according to the TSB which matched the error code found during diagnostic. The replaced just the wire sensor (list price $53.30), waved the diagnostic fee and took 10% off labor (after 1hr of complaining with everyone there). Total was about $230 ($180 2hr labor, $50 part)

I wouldve tried cleaning it but the tech had already pulled out the sensor and showed me the wire was damaged (really?). At least i have the latest sensor model (hopefully) which should protect against corrosion/damage to the sensor. So hopefully I wont have to worry about this or having to clean the original faulty sensor every year.

If it hasn't been posted... for those looking for the TSB (CDN version) the number is:
TSB3027 (issued July 3, 2008 revised on March 19, 2010) - Canadian TSB Version
DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)
C0210 - Rear Speed Sensor RH circuit
C0215 - Rear Speed Sensor LH Circuit

Sorry I didnt get a chance to read the entire thread but I skim through enough of it to help me get the right part replaced at a reasonable price rather than their initial costs of $700-900

Hope that helps.

The service manager also said he'd follow up with Toyota. What they call a good will claim... case determined by toyota canada.

Sorry for the length of the post... but hopefully some of this info helps someone with the same issue.

Cheers.

Last edited by da1nonly; 01-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.
da1nonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
polar_white

Drives: Yaris Hatchback LE
Hi,

Can you tell us which dealership is this in Toronto? DVN wants total of $940 to rplace both rear sensors, they said the cost of both sensors is $240.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1nonly View Post
FOLLOWUP (sorry for the length of this post):

Part replaced for $53.30

So thanks to this forum I had the part replaced by Toyota for $53.30...
out of warranty.

I had the issue back in feb 2010 with the right sensor. they replaced it under warranty but didnt say what caused the issue despite my complaints to know the cause... just said that they had to replace the entire sensor assembly. Back then I complained asking them to recheck and replace the other sensors but they wouldn't becuz they were fine... I didnt actually look this problem up until tonight jan 2011 when the sensor went on the leftside.

So the story goes:
Came in tonight.... told me it would cost $733 to fix the sensor issue. Add $200+ for labor and $100 for the initial diagnostic.

Googled and found this thread.... showed them the easy fix and the tsb issued in 2008 (US version). After talking with service manager, technician and service rep we finally found the TSB (CDN version). I told them to fix the problem according to the TSB which matched the error code found during diagnostic. The replaced just the wire sensor (list price $53.30), waved the diagnostic fee and took 10% off labor (after 1hr of complaining with everyone there). Total was about $230 ($180 2hr labor, $50 part)

I wouldve tried cleaning it but the tech had already pulled out the sensor and showed me the wire was damaged (really?). At least i have the latest sensor model (hopefully) which should protect against corrosion/damage to the sensor. So hopefully I wont have to worry about this or having to clean the original faulty sensor every year.

If it hasn't been posted... for those looking for the TSB (CDN version) the number is:
TSB3027 (issued July 3, 2008 revised on March 19, 2010) - Canadian TSB Version
DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)
C0210 - Rear Speed Sensor RH circuit
C0215 - Rear Speed Sensor LH Circuit

Sorry I didnt get a chance to read the entire thread but I skim through enough of it to help me get the right part replaced at a reasonable price rather than their initial costs of $700-900

Hope that helps.

The service manager also said he'd follow up with Toyota. What they call a good will claim... case determined by toyota canada.

Sorry for the length of the post... but hopefully some of this info helps someone with the same issue.

Cheers.
polar_white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
invisibleghosts
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris
ABA wiring sensor replaced

First off let me thank everyone for posting such good information on checking, preventing and replacing in all of the above posts!

I've followed the instructions and have removed both sensors, the first was dirty, but intact, the second....not so lucky.

So I managed to switch out the old, broken, wiring and sensor (I'll call the male end) but I'm a bit lost on the other side (female) end. I had a few pins that were broken off (tons of sand/salt/snow in Winnipeg) and I'm not sure what part or process to use to replace the "female" side? I wasn't able to find anything mentioned in the previous posts on a DIY...any advice?

I've been taking photos as I've gone along and I hope to post them all once I've completely finished to help others. I'll admit I'm not very handy, but I'd rather not pay the dealership for a job that I can do myself!
invisibleghosts is offline   Reply With Quote