Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #37
MidnightQueen

Drives: 04 Yaris Sol
That shifter is pretty classy! Hope i can order one from Ireland. Thanks Sav. :)
MidnightQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #38
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
^ No problem.

You should be able to find it from a Toyota EU dealer. I don't know if the parts numbers match, but if you have a hard time finding one, let me know. If I can't, somebody here in the states should be able to get a hold of one for you. They aren't exactly rare as every manual xB and Matrix has them.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
MidnightQueen

I tried my dealer here and they said it would cost over €70 to send to ireland. Most of that is tax. Any ideas?

Last edited by MidnightQueen; 02-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #40
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Oh wow. That's almost $94, or almost $60 in tax and shipping versus what I paid. I'm going by the dealer on Monday actually to pick up some other things. I'll see if I can get a price quote from them but I don't imagine it's strayed too far from what I and others in this thread have paid.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #41
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Even if you buy one here, and send it to him, it's still possible that he will have to pay additional VAT or import duty. The USPS has some rather vague and bureaucratic information about the UK and Northern Ireland postal policy. The list of prohibited and restricted items for Ireland is much sillier, but doesn't really specify anything about gifts.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #42
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i know you guys got a good convo going on here but i wanted to post this one up. i just got it i really like it (i know its a/t and u guys were talking about m/t but still, thought people might want to see it here)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trdshift.jpg (176.6 KB, 60 views)
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #43
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
nothing against you personally. I've noticed that it's pretty common on this forum in general. I was having a bad afternoon and decided to vent.
you would have hated some of the old boards i use to troll. Have you ever seen one post take up an entire page because it has 50 or more quotations in it?

Hysterically funny to do.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
ya know what would be sick a wooden one i think sailman should make them haha i think he has a wooden ring or something as a spacer on the shifter or i saw a picture of that
"Sailman?" Why, I oughta.....

Yup - I have one of Garm's black delrin shifter-knobs,. and had to make a spacer since the 07 and 09 shafts are different...

Wouldn't take much to "slim down" a delrin knob, and turn a woodie to glue over it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shift knob spacer.jpg (41.9 KB, 56 views)
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #45
MidnightQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
Oh wow. That's almost $94, or almost $60 in tax and shipping versus what I paid. I'm going by the dealer on Monday actually to pick up some other things. I'll see if I can get a price quote from them but I don't imagine it's strayed too far from what I and others in this thread have paid.

-C
True, its crazy money just to ship it over, stupid government rules. Thanks will be interesting to see what price they give you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Even if you buy one here, and send it to him, it's still possible that he will have to pay additional VAT or import duty. The USPS has some rather vague and bureaucratic information about the UK and Northern Ireland postal policy. The list of prohibited and restricted items for Ireland is much sillier, but doesn't really specify anything about gifts.
My other option was to root for one from a scrapyard somewhere. Even ebay has crazy prices up for the knob.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #46
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
"Sailman?" Why, I oughta.....

Yup - I have one of Garm's black delrin shifter-knobs,. and had to make a spacer since the 07 and 09 shafts are different...

Wouldn't take much to "slim down" a delrin knob, and turn a woodie to glue over it.
aww man i didnt mean anything by it haha
i love that wood and always will
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #47
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
aww man i didnt mean anything by it haha
i love that wood and always will
Not totally sure how I feel about someone called Matthew loving my wood...
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote