Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
yarisgirl
I've made a post!
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 1
Arrow From a Jeep to a Yaris

I rode around in at 14mpg car. I have had many cars in my short life as a driver. I grew up with a ford van due to my mothers disability, then I had a plymoth horizon. After that it was my choice as a nanny to use either a 15 seat van, suburbon, or a ford explorer. I loved the Explorer when I had just the little ones with me. I then met my husband and he owned a Jeep Wrangler. 14 mpg on a good day, only going downhill in san fransisco. Now I own a Yaris. A cute compact car with lots of potential.

First it smiles at me when I walk up to it. Second I get noticed driving down the street. Third, no one on my block or for that matter in my town owns one yet.
4th with all the money saved on gas I can go on a cruise and afford payments and insurance.

Cute factor, this car outside sits higher then most cars of its class, it has a smile on all of the time, and it is earth friendly.
MY yaris has all of 200 miles on it. and I already know I am going to be doing some slight mods to it when the parts get on the market.

Ok so finished rambling enjoy your day. I am going to take my Yaris out for a drive.

Yaris Girl
yarisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
dandj
 
Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: micigan us
Posts: 60
I don't fell dorky at all for loving my Yaris other than it's a little different (center cluster, hiding little aux glovebox, cupholder location,) all of which I think are very cool. The style of this thing I believe really rocks, and all the intrest it attracts. At 38+ mpg I just tell people it's my four wheel covered motorcycle.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
YotaYarisUSA
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western North Carolina,USA
Posts: 62
I think the Yaris is the greatest little car of all time!!! Its sweet looking, looks like a little Camry, I'm not much on the liftback,but thats what the Sedan is 4 :) And the other way around,if you are a liftback fan then they have the perfect Yaris 4 you:)

The little car is awesome,and its not really that little, and it just happens, to be best car on the road today,the best car Toyota has ever made


I say we race the Yaris in Nascar

We are not worthy of the Yaris


Happy Yaris Hunting!!!

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!
 
Yaris Revenge's Avatar
 
Drives: Lagann. ;P
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: My own little world.
Posts: 717
OOOohhhh....man. I heard on the radio that the Beetle got really bad crash test results. Make sure she drives defensively!

~YR
__________________
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Yaris Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
Dweeb
 
Dweeb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris RS Hatch
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 31
cup-holders, cup-holder, cup-holders.... that's what my wife was sold on
__________________
2010 Yaris RS, Manual, 5 Door, Hatch, Grey Metallic
Dweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:28 AM   #6
ElViShGiBbErIsH
 
Drives: Ducati Monster 750Dark
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kinston, NC
Posts: 13
Quote:
OOOohhhh....man. I heard on the radio that the Beetle got really bad crash test results. Make sure she drives defensively!
I hope this isn't so.. my wife was really concerned about the crash safety of the beetle.

Quote:
What's with all the foul language???

~YR

BTW, Mord Sith rule! My Vibe's name is "Cara".
ahhhh... the foul language... gotta love it... lol

Mordisth really do rule but are you sure the Vibe is worthy of the name Cara ?
(unless of course the Vibe is red in colour )
ElViShGiBbErIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
markpeppie
 
Drives: yaris 2007aero
Join Date: May 2006
Location: montreal
Posts: 22
not 2 sound like a dick, but i went from a full leather interior accord 2 a fully equipped yaris sedan and i think it its just the best!!! my folks have a 350 lexus suv and a fully loaded crv of the year and would take my yaris over both of them!!! your wife is obviously more into what people think of what she is driving then being happy with things....you should never let your wife dictate what car you drive!!! unless she is paying for it,,,thanks for listening guys
markpeppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:11 AM   #8
Greg66
New Guy
 
Greg66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris 2dr hatch
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12
Women

Women ... gotta love 'em

Last edited by Greg66; 10-26-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Greg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
foober
 
Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: kalispell, montana
Posts: 351
There are two main reasons I picked the yaris. The 40 miles to the gallon was a big one. But the car's reliability and how well its built was number #2. I read that the echo was actually the best built car in the last 10 years. The most relible. Less repairs ect.. . Considering the yaris is just about the same car except with a few changes I thought that a big plus. I was pleasantly suprised at the looks. Its a pretty cute looking car.

After driving it for the first week I'd buy my yaris all over again over any other car. To me its the most practicaly built car to date. And thats what I wanted. The most user freindly practical car in the world. Thats my yaris.

Last edited by foober; 06-03-2006 at 04:29 PM.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #10
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg66
Women don't know SHIT about cars

Why don't you watch what you say Greg66
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg66
Women don't know SHIT about cars
ROFl, not a good way to introduce yourself to the board.

I bet she'd disagree.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
ricko
 
ricko's Avatar
 
Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
I'll bet she would too. Too bad she drives a Honda. Hahahahaha!
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #13
Buckethead
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Ok.. So I am infatuated with the new Yaris, Particularly with the TRD 18" wheels and lowering kit but my wife thinks the Yaris is basically a Dorky little ride. I am trying my best to persuade her but 40mpg only goes so far.. Some smart 1 liners about why the Yaris is great would be appreciated

Now that my wife is sharing her TRUE feelings on the Yaris I am also wondering if anyone else felt a tad bit GEEKY for liking the Yaris? I mean even a little ? ?


Get a new wife!

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
Yaris Dick
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 06 VW GTI, 06 G6
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 61
Join the club. I get it from my wife, my ex wife, my kids, my step kids, my neighbors, Hell....even my dogs won't ride in it. Just kidding.... about the dogs anyway.
Yaris Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #15
ceres
Club Baby Seals
 
ceres's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 206
Well, I'm getting my Yaris on Thursday. And when I first heard the name of the car, I immediately thought of pirates which made me love it even more. So I would say I'm a dork but I'm a female dork. Yarrrr! I was joking with my boyfriend that I was going to take off the "is" part of the emblem. Then all I need would be a bumper sticker that says "My other car's a ninja."
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #16
DonnyRebel
1st Time Toyota Owner
 
DonnyRebel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Meteorite Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Suburban Chicago
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Ok....my wife thinks the Yaris is basically a Dorky little ride. Now that my wife is sharing her TRUE feelings on the Yaris I am also wondering if anyone else felt a tad bit GEEKY for liking the Yaris? I mean even a little ? ?
Fortunately, my wife thinks it's "cute"...but don't feel too bad though....my daughters call mine the "clown car", which instantly "stuck".

I've always owned Corvettes and Cadillacs and I currently have an '04 SSR, so I kinda know what you mean by feelin a little geeky, but hey, let em say what they want. If you were a young single guy, I don't think you'd impress too many women with your Yaris but being a married guy, it almost shows good sense (as long as you've got something classy to take out the missus with on Saturday night).

Just my $.02
DonnyRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #17
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyRebel
Fortunately, my wife thinks it's "cute"...but don't feel too bad though....my daughters call mine the "clown car", which instantly "stuck".
LOL Ive had my friends in TO call my car that too... hehehe
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:45 AM   #18
yaris30
 
Drives: 2002 toyota yaris
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: offaly Ireland
Posts: 17
then your wife is one..lol
yaris30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
Power-to-Weight Ratios of Yaris, Fit, Mini, etc. Idjiit Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 6 10-06-2017 05:10 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.