Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #37
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
An unarmed society is a bunch of sheeple.

I'm female and armed with a Glock 9mm.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #38
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaBird View Post
Way more went on with our neighbors during the holiday, there was aggression towards my mother over parking by a teenage daughter of another ethnicity and much more.
Wow. Sounds as though the teenage daughter is too far gone down a similar path. Good luck .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #39
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
there was aggression towards my mother over parking by a teenage daughter of another ethnicity and much more.
What? She was from Montreal?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #40
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
What would they do if you just got nasty with them? You can say things to people that aren't necessarily threats, but that will make them seriously reconsider screwing with you.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #41
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
You can say things to people that aren't necessarily threats
In the United States (at least for now ).....But I wouldn't be too sure in Canada :

http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/th...ted-in-canada/

The first commenter despises Ann Coulter's politics, etc., but thinks she should be allowed to say anything she wants to say to the Canadian audience. He/she (the first commenter) doesn't seem too fond of Canadian politicians either.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #42
nookandcrannycar

^^^^^ I also wonder if the wording of particular laws in Canada re speech might be why the OP mentioned that the daughter is of a different ethnicity.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #43
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Manners? In San Francisco? (JMO, but I am a 5th generation Bay Area native).
LOL. Reminds me of when we went to visit an uncle in San Francisco back in the 70s. He kept bumping into the cars in front and behind when parallel parking on the street. My dad started to panic but my uncle just laughed and said, "Don't worry, everybody does it."
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #44
The Limo 2

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Please google "Hate speech laws in Canada", read through and then make your own decision.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:49 AM   #45
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limo 2 View Post
Please google "Hate speech laws in Canada", read through and then make your own decision.
Roy
I don't use Google (1. IMO, Eric Schmidt's statement "If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, then maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place" to Maria Bartiromo on CNBC is THE MOST ARROGANT statement ever uttered in the U.S. by the CEO of a publicly traded company...and...2. I don't want to utilize a service provided by a company that is so Orwellian that they store EVERY search EVER performed when there are alternatives that are at the other end of the spectrum). I did, however, do the search you mentioned on DuckDuckGo (which has seen a HUGE increase in traffic since Snowden's revelations...I started using it LONG before that) and read some of the hits. Almost all of the people I've encountered in Canada have been extremely nice people and your country is breathtakingly beautiful, but If I had to live (reside in rather than visit) under these laws your Supreme Court upheld in 2013 I think I would scream (and I think many very patriotic Americans would agree with me). I think this is feelings centered leftism run amok. Cameron, Sarkozy, Merkel, Aznar, and Howard have all, probably reluctantly, expressed the sentiment that Multiculturalism does not work. I think Houston is an example where assimilation seems to be more prevalent than other places I've been in the United States, and yet the flavor and wonderful authenticity of each community doesn't seem to be compromised. Houston also, fairly recently, became the most ethnically diverse metro area in the U.S. (passing New York and the S.F. Bay Area), which I think is fantastic. I also, of course, respect that this (hate speech policy as codified) is the course that Canadian citizens choose and support. If the U.S. Code ever changes to reflect a similar policy, I'd be motivated to attempt to find another country to live in (I may do that anyway if "Mrs. What difference, at this point, does it make?" gets elected POTUS in 2016).

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 01-17-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: changed "Mrs. What difference does it make at this point?" to "Mrs. What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #46
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Mostly you live around people but you don't really care to know them. I pay for my space which I rent out, and what I pay for is mine, that's all there is to it :) And with that I deserve my privacy and human respect, don't say hello, but respect my space. If I want to let you in, communication and body language will clearly demonstrate that, which goes for anyone.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #47
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Mostly you live around people but you don't really care to know them. I pay for my space which I rent out, and what I pay for is mine, that's all there is to it :) And with that I deserve my privacy and human respect, don't say hello, but respect my space. If I want to let you in, communication and body language will clearly demonstrate that, which goes for anyone.

Your words above are especially important re achieving a peaceful baseline among the residents of an apartment complex.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #48
The Limo 2

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Hi nookandcrannycar
Glad to hear that you viewed the law on hate in Canada and made an informed decision on where or where not you would like to live.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #49
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limo 2 View Post
Hi nookandcrannycar
Glad to hear that you viewed the law on hate in Canada and made an informed decision on where or where not you would like to live.
Roy
At least you understand that I respect the right of Canadians to have their country arranged as they wish, just as we in the United States have that same right.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #50
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristeve View Post
LOL. Reminds me of when we went to visit an uncle in San Francisco back in the 70s. He kept bumping into the cars in front and behind when parallel parking on the street. My dad started to panic but my uncle just laughed and said, "Don't worry, everybody does it."
. One day in the 1990s (can't remember which year) my girlfriend and I were at a red light in San Francisco at a T intersection waiting for the VERY LONG light to change. Directly in front of us was (IIRC re type of car) a new SUV parked with the person doing what you mention in your post. He was also, obviously drunk and was damaging the other two cars quite a bit. The light changed right as he finally got out of the space. We started following him and my girlfriend attempted to contact the police. He knew we were following him and sped up (breaking the law again) so we gave up. Perhaps even more appalling than what happened with the two other cars, and what may have happened after we gave up, was the yawning indifference of SFPD re the phone call .
Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #51
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Hate speech laws :|

F that.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #52
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Would it be wrong of you to take the high road, clean the area to make parking a non - issue, confront the neighbors cordially and politely, explain police interactions could occur and that you've installed "surveillance for their safety and yours" , and finally, ask them to be civil as you're willing to be civil with them?
I'm noticing a pattern......
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #53
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
The tenant who is causing the problems; is a teenage daughter who is not a permanent residence.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #54
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
I live around neighbors that I don't trust. Is there anything that can be done to prevent my car from getting keyed ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Consuela1.jpg (17.1 KB, 13 views)
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote