Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
FS: Engine & MT - $300

Selling the engine and manual transmission out of my car. The motor is currently still in the car and has not been pulled yet. The reason I'm selling it for so cheap is as follows, it needs a new clutch, there is a small oil leak from the driver side half shaft seal, and first grinds occasionally and third grinds occasionally when shifting at high rpm.
The reason I'm replacing the drive train is that this is out of my racecar and I am replacing it with a motor that produces slightly more power.

Engine has 12~k doesn't burn oil, or smoke. Will provide a video shortly of the car running to prove that the engine doesn't knock or make noise. Motor has been run with only synthetic since 36k miles, all oil changes were done at 6k mile intervals.
Transmission is from a junkyard not sure on mileage, it works but as noted above it grands when shifting into 1st and occasionally grinds when shifting into 3rd at high rpms, along with a small oil leak from the driver side axle seal.
The motor will need a new clutch, the current clutch doesn't slip but grabs really really high so I'm assuming its on its way out.

I'm located in SoCal and shipping would be prohibitively expensive.

As promised here is a video of the engine running. The rattle in the video is from the exhaust hanger.

Engine running

Last edited by xnamerxx; 02-19-2014 at 09:32 PM.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Damn, this would be a great core for a forged internals build. Could you at least humor us with a freight quote in the US?

Edit* Disregard, just played with some numbers on FedEx. Ouch.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
UGHAAAAAAAA... why you live on west coast.. WHY FOOL WHY!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Awesome core for a build. Interested.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Awesome core for a build. Interested.
oh cool, since Garm sold his Yaris he want to start building engines for people, awesome, when are specs going to be posted....
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Updated with video of the running engine.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Motor is out of the car. Minus the header and belt, basically everything in the picture.