Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #19
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Both cars look great. I have to detail mine soon.
nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #20
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
i'm washing my car once a week, sometime twice a week, i'll wash it again after the rain, because i don't want no acid rains stick in my car.

Is it ok if i wax it every month? is it gonna kill my cleat coat?
I can't stand to see my car dirty and not shining.
washing your car frequently is the BEST way to maintain your car's paint, so you're doing a good job there! just use microfibers so you dont scratch her up. if you want to wax it every month, you may want to remove the residual wax before applying another layer or before claying/paint cleaning. this is where dishwashing soap comes into play. dish soap actually cleans off the wax (they werent joking when they advertise "fights grease"). after using it, your car should be squeaky clean, and ready for any detail-work. if you want to maintain your polish/wax, DONT use dishwashing soap, like our dads and their dads used to do! i still know people who wash their cars with this stuff..old habits die hard!

--B
Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #21
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
washing your car frequently is the BEST way to maintain your car's paint, so you're doing a good job there! just use microfibers so you dont scratch her up. if you want to wax it every month, you may want to remove the residual wax before applying another layer or before claying/paint cleaning. this is where dishwashing soap comes into play. dish soap actually cleans off the wax (they werent joking when they advertise "fights grease"). after using it, your car should be squeaky clean, and ready for any detail-work. if you want to maintain your polish/wax, DONT use dishwashing soap, like our dads and their dads used to do! i still know people who wash their cars with this stuff..old habits die hard!

--B
So is it ok to keep my old wax then wax over it? which is the better way to get the great shiny result?
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #22
static808

Quote:
So is it ok to keep my old wax then wax over it? which is the better way to get the great shiny result?
from my personal experience, waxing over the old wax didnt do any harm, and still gave a brilliant gloss. if you do wax once a month, keep the application layer nice and thin, and it should wear away by the next month. man, i wish i had the time to do what you intend to do. you have a very lucky car my friend...

--B

ps: i apologize if we jacked this thread. i need to use this PM button more often...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #23
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
from my personal experience, waxing over the old wax didnt do any harm, and still gave a brilliant gloss. if you do wax once a month, keep the application layer nice and thin, and it should wear away by the next month. man, i wish i had the time to do what you intend to do. you have a very lucky car my friend...

--B

ps: i apologize if we jacked this thread. i need to use this PM button more often...
hhahha i got off work at 6 and it's still sunshine, got nothing to do so spend sometime on my car. hey you can do it on Sunday.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #24
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
Nice!! I love detailing black cars!!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
static808

Quote:
hhahha i got off work at 6 and it's still sunshine, got nothing to do so spend sometime on my car. hey you can do it on Sunday.
hahaha, being a family man, i pretty much signed over any free time of mine to the wifey and daughter. life is grand, dont get me wrong, but pampering the two women in my life leaves me too exhausted to pamper our "other" babies, at least not as frequently as you do!! happy detailing!!

--B