Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #1
DataGoddess

Drives: 09 Blazing Blue Yaris
09 Head Unit options

I just bought by 09 Yaris and I love it, but my friend sold it to me with this Bluetooth head unit in it that is basically useless and doesn't dim at night which is slightly hazardous. It is so bright I am considering putting the stock radio back in it. I don't see a recent thread about what the best options are for a head unit for an older model Yaris that can do Bluetooth with your phone and accept calls as well as work well in terms of radio signal (the current one goes in and out of service). Also is it too much to ask to have google maps on it? Basically is there an option that just mirrors my phone screen? That would be top notch.
DataGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Wht model is the Headunit. (Ex. Pioneer FX-xxxx)
Most newer Headunits have Dimmers. If not quite possibly it'll let you set the color. I have a Pioneer FH-X700-BT which allows it.

As far as you not being able to catch signal. On the sedans. We have a powered antenna (back window) tht has to be wired into the harness. I'm not sure about hatches.

As far as navigation. I run google maps on my phone and the lady yells directions through my speakers via Bluetooth.

Wht type of phone do you have ?

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote