Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #181
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I want tint, but don't want the hassle from it. I could probably get doctor permission or whatever since I have a pretty rough case of Excema, but it's just not worth getting pulled over for.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #182
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I agree, crazy dark tints up front shouldn't be legal, but I think darker than 70% tint should be legal in Cali. I mean, the thought about banning selling black cars since it makes people use the AC more? Wtf, (good quality) tint helps keep the interior of a car cool.

I agree that cops are necessary, but little things like not that dark of a tint isn't that big of a deal. They let people who drive 75 mph slide, which I think poses more danger to people than not that dark of tints. Also, again, speaking from experience, I don't think cops should talk down on citizens like how BOTH of them did to me.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #183
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Way back in 1984 I got a ticket for window tint. That was the first and last time. I still like tint on the windows, but I keep the fronts clean to avoid the hassle. Problem solved.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #184
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
eww a georgia bulldogs fan...
Damn right. Sic 'em.

You are? I can handle Florida, Auburn or even Georgia Tech. But we are gonna brawl if you bring up the Crimson Tide...

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #185
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I agree, crazy dark tints up front shouldn't be legal, but I think darker than 70% tint should be legal in Cali. I mean, the thought about banning selling black cars since it makes people use the AC more? Wtf, (good quality) tint helps keep the interior of a car cool.

I agree that cops are necessary, but little things like not that dark of a tint isn't that big of a deal. They let people who drive 75 mph slide, which I think poses more danger to people than not that dark of tints. Also, again, speaking from experience, I don't think cops should talk down on citizens like how BOTH of them did to me.
Cops generally ignore speeders when they are going with the flow of traffic However, if you are the lone speeder, you will get pulled over.

The same goes for tints.
It you were to wear a mask in a public place you will draw the attention of the police every time. If your car has a very dark mask (dark tint) on a public road, it will also draw the attention of the police..
It's simple human nature and logic!
People who wear masks generally have something to hide.

Besides, the darker the tint, the less visability you have and this is why there are legal limits.

Last edited by RedRide; 02-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #186
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
Damn right. Sic 'em.

You are? I can handle Florida, Auburn or even Georgia Tech. But we are gonna brawl if you bring up the Crimson Tide...

-C
lols. What about Boise? made y'all look pathetic. I'll always be a gator fan at heart, bu I love what Steve Spurrier is doing with the Gamecocks. Means there is two games I look forward to every saturday.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #187
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
lols. What about Boise? made y'all look pathetic. I'll always be a gator fan at heart, bu I love what Steve Spurrier is doing with the Gamecocks. Means there is two games I look forward to every saturday.
Boise did make us look bad. I was there at that game. It was DEAFENING in the first quarter when Boykin ran that 82 yard end-around. And then Kellen Moore did what he does best: make a secondary look outright silly.

Thankfully, the 0-2 start still ended with SEC-E champion rings, and a rare win over your Gators.

Spurrier is doing awesome things at USC. If Lattimore returns healthy this coming season, they will be scary good on offense. Just hope the D can replace all those departing linebackers.

-C

OP: Sorry for off topic, but football is better than politics.

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #188
Mead

Drives: BSP Yaris LB 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Besides, the darker the tint, the less visability you have and this is why there are legal limits.
yep in a perfect world we could tint the windshield but in LA I share the road with serial killers, child molesters and ... seeing who's next to me is kinda important
Mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #189
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Cops generally ignore speeders when they are going with the flow of traffic However, if you are the lone speeder, you will get pulled over.

The same goes for tints.
It you were to wear a mask in a public place you will draw the attention of the police every time. If your car has a very dark mask (dark tint) on a public road, it will also draw the attention of the police..
It's simple human nature and logic!
People who wear masks generally have something to hide.

Odd since most cars I see while driving on the freeway had darker tints that I did at the time, I guess they singled me out because I was driving slower than the speed limit! Facking bullshiznits.

I also understand the legal limits, but come on, it gets to be over 100 degrees out here in Cali. 70% just isn't going to cut it.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #190
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Damn right. Sic 'em.

-C
UK ALL THE WAY BITCHES LOL
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #191
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
So did you enjoy that first win over the Vols in 25 years?

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #192
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
I run 50% on my front drivers and passengers side windows. When I went for my yearly inspection, I was told that as long as they could still see in, they'd inspect it, which, technically, you could still see in.

I was also told that for the most part, something like window tint (especially at only 50%) is almost like a secondary ticket. In order words, if I were to get caught for speeding, they would probably check the tint as well. As long as I'm not driving like an asshole and looking to get pulled over, I'd be ok. I've driven by the local police station plenty of times while they're waiting to pull out of the parking lot, and they never even gave me a second look.

-Matt
Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #193
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Boise did make us look bad. I was there at that game. It was DEAFENING in the first quarter when Boykin ran that 82 yard end-around. And then Kellen Moore did what he does best: make a secondary look outright silly.

Thankfully, the 0-2 start still ended with SEC-E champion rings, and a rare win over your Gators.

Spurrier is doing awesome things at USC. If Lattimore returns healthy this coming season, they will be scary good on offense. Just hope the D can replace all those departing linebackers.

-C

OP: Sorry for off topic, but football is better than politics.
Spurrier has always had a knack of finding the best D coordinator possible for his teams. The list of people that have been his d coaches is rather amazing.

The gators are in trouble, that jackass Urban Meyer left them with no talent. Winning two championships is great, but what he did to them at the end if cowardice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Rooting for UK now is a little like rooting for the Patriots from the 60's to 2000. I feel for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #194
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrym28 View Post
I run 50% on my front drivers and passengers side windows. When I went for my yearly inspection, I was told that as long as they could still see in, they'd inspect it, which, technically, you could still see in.

I was also told that for the most part, something like window tint (especially at only 50%) is almost like a secondary ticket. In order words, if I were to get caught for speeding, they would probably check the tint as well. As long as I'm not driving like an asshole and looking to get pulled over, I'd be ok. I've driven by the local police station plenty of times while they're waiting to pull out of the parking lot, and they never even gave me a second look.

-Matt
I have to agree with that for the most part.
Having had a close friend and also a close familiy member who were both cops in the past.....
They both said that unless a motorist does something dumb like speeding past them etc , they will ignore most minor things they see.

In other words, if you "dare" a cop to stop you by willfully doing something stupid, you will get stoped.
"Stupid" dark tints "dare" a cop to stop you.

BTW both also told me that monthly ticket quotas are very true for many police departments.
There is a reason for the quotas. Fine money it fugured into the bugets and when they do not have enough close to a moth's end, they wiil stop you for most anything!

Last edited by RedRide; 02-26-2012 at 06:52 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #195
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
Spurrier has always had a knack of finding the best D coordinator possible for his teams. The list of people that have been his d coaches is rather amazing.

The gators are in trouble, that jackass Urban Meyer left them with no talent. Winning two championships is great, but what he did to them at the end if cowardice.

Rooting for UK now is a little like rooting for the Patriots from the 60's to 2000. I feel for you.
Famous Kentucky football quote: Yeah?! Just wait til basketball season! lol

I knew Meyer was a flake. He brought a masterful execution of the spread to the SEC and a once in a generation player like Tebow certainly made the most of it. After Tebow left, it was clear that there needed to be some changes of how to execute the spread, as it was taking three quarterbacks to do what one was previously capable of. I do think it was cowardly how he backed out and "retired" twice when the going got tough. An 8-5 season like the Gators had in 2010 was hardly dreadful and worth retiring over, only to end up in Columbus like we all knew he would. :/

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #196
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
I resolved my ticket for anyone interested in knowing the outcome and cost.

The full fine for the ticket was $208, but only $25 if I got the tint removed which is what I did. Just an FYI for those in CA, take your car to a CHP station to get the proof of correction certified because they don't charge you. If you take your car to a regular police department, they will charge you for certifying the proof of correction on top of the $25 you have to pay to the court.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #197
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
I resolved my ticket for anyone interested in knowing the outcome and cost.

The full fine for the ticket was $208, but only $25 if I got the tint removed which is what I did. Just an FYI for those in CA, take your car to a CHP station to get the proof of correction certified because they don't charge you. If you take your car to a regular police department, they will charge you for certifying the proof of correction on top of the $25 you have to pay to the court.
What crooks.They make you think you're getting a deal by removing it when in actuality it probably would have cost more than 208 to remove it and have it certified had you not gone to CHP.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #198
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
I had to remove tint from front doors,I just couldn't see at night.
I will install a lighter tint though.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote