Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #1963
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
The G is made for a realistic every day driving situation.
I like!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #1964
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Thanks I'll put an order for the caps, do you know any web-stores? suggestions?

Exotic materials... mmm all baffles instead of using MDF (L6's, Mids, and Tweeters) Also would like to make a custom grill made of an exotic material for the L6's with the HAT logo. I asked Scott B. if that was ok, he sent me a file with the official logo that I can use.

D.

027-440

DAYTON AUDIO DMPC-30 30UF 250V POLYPROPYLENE CAPACITOR


$8.95 ea

$17.90



027-450

DAYTON AUDIO DFFC-0.01 0.01UF 400V BY-PASS CAPACITOR


$0.74 ea

$1.48

I bought them from Partsexpress. Easy and cheap order.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #1965
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Some things I've been thinking about it...

Some time ago I fell in love with Time Alignment,
lately I'm drooling Left & Right EQ.

My Midbass love the Subwoofer they compliment each other.

My Mids sound so insignificant... though that's where all the magic happens!

Windshield, screws me up with hundreds of reflections.

Some extra Power from amps make every thing happen.

Deadening and Blocking road/engine noise pays off for a confi. ride

I still tend to tune for the road... isn't that awkward but at the same time makes sense for a long commuter.

A big help for my ears and body to understand how a track should sound like..
Reference! I got my kids a set of drums, now I know how it should sound! We got a big old Piano, and I'm trying to listen to live music as much as I can.

And something I don't do any more... speak on my cell phone without speaker mode, I'm try to avoid the phone over one ear at a time. Sounds stupid but keeps my ears balanced.

Also I'm trying to stay away from earphones! the feeling of the center image going through my head is not what I want/like.

Avoid LOUD music or noise for a long extended period of time.

A song becomes a Good a song when it's well recorded no matter what song is it.

Talking about songs, the other day I was struggling to get the big bass drum
to be right on the center of the stage,
until I watched the video from youtube
on my phone and playing a very well recorded track at the same time, guess
what! I found out the big bass drum IS slightly to the right.

- Now every thing makes sense!






D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #1966
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The only reason I use headphones is to get an idea of tonality.

I'll echo the song to good song thought regarding the recording process.

Extra power makes the difference...now you know why I'm doing what I am with my surfboard amplifiers.

What's wrong with the windshield? :) I relish in reflections! For some reason in my setup it just doesn't sound right unless I'm off axis. It's a phase thing for me.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #1967
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
The only reason I use headphones is to get an idea of tonality.

I'll echo the song to good song thought regarding the recording process.

Extra power makes the difference...now you know why I'm doing what I am with my surfboard amplifiers.

What's wrong with the windshield? :) I relish in reflections! For some reason in my setup it just doesn't sound right unless I'm off axis. It's a phase thing for me.
Agree! Tonality is a big factor and hard to accomplish, good call.

Power? YES more power please, it's not about how LOUD is going to be, it's like a car on the highway! if you want to pass a car you don't need to shift down if you have the Torque and HP. My 2 examples... 1st with MidBass I started with 60watts then 100watts but when I end up with 175watts they just play beautiful.

2nd The SubWoofer... I started with 250watts, it was ok and impressive, but when feeding the i6SW with 400watts it just came a live! I completely forgot it's just a 6.5 inch driver.

Tweeters and reflections... Comparing the Mids with Tweeters the Mids was way much easier to center the image, but with the tweeters I could tell that reflections where doing funny stuff with the center image and width of the stage. In one of the methods I used with the Tweeters, where I turn the volume way down and change the x-over point to 800hz because at 2kHz and above, our ears use amplitude not phase and time to determine location. So to hear the movement, I needed a lower x-over point.

Don't ask me where or how I got to this point but reading and searching I found this method very interesting and I gave it a try, and as I was doing it I noticed the difference of movement compared to the Mids. But for any install I bet it's a challenge to control and be successful at the same time.

But Yes I guess at some point we are using reflections in our favor.

BTW,,,, after work my little Yaris was compared to a brand new C350, details later...





D.

.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #1968
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
If I ever sell my amps, I'll give you have the first look. :) Want POWER? I've got it in spades.

I hear you on the sub. It's funny for me. I've moved from an awesome 15" in my ML3800 to a dinky (relative to the ML) 8" ID. The thing is, for what I'm doing, the smaller and tighter enclosure in the cabin loaded off the floor seems to be magic for me. I've got a plan for a rear console setup later this year to plug in the ID8 and then eventually the Legatia 13 to downfire onto the floor.

That loading is a FUN. I should really send you a copy of mine so you can plug it in and listen. The other nice thing is that it can be used in home audio applications as well.

We should trade enclosures for a month just to experience what each other is hearing.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #1969
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
The DIYMA meet was great!
I help my friends tuning and giving them ideas to how to improve their systems, of course the little Yaris was a success.

The guy with the white GTI went back home with a big smile on his face, after I did some magic tuning his system
(I just moved his x-over points, centering his image with T/A, leveled the gains and re-aim tweeters). And still he has a lot of room for improvements!

How was the Autocross and CTScott's meet?



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #1970
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post

BTW,,,, after work my little Yaris was compared to a brand new C350, details later...

D.
.
The owner of the C350 sent me a text message..."could we switch cars for a day or two?"

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #1971
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
Thats a treat,lol He want to drive the Yaris over his Mercedes because of the sound system. Yeah and it gets 40mpg sucka! Booya! (And IMO better lookin in that Photo)
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #1972
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Derick...we need to get you into competition.

Wish you were here man!





Terrible gas mileage but I still want a go in this:





__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #1973
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
We should trade enclosures for a month just to experience what each other is hearing.

Any time! just let me know!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Derick...we need to get you into competition.

Wish you were here man!

Congratulations! Yeah me too.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #1974
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Thats a treat,lol He want to drive the Yaris over his Mercedes because of the sound system. Yeah and it gets 40mpg sucka! Booya! (And IMO better lookin in that Photo)
I know, but...

Like when I was driving the M-C350 with my wife on the passenger side...

Me: I get 40 MPG, my Yaris is as quiet, my sound system is 10 times better... and bla bla bla....

then...

My Wife: yes but it's not a Mercedes Benz !!!




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #1975
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
This comes from one of the DIYMA members who was at the meet! he had a great center image but it was a little narrow and too close to the listeners!

" I was impressed with the depth of your stage it seemed to extend out beyond the windshield.
I've been scratching my head trying to think about how I will fix my new problem of having the stage on the dash and not on the front bumper like yours."


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #1976
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
The new 2013 SLS AMG GT .... Looks like they know our secretes and what I see... Mid/bass in the kick area, Mids un in the doors and tweeter next to a-pillars... AMG Front Stage?

Enjoy!








D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #1977
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm not too worried. You're also paying how much for the car?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #1978
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm not too worried. You're also paying how much for the car?
I don't worry I'm happy!

I think it's around $200,000.00
I'm sure we can make our Yaris sound better!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #1979
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
What would be your ideal vehicle for SQ audio and commuter car?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #1980
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Come on man...the Yaris I have now.

I keep my ideas of cars purpose specific for the most part. I have a drive to build my own car one of these days. I'm also a fan of road course racing. How to combine the two AND make it street legal? Ultimate GTR. Thank you very much. Give me a small block Chevy and a sequential gearbox and I'm set... For $60k. 200+ MPH AND affordable? Sahweet!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.