Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Define Nominal please.
whatever you feel my time is worth to you.

you want to pay me $5 bucks. ok

you want to pay me $200 bucks ok

whatever YOU think is FAIR

must say though, Karma's a bitch
Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
24 pack of beer and nuts. LOL. No clue, that's what people in my local forum charge for suspension install.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:44 AM   #3
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
24 pack of beer and nuts. LOL. No clue, that's what people in my local forum charge for suspension install.
well i dont really drink much, figure that a professional charges about $60-75 an hour even 50% of that works.....

i'd take cash, lexus parts, tires, gas cards, game console, im really not that hard to please..... just keep the offers clean please

i'm not trying to make a arm and leg off someone...just help get someone going...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
Return of the Yarii

Drives: 2007 Sedan S
Honestly, it comes through loud and clear that Evan isnt a salesman, my advice to him would be to stay in school until he actually learns to deal with people that do not need his product. I've watched this thread for 12+ pages now and only a handful of actual member questions have been answered and Evan's terrible attitude is amazing.

I pity the person who actually steps up and shells out 3700 to this guy, cant all you see if this is how you're being treated BEFORE the sale can you only imagine how you will be treated if there is an issue AFTER the sale? Sheesh....

Certain mods may claim to leave poor Evan alone yet ban and criticize others for the same exact behavior that this vendor is exhibiting. If your going to hold members to a certain standard then EVERYONE should be held to that same standard.

Last edited by Return of the Yarii; 01-29-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
and like so many yarisworld threads, this one is cut down by bickering and name calling...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I just went through this thread again, so if I can add my own 2 cents, I hope you'll all pay attention.

Personally I can understand Evan's position, it's not always easy to handle a public forum like this when you are hoping to sell something, and at first he's been more than accommodating:

reduced shipping prices for Hawaii & alaska
possibility of a GB with a minimum of 5 buyers
proposed an alternative for payment plans (Credit card or Paypal)
offered to give a hand with the install of the first unit
explained why those guys who bought the kits before Rotrex approval are not eligible for a warranty (as far as I remember this was quite clear at the time too)
Explained that the kit already had a successful history, albeit in Japan so far

On the other hand, I have to agree with several other members that there are too many "maybes" in this kit. As mentioned, we still have very little knowledge of the small differences between USDM and JDM models. Those first people who bought the Blitz kits took quite some time to figure it out, heck echo_hrs still does not have his running smoothly last we heard from him. I think it would be ideal if PE and Evan could look into this and see how they can improve on that experience too. After all, most of us here are not master mechanics, yet are willing to learn and do the wrenching themselves.

So... is it a lot of money for 50HP? $75 per hp is pretty reasonable. 50HP might not sound like a lot but that's half of the stock power rating... Heck those guys with the Blitz kits are "only" doing about 130whp but it's already a sensible difference. But, this topic has already been beaten to death.

So, Evan, my advice:
If you want to sell things to end users, listen to their needs... Sure, some might ask for too much, but most people here just want to make an informed decision, nobody likes to fly blind into a multi-thousand dollar purchase. And, the best way to do this is to find someone to work with, document each step of the process, make everything as crystal clear and transparent as it must be. Saying "the kit includes everything you need" is just not good enough, as you won't know that with 100% certainty until you install the kit on a car that is truly representative of your target market.

Case in point, myself, couple years back I did some GBs for some accessories available locally, and as it turned out, even on identical cars, there were a few that just would not fit due to tiny differences, like the side mirror covers, which have a different alignment of clips. Felt like a damn fool about it, and still do.

Also, I've been asked to look into the ECU of our cars here, and the part numbers are totally different, even between cars of the same model year with the same manual transmissions. It's small differences like this that can kill the ease of installation, so we all just want to avoid this potential problem.

If you're unable to comprehend this, then don't be surprised that people react unfavorably. And, lashing back at people in this kind of situation is highly unprofessional.

So, if there is someone really serious about this, who wants to be the pioneer (sounds better than guinea pig) for this specific kit as officially sold by PE USA, please contact Evan, take him up on his offer to do the install, and let us know how it goes. Until then, I am going to close this thread, please start a new one once you have answers to the reasonable questions.

You have an amazing opportunity here to be really in touch with this community's wants and needs. Heck if you need any inspiration go look at how Jackson Racing handles the sale of similar kits on fitfreak.net, they are there each step of the way. If you can reach this level of service, you're golden.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I just got a little chat with Evan.

This will be interesting.

Subscribed.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Is this the ROTREX super charger kit, as seen on the Power Enterprises website?

At this point, I am very interested. Very VERY interested if you throw in an intercooler for future increases of boost. :D
Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris T-Sport View Post
Very nice kit and option from Japan, it would be great and a lot helpful if there's a test fitted stock YARIS with this kit to provide photo, video, dyno results (with video not just a graph), daily driving reliability and personal experiences to back up the HP claim and will really help selling this kit.
As mention before this is a "newly" released kit, therefore there are no current owners of this kit here in the US...and as was mentioned before there seems to be 2 kit owners that brought the kit over by their own means....

For those of you who talk like this kit was designed and being offered by a brand new company please look in to the history and R&D that both Rotrex and Power Enterprise put into these kits, both companies are not some fly by night company.

We generally DO NOT sell like this to the general public, only dealers. If you feel more comfortable for any reason buying from your local dealer versus us I can arrange that sale as well.

Again, my offer still stands if you are local and need assistance in installation I will offer my help so far this sale is still going on.

Evan
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
As mention before this is a "newly" released kit, therefore there are no current owners of this kit here in the US...and as was mentioned before there seems to be 2 kit owners that brought the kit over by their own means....

For those of you who talk like this kit was designed and being offered by a brand new company please look in to the history and R&D that both Rotrex and Power Enterprise put into these kits, both companies are not some fly by night company.

We generally DO NOT sell like this to the general public, only dealers. If you feel more comfortable for any reason buying from your local dealer versus us I can arrange that sale as well.

Again, my offer still stands if you are local and need assistance in installation I will offer my help so far this sale is still going on.

Evan
I had asked a "real question" and you didn't respond , Does this kit come with ever last nut, bolt , gasket , coupler, clamp , to take apart a stock yaris and install this kit without any trips to the harware store or having to source some random gasket that leave my car down for weeks . For 4k this better be a stright bolt-on affair , btw the install is not a problem bro I just want a complete kit that will fire up and run good the first time .
Old 01-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
I had asked a "real question" and you didn't respond , Does this kit come with ever last nut, bolt , gasket , coupler, clamp , to take apart a stock yaris and install this kit without any trips to the harware store or having to source some random gasket that leave my car down for weeks . For 4k this better be a stright bolt-on affair , btw the install is not a problem bro I just want a complete kit that will fire up and run good the first time .
the kit is complete install from A-Z

your tools, your time, and your knowledge is needed
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
the kit is complete install from A-Z

your tools, your time, and your knowledge is needed

Thanks man , I'll hold you to that if I pick up this kit . Is there any price differnce if I pick up the kit in person???
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
Thanks man , I'll hold you to that if I pick up this kit . Is there any price differnce if I pick up the kit in person???
$3770 out the door, tax applies if you live in CA
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo