Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #235
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Dear KCALB,

If you were to meet up with two other Yaris owners in the DC area, where and when would you meet?

Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed.
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #236
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darb View Post
Dear KCALB,

If you were to meet up with two other Yaris owners in the DC area, where and when would you meet?
lol, the age old question. The week of November 1st is the ideal time, and the ideal place is anywhere food will be served along with the option to upgrade to a leaner piece of female observation and to go options
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #237
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
What does this mean?
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22981
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #238
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
In a nut shell, think of it as an expensive "Debt" CD. But for full clarification....

The U.S. government knew that the costs of World War I would be great, and the question of how to pay for the war was matter of intense debate. The resulting decision was to pay for the war with a balance between higher taxes (see the War Tax Act) and government debt. Traditionally, the government borrowed from other countries, but there were no other countries from which to borrow in 1917: U.S. citizens would have to fully finance the war through both higher taxes and purchases of war bonds.[1]

The Treasury raised funding throughout the war by floating $21.5 billion in 'Liberty bonds.' These bonds were sold at subscription where officials created a coupon price and then sold it at Par value. At this price, subscriptions could be filled in as little as one day, but usually remained open for several weeks, depending on demand for the bond.[1]

After the war, the Liberty Bonds were reaching maturity, but the Treasury was unable to pay each down fully with only limited budget surpluses. The resolution to this problem was to refinance the debt with variable short and medium-term maturities. Again the Treasury issued debt through a fixed-price subscription, where both the coupon and the price of the debt were dictated by the treasury.[1]

The problems with debt issuance became apparent in the late-1920's. The system suffered from chronic oversubscription, where interest rates were so attractive that there were more purchasers of debt than supplied by the government. This indicated that the government was paying too much for debt. As government debt was undervalued, debt purchasers could buy from the government and immediately sell to another market participant at a higher price.[1]

In 1929, the U.S. Treasury shifted from the fixed-price subscription system to a system of auctioning where 'Treasury Bills' would be sold to the highest bidder. Securities were then issued on a pro rata system where securities would be allocated to the highest bidder until their demand was full. If more treasuries were supplied by the government, they would then be allocated to the next highest bidder. This system allowed the market to set the price rather than the government. On December 10, 1929, the Treasury issued its first auction. The result was the issuing of $224 million three-month bills. The highest bid was at 99.310 with the lowest bid accepted at 99.152.[1]

Foreign countries later started to buy U.S. debt as an investment of their surplus U.S. Dollars. Nowadays, China is the primary holder of U.S. bonds. China owns so many U.S. bonds, there is fear that if they stop buying them, the U.S. economy would collapse. The bonds issue further links the U.S. and China economies so tightly that both fear the consequences of a potential slow down in China's purchase of those bonds. In her visit to China, U.S. State Secretary Hillary Clinton called on authorities in Beijing to continue buying U.S. Treasuries, saying it would help jumpstart the flagging U.S. economy and stimulate imports of Chinese goods.[2]
Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #239
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Dear KCALB SIRAY,

I have a 8 month old pug puppy and we got him a 8 week old brother. All they want to do is kill each other. As they cost me $1200 each I'd really prefer they get along with each other than fight to the death. How am I going to solve this dilemma without selling a dog, getting rid of a dog or letting one of them rub the other one out?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #240
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Obedience school?

IDK just a suggestion. KCALB's know best ;)
Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #241
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Obedience school?

IDK just a suggestion. KCALB's know best ;)
One of the dogs has passed puppy pre school and a junior manners class. The other dog is booked in for puppy pre school and starts next wednesday....... if he lives that long

We have them seperated, the new pup is in a cage. But the second you let him out, that's when the fun begins.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #242
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Dear KCALB,
Where will the Bronco's end up in the post season this year?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #243
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Dear KCALB SIRAY,

I have a 8 month old pug puppy and we got him a 8 week old brother. All they want to do is kill each other. As they cost me $1200 each I'd really prefer they get along with each other than fight to the death. How am I going to solve this dilemma without selling a dog, getting rid of a dog or letting one of them rub the other one out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
One of the dogs has passed puppy pre school and a junior manners class. The other dog is booked in for puppy pre school and starts next wednesday....... if he lives that long

We have them seperated, the new pup is in a cage. But the second you let him out, that's when the fun begins.
Good question, Tony. First thing you need to do is bring them into a neutral setting. Get them both out of the house and into a park. Have them both on a leash but make sure your not controlling them both, have your wife handle the other. Its not so much a territory issue, but eliminating that area from them getting use to each other helps a bunch. Do this as often as you can so that they can create a playful bond that will carry back to the house and you should be ok.

Second suggestion would be after you have started the out of the house training. Get yourself a spray bottle from the dollar store that also has the stream option. Or if you have a squirt gun (very low power, no SuperSoaker) this will work as well. Fill it with water obviously, and when they start to engage with each other, give them both a squirt to break them up. The main thing we want to do here is introduce a non violent correction that the two puppies will associate with their behavior as being wrong. BUT, also realize they are puppies and be able to recognize the fighting from playing. if the bite each other, it's not always to hurt the other. Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
Dear KCALB,
Where will the Bronco's end up in the post season this year?
My best educated guess, being a Steelers fan would be they end up with an overall Pct of .844. With a few questionable IR on the lower list, they should be able to pull up a better Pct by the end of the season.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #244
tomato
Super Moderator

Dear KCalb,

Why do vegans say that meat is murder, but often have no problem walking around in leather shoes?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #245
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Dear KCalb,

Why do vegans say that meat is murder, but often have no problem walking around in leather shoes?
I consulted with one of the Vegans in our office, plus a Veggie lover to get a few points of view rather than my own bacon loving self (and those of you who know me know I loooooove bacon).

The Vegan lifestyle is a very hard lifestyle to follow. To exclude every single animal product from ones diet, clothing and so on, would require money, time, and availability of the products needed. So, in short you take the good with the bad so to speak. Most of what I read online in Vegan forums is that anything you can do to help is helping. They do what they can and to the best of there resources and money.

So then comes the counter-question of, "why not eat a cow, a cow is natural?". This is true, but when is a cow unnatural? Do you see where I'm going here?

This was a very good question, and had fun doing the research. I myself am helping the Vegan and Veggie Lifestyle by eating all the cow I can. I figure if they run out, I'll be their hero
Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #246
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Why does it seen that only stupid people are breeding?

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #247
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclo3313 View Post
Why does it seen that only stupid people are breeding?
You're not too far off the truth. Without pulling stats on teens and areas defining low income, race and location, we all know that without the proper control methods, this issue will never go away. I think redefining the term "Stupid" to be "Uninformed" would fit better for the sake of arguement on all sides.

Most would say that we all need a license to reproduce. It's not that bad of an idea, but you can't control someones ability to have intercourse with their partner. It's that whole legal issue of being God and using chains blah blah blah

So truth be told, yes it does seem like the "stupid" "uninformed" ones are the ones "doing it". We need more people raising the issue, fixing the problem starting with education on all levels and all ages. The education shouldn't stop at the level of school completion. It needs to extend into adult life revolving around jobs and the economy too.

Hope that helps
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #248
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Why does it seem that the "Uninformed" and "Incompetent" are the only ones that are shopping at my Home Depot?

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #249
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclo3313 View Post
Why does it seem that the "Uninformed" and "Incompetent" are the only ones that are shopping at my Home Depot?
It's not a question of why, it's a statement of truth

Last edited by KCALB SIRAY; 10-22-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #250
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #251
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
What does this mean?
http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/23/news...ion=2009102320
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #252
tomato
Super Moderator

Not a question exactly

Dear KCalb, do you like jokes?
If you do, I have one for ya.
Hope you like it.
I posted it in MadDog's thread but just in case you miss it ...

Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns "ASK MIKE"

Dear Mike,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbors daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him.

He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore..

Can you please help?

Sincerely,

Sheila

--------

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,
Mike