Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Nexus 1, Droid, or HTC something?
Get the Nexus 1 10 25.00%
Get the Droid 7 17.50%
Wait for the HTC Incredible or Evo 20 50.00%
They're all the same, get the cheapest 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #307
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
... f'ck!!!!!
I just dropped my phone!!!

Thank goodness, the phone doesn't seem to have registered any problem, so far...

That does it I'm ordering a temporary silicon case *immediately*
Still waiting for otterbox and case-mate to come out with their tough cases for the EVO *sigh*

Last edited by tomato; 07-09-2010 at 08:47 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #308
tomato
Super Moderator

Just got my Amzer silicon case in the mail yesterday.

Perfect fit, easy to put on and take off (maybe a little too easy to take off?) but great value for the money. Now I can put my phone down on its back without worrying about scratching the camera lense. Pfeww.

And the silicon is a bit rugged, makes for a better grip. Looks like it's been treated to repel lint. I like it.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #309
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
turn off live wallpapers and see the increase in speed and battery life. thats an option that is completely useless IMO on a phone.
Nonsense! I find my aquarium live wallpaper to be soothing, something to break the monotony of a long day at work :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #310
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
you're French figures.....
You're French, figures, eh.

Aww, come on, you knew I was gonna say that
Old 07-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #311
tomato
Super Moderator

Thomas, consider getting one of these for when you're bored at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFoB2mutDxM

not an Android exactly but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone makes an Android version of the same thing
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #312
tomato
Super Moderator

holy cow, I have found my new phone!!!!!

Woooooooooooot

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/08/08/h...ne+articles%29

a high end Android phone, with a real KB, that works on both CDMA and GSM?!!! I'm in looove
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #313
tomato
Super Moderator

*cough* *cough*
Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #314
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
tomato, any info you've found about japanese input on the Droid phones?
I did some research today and found a few, but most are unstable.

On some websites it says 2.1 version has IME for Chinese, Japanese characters...
Not sure if you've accessed it by any chance on your phone...?

I can get a new phone in less than one month, so it says on my Verizon billing page....so I am debating between Android and iPhone 4 now...

I've got accustomed to inputting japanese letters on the phone im using here, so i would love to keep going with it~

Mucho gracias.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #315
tomato
Super Moderator

Kioshi I didn't find out anything at all, sorry. You may have to take your question to an android forum instead and ask a bilingual Japanese / English speaker

Sorry. I meant well when I'd say I'd look into it, but it's not something i can test since I don't speak Japanese, wouldn't know what to do with the app, how to work with it or whatever. I use the standard Google apps that came with the phone and text in English only, which works OK for me.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #316
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Kioshi I didn't find out anything at all, sorry. You may have to take your question to an android forum instead and ask a bilingual Japanese / English speaker

Sorry. I meant well when I'd say I'd look into it, but it's not something i can test since I don't speak Japanese, wouldn't know what to do with the app, how to work with it or whatever. I use the standard Google apps that came with the phone and text in English only, which works OK for me.
I've already done thorough searches on android forums...of all which people link to threads that seem to go nowhere, other than one app, but doesn't seem to work half the time.

I thought maybe you could look into the regional settings and see if you are able to change the keyboard/text buttons into japanese by any chance...

It be almost like getting feedback from a live person, who lives not too far away from me
Old 08-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #317
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Kioshi, let me try on mine, there is an application called "MoreLocale" that lets you force the phone into different languages (if supported).

Some applications support Japanese (great, now i don't know how to put it back to English), but the stock keyboard remains in ABC.

mind you, if it is like Thai, for the phones that are officially sold here, they have a thai keyboard app bundled.

Trying to find a japanese keyboard app, but all I can find is Japanese girls... There's some programs that seem promising, but as the descriptions are in in japanese, I can't help much

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #318
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Kioshi, let me try on mine, there is an application called "MoreLocale" that lets you force the phone into different languages (if supported).

Some applications support Japanese (great, now i don't know how to put it back to English), but the stock keyboard remains in ABC.

mind you, if it is like Thai, for the phones that are officially sold here, they have a thai keyboard app bundled.

Trying to find a japanese keyboard app, but all I can find is Japanese girls... There's some programs that seem promising, but as the descriptions are in in japanese, I can't help much
I never heard of MoreLocale....I'll have to do research when i come back from Japan...as the internet cafes' here are quite a few mins away from me

Sometimes Japanese girls lead to good things
Are you searching it on your phone or on the computer? If you can provide me the link, i can read the japanese if the reviews for the certain app are good or not.

Thank you so much eTiMago.
I dont think the keyboard layout will be like the phones that are bundled with it in specific regions. I couldn't find the exact layout as how Japanese phones here are bundled with. I became use to this prepaid phone here, so i could adapt to a different layout after a while.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:28 AM   #319
tomato
Super Moderator

PK: Congrats!! and enjoy the little Froyo perks ;) You should find your device functioning faster and more efficiently, among other little goodies.

However, please tell us if you notice anything different in the way Google is pushing email. For some reason I don't get my notifications the way I used to before (checked the settings already, they're the same), but now only my primary account receives notifications in a timely manner, not the second one which I have to manually refresh otherwise nothing comes through. That's a bit annoying.

Also, the Facebook app for Froyo appears to be on steroids, and has taken liberties I don't really approve of. Like it's imported my FB profile and photo into my main messaging system, which caused me to accidentally text a business associate with my facebook profile and picture attached to my contact info... Ooooops. Luckily it's a perfectly decent picture, but still... again, I checked the settings and I wasn't set to "sync" so I don't know why it's doing that.

Google has a tendency to aggregate everything (like when they first released Buzz) so watch out for these things.

Truthfully, I haven't had time to play with my phone as extensively as I want to, but I will report further bugs and stuff i you guys are interested.

Last edited by tomato; 08-17-2010 at 01:40 AM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:40 AM   #320
tomato
Super Moderator

Anyone else rocking Froyo?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 AM   #321
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
grrr...my mytouch has been screwy the past few days....finally uninstalled mobile defense and now it's not in the market anymore WTH....

phone was force closing mobile defense on startup and I was getting 'No Service' so no tmo signal....weird...
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #322
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Anyone else rocking Froyo?
Yup, got the 2.2 update for my original Droid last week. Very nice but not a significant difference. My wife hasn't gotten hers yet and we both got our Droids together last December.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #323
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
mmmm Facebook....the privacy killer...
Gmail is working fine, i can actually select the interval at which it checks.
So do I and yet, my secondary account doesn't fetch unless I do it manually.
I guess I'm gonna have to troubleshoot that one, maybe delete the account and recreate it (on the unit)

As to Privacy *cough* *cough* yeah, I think we gave that up with gmail already
Old 08-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #324
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I've already done thorough searches on android forums...of all which people link to threads that seem to go nowhere, other than one app, but doesn't seem to work half the time.

I thought maybe you could look into the regional settings and see if you are able to change the keyboard/text buttons into japanese by any chance...

It be almost like getting feedback from a live person, who lives not too far away from me
Yeah, I see some options to Asian languages but I have no ideas what languages they are since they are in Asian ! Also, I wouldn't dream of switching that option on because what do I do then to get back to English?

I'm happy to let you play with my phone but the easiest thing would still be for you to walk into a store and play with the demo unit and get all your q's answered right then. The units are live and you can download apps and everything.

Or, we can have a meet when you get back and you can look at mine