Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #19
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
I can let off my steering wheel and it won't pull to either side, I'm guessing the alignment is probably still fine with my car even though I put the springs and shocks on. I'm still going to get an alignment here by the end of the week or beginning of next week. And your right, the term "responsive" is a much more accurate choice of word to use.
yea, even though the car doesn't pull left or right the slightest nudge of the wheel sends it in a hard turn, takes some getting used to. I drove off the road twice.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Yup, that's how mine is as well. It doesn't take much turning of the steering wheel at all to get the thing flying in a certain direction. That's why it's best anytime you make a mod to a car, especially a significant one such as changing something substantial in the engine bay or to the suspension, that you time is taken to learn how it reacts and handles. Just look at the videos on streetfire.c.o.m and watch how many wipeout/crash videos there are just because some guy got a new supercharger on his car and thought he was hot stuff, then ends up slamming into another car or wrecking it. It's always a safer bet to start slow and learn the car then to hop in and push it, because you don't know where it ends or where it even begins...
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote