Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
just installed it 2 days ago. Adjusting the projector beam was kinda annoying though. Install was easy as hell though and brightness isn't too bad. I think they're just slightly less bright than stock but not too much where you'd complain about it.

No connector problems, people have problems fitting the turn signal. Mine fit in fine... used the stock bulb and plug. Sorry if I'm thread jacking lol.

Last edited by kuyachris84; 09-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Mine was quick and easy.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyachris84 View Post
just installed it 2 days ago. Adjusting the projector beam was kinda annoying though. Install was easy as hell though and brightness isn't too bad. I think they're just slightly less bright than stock but not too much where you'd complain about it.

No connector problems, people have problems fitting the turn signal. Mine fit in fine... used the stock bulb and plug. Sorry if I'm thread jacking lol.
Looks great on black, kuyachris84. Good that it worked out well and didn't have problems. I should be getting mine next week sometime, as its still somewhere on the courier. Hopefully i don't run into any issues then.

How bright are the the LEDs? I prob won't connect those as it might attract the cops. lol.

Do you have a close up photo of how big your turn signal bulb is? like shape wise? Thanks

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #22
kuyachris84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
Looks great on black, kuyachris84. Good that it worked out well and didn't have problems. I should be getting mine next week sometime, as its still somewhere on the courier. Hopefully i don't run into any issues then.

How bright are the the LEDs? I prob won't connect those as it might attract the cops. lol.

Do you have a close up photo of how big your turn signal bulb is? like shape wise? Thanks
I'll take a close up pic tomorrow... i just used the stock turn signal bulbs but they're the same shape and size of what you get with the head lights. I was thinking of putting the 1157 clear bulb but already have clear turn signals in the back... more clear turn signals and i'm guaranteed to be pulled over lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #23
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Ah, guess I was kinda late eh? Haha, my bad.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #24
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohibit View Post
Ah, guess I was kinda late eh? Haha, my bad.
Don't think you were late ;P i was the one asking the questin. LOL. I haven't gotten mine yet. But thanks!

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #25
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Oh, that's the A.D.D kicking in. haha.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #26
ruimond

These black version taillights are coming with the package.

Wasn't sure if it would look any good on White, so might not put them on. Bought them to split with my friend.

I photoshoped it on this photo below. Thoughts?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #27
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
they look sick on white

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #28
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
i did a search, no one has modified the stock headlamps?
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #29
kuyachris84

Kngrsll....

Peterpoop modified his stock headlights... here's the thread

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22146
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #30
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post

The LED's are white and are facing to the fount of the car so are perfectly legal in all stats. only if u changes there color to anything other then white or yellow they become illegal
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #31
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midon View Post
The LED's are white and are facing to the fount of the car so are perfectly legal in all stats. only if u changes there color to anything other then white or yellow they become illegal
Oh ok,i always thought they were blue leds. At least it looks like that in some photos.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #32
kuyachris84

In the picture it turned out blue... but they're white as can be lol. I passed like 20 cops already and none have pulled me over for them.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #33
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
where did you get it as a package ?? how much ?
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #34
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vten View Post
where did you get it as a package ?? how much ?
It was just a special package on Ebay Australia. But both sets are sold already.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #35
ruimond

Ok so i've installed these, love the look. But tried them out tonight with the original cutoff.

Do people think this cutoff is to high?

Im guessing projectors project the light in a different way. I noticed that when i'm up close to something i can see the beams clear. But once your furthur away from the vechicle ahead of you it kinda spreads out and gets furthur in distance.

When im behind a car it seems that the lights shine roughly almost near where their boot ends. E.g on a Sedan boot.

Do people that have these lights adjust them by those long screw things? Is it just a matter of turning it closewise and anti-clockwise for higher and lower? I couldn't turn them with my hand. So im guessing people need to use a screwdriver?

This is my cutoff shining at the garage door without changing anything yet.

Basically are projectors meant to spread out more then normal lights as in less focus. This is the first time i've had projectors. I could be aimed to high.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #36
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
Even after I put my HID in them I had to adjust them a little. And let me warn you since the did not put the adjusters on a vertical and horizontal it a pain to adjust they pot the adjustment on the diagonal so you have to take a headlight out adjust put it back and look, repeat this about 20 times and you will get it were it needs to be.
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote