Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #19
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
Looks like a dropped Quest
Some people think the Versa look like a mini-Quest, but I think it have some relations with a mini-Murano.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:16 AM   #20
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
Some people think the Versa look like a mini-Quest, but I think it have some relations with a mini-Murano.
The front end anyways for sure. Thats whut my buddy in the US said.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #21
riceboy

Drives: icebox

Last edited by riceboy; 12-17-2006 at 02:21 PM.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #22
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
hahahaha LOLOL
Old 09-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #23
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
I thought when watching the new Versa commercials that from the front it kind of resembles the Mirano...
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #24
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Side by side comparison.

Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:14 AM   #25
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Saw (IN PERSON) today the Versa at the dealership, after hours, and I looked them all up and down for a good 1/2 hour, I swear.

... and I must say, I think I *may* like the Versa better than the Yaris now... but not 100% sure yet. :S Need to reflect on the matter more.

Interior wise, its more typical and less "unique/different/strange" like the Yaris's is... overall just pretty fucking nice! Outside, in person, its not as ugly as I thought it was when I was pics of it online. Its quite fine!

And it has over twice the storage space or the Yaris, plus an extra 16 horsepower! Both those features REALLY freakin' appeal to me. Esp since the cost is literally like SPOT ON for comparably equipped Versa to my LE 4 door! I guess the thing the Yaris really wins in originally and uniqueness, plus fuel economy.

And my choice on vehicles are largely fuel efficiently based... plus when I bought in May, the Versa wasn't out yet, and we dont have a Nissan dealership in town anyways, closest is Barrie, 45 min away, and I wanted the luxury of having a dealership in town to take my car to when problems or issues potentially arose!

If I were buying now and we had both a Toyota and Nissan dealership in Collingwood, I dont know which I would buy anymore. :S

Jem
Old 09-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #26
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Awesome! I can't wait to try the Versa!! I think I'll take a ride to my Nissan dealer soon, just for fun! I must wait a little more than one-and-half year before changing my Cavalier, because I'm saving some several money for cash-down payment on a new house, but after, I want something new and fully equipped but still fuel economic. I like the Yaris, but I feel unconfortable because it have a so small legsroom. The Versa is offering a large legsroom for tall peoples. BTW, all Nissan cars I own or try offer a large legsroom, even the cheapest model of the line. With Toyota you need to buy a Camry to get a large legsroom. Even my mom's Matrix offer a pretty small legsroom, but bigger than the Yaris. I also want to get back a manual car... I just feel sad with my automatic Cavalier and the automatic Echo.

The countdown is already started for me! 19 month remaining before the new car arrival! It leave the time to all manufacturers to show up some new models... maybe the new upcoming Corolla will be interesting?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #27
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
Awesome! I can't wait to try the Versa!! I think I'll take a ride to my Nissan dealer soon, just for fun! I must wait a little more than one-and-half year before changing my Cavalier, because I'm saving some several money for cash-down payment on a new house, but after, I want something new and fully equipped but still fuel economic. I like the Yaris, but I feel unconfortable because it have a so small legsroom. The Versa is offering a large legsroom for tall peoples. BTW, all Nissan cars I own or try offer a large legsroom, even the cheapest model of the line. With Toyota you need to buy a Camry to get a large legsroom. Even my mom's Matrix offer a pretty small legsroom, but bigger than the Yaris. I also want to get back a manual car... I just feel sad with my automatic Cavalier and the automatic Echo.

The countdown is already started for me! 19 month remaining before the new car arrival! It leave the time to all manufacturers to show up some new models... maybe the new upcoming Corolla will be interesting?
Just to note, I keep up on Nissan Versa forums too, and ppl have been experiencing pretty big manual transmision problems, where it will just slide out of gear... apparently as to do w/ the cruise control, so I think it affect 1.8 SL models only.

But yea, there are problems ppl seem to be experienc elready w/ their Versas. Now that said, this IS a first year model... its often riskier buying a frist year model over latter year models, bc in non-first year models, hopefully any of the initial bugs have all been corrected and dealt with.

Jem
Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
Just to note, I keep up on Nissan Versa forums too, and ppl have been experiencing pretty big manual transmision problems, where it will just slide out of gear... apparently as to do w/ the cruise control, so I think it affect 1.8 SL models only.

But yea, there are problems ppl seem to be experienc elready w/ their Versas. Now that said, this IS a first year model... its often riskier buying a frist year model over latter year models, bc in non-first year models, hopefully any of the initial bugs have all been corrected and dealt with.

Jem

If you want to get technical this isn't the first year...well yes in North America, but I believe the Tiida/Versa has been on the market two years before it came to our shores, but I'm not totally sure on that, but you do make a good point. Also Nissan's reliability isn't that great now a days, neither are their sales.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #29
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
If you want to get technical this isn't the first year...well yes in North America, but I believe the Tiida/Versa has been on the market two years before it came to our shores, but I'm not totally sure on that, but you do make a good point. Also Nissan's reliability isn't that great now a days, neither are their sales.
Their realiability isnt HORRIBLE like it was around the times when it was suffering massively (I believe that was 1999ish).

But I dont think I'd say their reality is up to par w/ that of Toyotas or Hondas. So far the Versa hasnt proven (from European models) to be shoddily made, but also, the European models arent made out of Mexico... which is kinda what I meant when I was referring to this as being a first year.

All Versas are made for the NA market out of Mexico, same plant where they make the Sentra (for the US market, I believe). Many companies have experience problems in vehicles that are coming out of Mexico, notably VW, which has really recently in the past several years ruined their image of quality. (The Wolfsburg, Germany made VWs are eff'n fine and great though).

Anyways, problems do appear to be occurring with new Versas ppl have bought, at least from what I've read on Nissan and Versa forums.

Jem
Old 09-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #30
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

^^^I hear ya! I visit the Versa forums as well to see how this car is doing in the hands of the public. It seems the mileage factor isn't the greatest, there seems to be a big jump in mileage, it seems that you have to baby the Versa to even get 30mpg, some are getting more but its rare, some "sub-compact" huh? I'll get off my soap box on the Versa. I guess the only Versa I think is somewhat good looking is the brighter blue one (don't know the name), I know they sell a darker blue but that's not the one I'm talking about, the black ones look sharp though.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #31
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
^^^I hear ya! I visit the Versa forums as well to see how this car is doing in the hands of the public. It seems the mileage factor isn't the greatest, there seems to be a big jump in mileage, it seems that you have to baby the Versa to even get 30mpg, some are getting more but its rare, some "sub-compact" huh? I'll get off my soap box on the Versa. I guess the only Versa I think is somewhat good looking is the brighter blue one (don't know the name), I know they sell a darker blue but that's not the one I'm talking about, the black ones look sharp though.
Bright blue = Sapphire Blue B14,

Darker blue = Blueberry B23

The Versa looks like a nice car, and roomy and has the trunk space I *WISH* my Yaris had.

But I still love my baby and I think over all my TOYOTA Yaris is gonna have better reliability in the long-run... the Echo's essentially PROVEN that as a fact!

Plus, yea, the mileage is hurting somewhat w/ the Versa... and they were lower to begin with.

I get the bottom end of the EPA fuel efficiency with my 'Cara' (Yaris), but I'm still happy w/ my 39ish mileage... if I was driving the Versa... what? would I be at 29 or less ? (that would hurt)

My MAIN factors in my car purchase was 1) reliability and 2) gas mileage... The Yaris WON in both those categories.

And also, the Versa wasnt even out in May, so its not like it was even an option to purch then regardless.

Jem
Old 10-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #32
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I'm speechless... A Nissan... A Renault... I think I'm gunna be sick!
First off the Versa is hideous to look at. From everything I've read or heard about it it drives heavy, and feels cheaply made. Engine sounds like it's going to fly apart at high RPMs. Rattles when new. No Thanks!
I can see having a tough time deciding Fit or Yaris, but Versa never entered my mind. Nissan is not anywhere near the quality of Toyota or Honda, or Hyundai for that matter.

Puuuuhleeeezzzz!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #33
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
Bright blue = Sapphire Blue B14,

Darker blue = Blueberry B23

The Versa looks like a nice car, and roomy and has the trunk space I *WISH* my Yaris had.

But I still love my baby and I think over all my TOYOTA Yaris is gonna have better reliability in the long-run... the Echo's essentially PROVEN that as a fact!

Plus, yea, the mileage is hurting somewhat w/ the Versa... and they were lower to begin with.

I get the bottom end of the EPA fuel efficiency with my 'Cara' (Yaris), but I'm still happy w/ my 39ish mileage... if I was driving the Versa... what? would I be at 29 or less ? (that would hurt)

My MAIN factors in my car purchase was 1) reliability and 2) gas mileage... The Yaris WON in both those categories.

And also, the Versa wasnt even out in May, so its not like it was even an option to purch then regardless.

Jem

You know where to contact me when you want to give up your Yaris for a Versa Just make sure you clean the inside and outside please, and oh, if you have car payments, pay them off before you give me the car arlight?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #34
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Well is spent alot of time looking at the versa, and i was leaning toward it. However, my parents test drove one fresh off the truck that broke down and had to be pushed back on the lot, we chopped that up to it hadnt been inspected and prepared properly and ignored it. After a few weeks i had decided on the Versa S model, and wouldnt you know that it started bouncing early on, real subtle at first, then it started making strange sounds and making a constant click sound. looking back on it it was probably a tire problem and i shouldnt have taken it so seroiusly, but i decided with all the reports of TPMS problems and the dent under the drivers side mirror that caused sound problems, along with other varies problems reported. Those two failed test drives along with those turned me off to it. Further, the fact that the versa is a "fill in the gap year" made me afraid that by getting the S model with the 4 speed auto it woudl have a very low resale value, and average a combined of about 26mpg or so in real numbers. Further, all the reviews were of the CVT SL and the comparably priced versa is the S model with auto...so, how useful are those review when the interior and transmission change pretty drastically between the two. However, after buying the yaris and truly realizing how small it is i wish i had gone with the Versa, it is very comfortable interior, and wihle i doubted its reliability the fact is that very few cars today are really unreliable, and im sure while this one might have a problem or two more over the 3 yeras under warranty, i really doubt that it would be any major difference. The double cargo space, 4 doors so you can take your buddies around and the incredible comfort of the rear seat, and the fact that the yaris is causing my fat A's right leg to cramp and the none telescopic steering wheel keeping me too close and the fact it is so hard to get with ABS and it is so incredibly small and only got a 4 star frontal crash test rating...id day look seriously at the Versa
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote