Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'll try to get all of the innovation award recipients from the show on here:

^It should be noted that the Alpine piece seems a little more limited versus Audison, Arc, and Mosconi offerings that were presented at the show. This leads me to believe that a company with clout receives these awards versus real performance...

Much more to come...
Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^This one is intriguing to me...

^Better hearing protection than we have now would be a nice thing...

^sorry, blurry pic...

More to come...

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
This is a great thread, thanks. Is the Hybrid Audio Imagine 6" sub-woofer a good choice for someone with very limited space?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #22
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^ You know, I won't straight up lie to you and say that it's the best ever. The REAL answer is, it's unproven to my ears so far. This little sub is in the affordable line of HAT's offerings.

To tell you how brand new it is, on Thursday morning, I was handed the subs by the engineer from the build house. There are some testers floating around BUT I haven't heard any results. The only two at this moment in circulation that I know of are with Jon Webb at Performance Autosound in Las Vegas. The ones that Jon has are are the ones that are pictured. My understanding is that HAT has them in stock in Atlanta and perhaps LA.

Now, Everything I've seen after handling this woofer leads me to believe that this woofer is a 6" woofer not that much different from the overall look of the 8" DD 1508 (which is VERY popular with the bass heads). I've actually played with the thought of using four of these loaded into the back deck of my Yaris. I have more than the power I need to do so...

The nice thing is that they work in a small sealed enclosure of around .25 to .3 or .35 of a cube. The other two interesting features are that it has dual venting to keep it nice and cool (one in the pole piece of the magnet and right above the magnet in the frame) as well as the reverse surround which strikes me as a prime candidate for a down firing enclosure.

The price is VERY nice on this woofer too. Of course I won't say the cost (since I was in the room and in the midst of the discussions this week) but I'll leave it at this, you can afford it AND if you keep the woofer working you are guaranteed 60% trade in on the speaker for other Hybrid equipment FOR LIFE. 6 days, 6 months, 6 years, even 6 decades...you'll have a guaranteed trade in value. You know what that equates to...

say the woofer costs $100, your trade in on other HAT speakers is $60. Not bad in my estimation. Know ANY other speaker manufacturer that does that? I don't.

I also know that HAT is coming out with an 8" and a 10" by the summer.

This is all what I heard Scott talking about in the suite as I was cooking for his company's business functions this week.

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-10-2011 at 11:59 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #23
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

More pics:

^It looked right about the size of my iPhone. Interesting...

^This has GOT to be the coolest flight sim control EVAR! Even though I'm not into flight sims, this control looks very realistic. I am a fan of the A-10 Warthog though. I've seen it in action before. I can tell you guys this much, when you hear those engines loitering you've heard the sound of freedom to the nth degree. The sound alone of the slow turbine engines gives you a boost like you wouldn't believe because when that beast lays down the law...someone is going straight to hell in the express lane...and you'll be there to witness it.

Sorry, got all giddy inside thinking about that plane...

...There were more Innovation Award winners. Mostly computer parts and accessories. I didn't have a chance to get pics of those with my schedule...

more pics to come...
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^Closing up Black Betty

^Black Betty Leaving the hall

^Bowers & Wilkins Jaguar XJ