Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
I believe list is $1230 and BP have them on sale for $1107:

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=5268
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #20
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
ken(badhabitz) picked these up yesterday, should have them installed today or tomorrow. one of us will get pics up and hopefully he'll have an install writeup.

thanks ken!!! and anyone who wants a set, here is the link.
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=5268
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #21
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
AWESOME!

What size wheels is he running?? Id like to see it SLAMMED on factory 15's for shits and giggles!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #22
BulletProofAuto

by the way, for all that would get involved in a tein vs cusco debate...
(unbiased answer since we are a dealer for both)
the cusco quality is much better consistently then tein. the tein basic was built to be a cheap coilover, the cusco was built to be entry level in terms of properties. do you want cheap? i would only buy upper level teins made in japan if i had a choice, all cusco are made in japan.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #23
BulletProofAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
AWESOME!

What size wheels is he running?? Id like to see it SLAMMED on factory 15's for shits and giggles!
he's running stocks, he'll be ordering wheels in time
Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #24
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Nice! I knew he'd see the light The C-One stuff is cool but you can't beat a nice set of coilovers
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #25
badhabitz

Drives: yaris
Send a message via AIM to badhabitz
haha ur right jeff i saw the light thanks john for the coil overs there already installed and the car handles great now i feel that my car has new life cause i want to drive it all the time now and take turns this was probably the best investment that i have made so far ill email u the pics today
badhabitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabitz
haha ur right jeff i saw the light thanks john for the coil overs there already installed and the car handles great now i feel that my car has new life cause i want to drive it all the time now and take turns this was probably the best investment that i have made so far ill email u the pics today
stiffness, and bumpiness compared to stock set-up? How does it compare...better or worse, or only a minor change?

I'm not sure how many setting the cusco coils have, but maybe the softest will be similar to stock?

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
ItsMyDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #27
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyDaily
stiffness, and bumpiness compared to stock set-up? How does it compare...better or worse, or only a minor change?

I'm not sure how many setting the cusco coils have, but maybe the softest will be similar to stock?

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
ItsMyDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #28
BulletProofAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyDaily
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1828

the cusco's are non adjustable dampening, so you'll only be able to adust the ride height.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
will you be getting any more cusco coilovers? if so, still selling for 1107??

and also, how do they compare with the C-ONE sports dampers? Any info on those?? I notice there's nothing written about those on the website and they're a little bit cheaper! or are they totally different things??
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #30
BulletProofAuto

We have one more Cusco Compact-S in stock, for the price of $1107.00 with free shipping.

The C-One Sport suspension has a lower spring rate than the Cusco Comp-S coilovers and cannot be adjusted height wise. The comp-S coilovers are a better bang for the buck imo, because they are height adjustable, have a stiffer spring set up, and are a full coilover system, compared to the C-One system, which is just a srping and shock set up.

First come first serve on the last set of Cusco Comp-S coilovers!

-Mike
Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #31
ToTo

Drives: Toyota Yaris T SPORT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto View Post
by the way, for all that would get involved in a tein vs cusco debate...
the cusco quality is much better consistently then tein. the tein basic was built to be a cheap coilover, the cusco was built to be entry level in terms of properties. do you want cheap? i would only buy upper level teins made in japan if i had a choice, all cusco are made in japan.
Im gonna have to disagree with you totally on callng Tein Basic a cheap coilover. I know many people who have had them for a while, they have been very satisfied with them, its truly a great kit! I also have them, they are very comfortable and YES, THE BASIC'S ARE ALSO MADE IN JAPAN, ALL TEIN ARE MADE IN JAPAN!!!

The Cusco's are good as well, I dont want to compare the two, but almost the same in my opinion. I would definitely rather suggest Tein Basic's for everday use and daily driving over the Cusco's, but Cusco's would be better for track use because of their agressive stiffness...
Old 05-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #32
Toymaniac
Adm.ClubYarisQuebec.com

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Aero group
By experience on Both Tein and Cusco on my Echo Hatch

What i can say that both are realy good product

the only down side on cusco that i saw is that they rust way faster than Tein anyway the ones i had did....

Coilovers like Tein and Cusco are way better than any strut/shock/spring combos for having tested 9 different setups on my Echo let me tell you coilovers are great

2007 Yaris sedan Barcelona Red
TRD Swaybar
TRD Springs
Tanabe Strutbar
Toymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #33
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
This thread is for Bullet Proof Automontive sales. I am certain Cusco is a very nice product.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #34
BulletProofAuto

"by the way, for all that would get involved in a tein vs cusco debate...
the cusco quality is much better consistently then tein. the tein basic was built to be a cheap coilover, the cusco was built to be entry level in terms of properties. do you want cheap? i would only buy upper level teins made in japan if i had a choice, all cusco are made in japan."

----------------------------------------------------

The above statement was made by a previous employee of ours. Please disregard this statement as a representation of our views at Bulletproof Automotive. Our intentions are never to be bias, but this statement is clearly just that. Thank you.

-Mike
Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #35
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto View Post
"by the way, for all that would get involved in a tein vs cusco debate...
the cusco quality is much better consistently then tein. the tein basic was built to be a cheap coilover, the cusco was built to be entry level in terms of properties. do you want cheap? i would only buy upper level teins made in japan if i had a choice, all cusco are made in japan."

----------------------------------------------------

The above statement was made by a previous employee of ours. Please disregard this statement as a representation of our views at Bulletproof Automotive. Our intentions are never to be bias, but this statement is clearly just that. Thank you.

-Mike
What get's me about Tein is that you can't even find a decent picture of them anywhere online. People who have purchased the Basics for the most part seem incredibly pleased however I have seen a couple of poor reviews and complaints of failure. I am sure that goes for most all products of any kind. Megan Coilovers are very appealing at the moment. Are you selling Megan any other brands for comparison shoppers like myself?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #36
BulletProofAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
What get's me about Tein is that you can't even find a decent picture of them anywhere online. People who have purchased the Basics for the most part seem incredibly pleased however I have seen a couple of poor reviews and complaints of failure. I am sure that goes for most all products of any kind. Megan Coilovers are very appealing at the moment. Are you selling Megan any other brands for comparison shoppers like myself?
We only deal with Japanese parts.
Personally, I would not purchase a coilover system that I have heard multiple complaints about.
As far as Cusco goes... I have not heard complaints.

-Mike