Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
I Love the look of my Sedan. The Yaris got the first of Toyota's good looking models to come out for awhile. If you get it lowered with rims, it's one of the most futuristic looking cars on the road.
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #20
StellarPrincess

Drives: '07 White Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Thumbs up so many compliments

I'm a proud new owner of a yaris S sedan...and I've gotton nothing but compliments on not only the body style, but the quality of the interior and ride* As long as it makes you happy getting into it every day...it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...although...I haven't heard anything negative about it! =)
StellarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
the sedan is sweet :)

But I'm a 2 door hatch man myself.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #22
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
Maybe if the S sedan was an S coupe (2 door) I'd have it instead of the LB. It's got good lines but I REFUSE to have 4 doors again!
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 AM   #23
StellarPrincess

Drives: '07 White Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Lightbulb right...

haha...yeah...I see that. It would have been nice to have the 2 doors. It would have given it a more sporty look...but the cabin is really roomy (just as big as the corolla) and is nice for toting friends*
StellarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #24
daq421
MPG is the new cool

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Send a message via AIM to daq421
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh View Post
a lot of posts say that sedan is not good looking. I am so sad. I got my sedan this Oct because there is no 4 door HB available in US.

I think Toyota is really stupid. Can't them see the large demand for 4-door Yaris Hatchback????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hans
An Answer in 3 parts:
1. The people that say the Sedan is ugly are just flat wrong.

2. The demand for the 4 door hatch is irrelevant as car companies have always sold what "they want" rather than what "we want"

3. Finally who gives damn what "others" say? Buy the car YOU like and and roll proudly. I personally think the Sedan (non S) is the best looking of the lot. But that's just my opinion.

-Peter
Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
platypus

Drives: Yaris Sedan
At first I wasn't much of a fan of the sedan's styling, but I went with it regardless since I need a 4 door. I have to say it's really grown on me (like a fungus, perhaps) - now I wouldn't have it any other way.
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #26
esquiva
Noypi ako!

Drives: 07 S Sedan 5-Speed M/T
not ugly at all
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2486166

Nene jr.: tay, peram naman ng kotse o...
Boy Bastos: sige pero isang kondisyon. mag-ano muna tayo.
Nene jr.: tay meron ako ngayon e. blowjob na lang kita.
Boy bastos: o sige.
pagkatapos ng blowjob...
Nene jr.: tay, bat lasang tae yung etits nyo?
Boy bastos: ah ganon ba? hiniram kasi ng kuya
mo kanina yung kotse e!
esquiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #27
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Maybe Toyota should add a 2-door coupe AND a 4-door liftback to the US Yaris lineup.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #28
spkrman
Banned

i'd like to see a 2 door coupe...

wouldn't have bought one though :)
Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #29
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquiva View Post
nice car
Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #30
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I've had quite different comments about my sedan. Most people who check it out compliment its appearance outside and inside.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #31
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
YEA, I think that most of those comments are directed toward sedans in general. But as far as sedans go the yaris looks really good going down the road
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #32
Nivyn

Drives: Blk Sand Pearl 2007 Yaris LE
The yaris in sedan form looks good. Don't get me wrong, but I think I prefer the liftback/hatch better (for myself). The Sedan's got some great features, ie. the good trunk space) and I think it's a great looking car.

As for the sedan, I think it's harder to tell it's a Yaris when it's a Sedan though just because it loses some of the Liftback qualities when it's melted into the trunk at the back. It kinda loses the smooth grooves in the door, and the shape of the back, but maybe it kinda gains it's own unique shape too when a trunk is added.

My opinion is, that it starts to look like other sedans, and only when you look closely do you realize it is really a Yaris.

Not saying that it's bad, but if you're looking for something different or unique, maybe the Liftback is one option.
Nivyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 AM   #33
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i like the way the sedan looks, those people are just jealous...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #34
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
For me, i wanted a sporty car, so i picked 3dr hb, we dont have the 5dr hatch in the US anyway, even if we did, i will still go with the 3dr hatch. personally for me, I think the sedan, wagon, and 5dr hatch are family cars, 2dr coupe and 3dr hatch are usually more sporty looking and because a sports car doesnt need all the extra door, also helps in order to reduce the unneeded weight, as well as the transmisstion on the car, Auto to me are used as family cars, and manuals are for performance, like sports cars, the color too, red, yellow, such as the Ferrari's and some blue are mostly for sports cars ,silver, black, and white are usually for luxury cars, such as the M-Benz. it is just my opinion, for family cars they can be any color, but not red nor yellow, in that case, a family with a sporty color will not be a good combo.Yaris in the north American used to be called ECHO, but then TOYOTA decied to bring the new Yaris to the North America as the same name as known in Europe for many years, which is the Yaris, and in Japan Yaris are called Vitz, the Yaris Sedan in North America is called Bel** in Japan, i dont remember how to spell it. ANy way it really is up to the personal favor when u buy a car.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #35
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
Yaris in the north American used to be called ECHO, but then TOYOTA decied to bring the new Yaris to the North America as the same name as known in Europe for many years, which is the Yaris, and in Japan Yaris are called Vitz, the Yaris Sedan in North America is called Bel** in Japan, i dont remember how to spell it. ANy way it really is up to the personal favor when u buy a car.

Toyota branded the previous gen Vitz as the Yaris (like the second gen) all around the world which was a hatch. The Platz sold in Japan was the bases for the previous gen N/A ECHO sedan as well as Oceana (Australia etc.)-although I believe it was badged as a Yaris (the sedan varient) in other countries...the ECHO hatch which was only sold in Canada (as far as N/A goes)was a rebadged Yaris/Vitz-previous gen. Yaris isn't new around the world as far as name goes, just new to N/A as far as name and car itself as we get the second gen like most other places.
Just a heads up!

Oh, the current Yaris sedan is based the Belta in Japan, you were close!!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #36
homerj
Safety Engineer

Drives: 09 Fit Sport, 07 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh View Post
a lot of posts say that sedan is not good looking. I am so sad. I got my sedan this Oct because there is no 4 door HB available in US.

I think Toyota is really stupid. Can't them see the large demand for 4-door Yaris Hatchback????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hans
you should punch those bitches in the mouth. jk. maybe.
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote