Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #19
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Tell them its what came on the car from the factory.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #20
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
To be honest with you, tell the cops to fu** off. Their are louder cars on the road, especially the ones with the muffler hanging off their hangers, making loud noise, or the ones with without no muffler at all. Their are muscles cars that are louder than that, they don't say nothing. Their just h8rs. As long as the muffler(exhaust) looks stock, it shouldn't be a problem.
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #21
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponrcamry View Post
tell the cops to fu** off.

That is some good advice. thanks, I will try that and let you know how it goes.

I doubt I will have an issue, but if you get pulled for it then there isnt much you can do except be nice and hope the cop is cool, or just fight it in court if he wont listen. it is legal, so the law is on your side. its not like im trying to put a big fart can on there or anything...
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #22
BlueFlash
wa do dem

Drives: 2007 blue Lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqd View Post
not all cops are dicks....just the majority....i know a couple that love modding cars and all that....
lmao that may be true but when they are wearing a badge all that goes out the window cops are ass holes

if the cop doenst have a db meter how can he know if your exhaust is too loud ask to see his db meter most police departments dont carry them in cars so you can get out of sterio and exhaust tickets ive used this for sterio tickets
Old 07-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #23
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlash View Post
lmao that may be true but when they are wearing a badge all that goes out the window cops are ass holes

if the cop doenst have a db meter how can he know if your exhaust is too loud ask to see his db meter most police departments dont carry them in cars so you can get out of sterio and exhaust tickets ive used this for sterio tickets
Good tip!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #24
AlphaFox

ya, except its arbatrary here, there are no db level laws. its 'altered' exhaust... so you get to define it how you want! its great...

I just installed it, man I didnt realize how LOUD it would be!! I like it though, but it definately is louder than stock, haha
Old 07-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #25
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
"AlphaFox", the exhaust is 50 state legal correct???
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #26
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i hate cops. if you look at the majority of Mustangs, Camaro's, Silvarado's, Suburbans, and all of those American cars, they never get pulled over. i would take it to court and say something like that and finish it off with being discriminated against (especially if one of those cars are in the area if you get pulled over). for all i care, those sh*tty cops can just...f-in haters...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 AM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
also google SEMA, i think they have something about rights of modding your car.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #28
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
take it to court - fight the ticket .. if you get one .. no worries .. but def go with TRD if your troopers are dicks ... i'm going with HKS
Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #29
AlphaFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponrcamry View Post
"AlphaFox", the exhaust is 50 state legal correct???
So I have read.. plus the dealer sell them, I dont think they would sell stuff and pre-mod some cars with the exhaust if it was illegal...
Old 07-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #30
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
2 THINGS YOU CAN DO.

1. ASK THE COP WHY HARLEY DAVIDSONS ARE LEGAL NOISE WISE?

2. SHOW HIM YOUR TOYOTA RECEIPT..COZ IF THEY CHARGE YOU WITH TOYOTA PARTS ON IT.. THEYRE REALLY GOING AGAINST TOYOTA COMPANY. THAT COULD BE A BIG LAWSUIT TOYOTA VS GOVERNMENT!
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
slvryaris

The cops will think you will just fall apart and pay the ticket. I had this happen about 8 years ago when I was a "minitrucker" and Altezza taillights came out, and that was also the first year the sporty lexus 2 door came out. I was pulled over by a state cop here in Indiana and they were bitching because parts of the lens were clear. It just so happens I pulled into the parking lot where he was at and told the officer to look at his and explained that he needed to call Lexus and ticket them for every car they manufactured with those taillights and to go to the local dealerships and tell them to quit selling them, and he said your right and let me go.

If they are complaining about an "altered exhaust" ask them why do Mustang Cobras have a factory altered exhaust or Silverado SS have a "factory" altered exhaust. I would have taken it to court, and I bet the cop wouldn't even show. They have to define and tell why they would ticket you in that instance. By altered if you go and have a different muffler put if it is loud or not and he pulls you over for speeding and looks and sees you have a different muffler then he can give you a ticket for an "altered" exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
So I have read.. plus the dealer sell them, I dont think they would sell stuff and pre-mod some cars with the exhaust if it was illegal...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #32
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I haven't had a cop look twice at my TRD exhaust. It looks stock and isn't much louder.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #33
slvryaris

Ya I imagine they would have bettter stuff to do like arresting murderers and rapist and stuff like that.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #34
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
50 State Legal for "Emissions".....

Chuck

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #35
AlphaFox

I just talked to the parts manager at my local dealer. I asked him if there was any issue with it and cops, and at first he said 'well did you see the label on the box about some states?' well there is no such label, so I said no. then he says well its a factory part, so I shouldnt have any issues. I then brought up the fact that they are selling a LB there that the preinstalled an exhaust on. he continuted to say that I shouldnt have any issues, they had been selling tacomas and stuff with the exhausts and hadnt run into any issues. I said thats why I bought it and if I got pulled over I was going to just tell them it was a factory part. he suggested I keep the recept in the car just in case which I was doing anyways.

I doubt I will have a problem and feel better now knowing that they will back me. If I have the recept and show the cops it and say it was from toyota, your right, they would have to sue toyota since its from them.

https://www.authentictoyota.com/prod...roducts_id=858
"TRD Sport Mufflers increase horsepower, provide a deep, resonant engine sound. They are emissions-legal in all 50 states and meet aftermarket noise limit requirements."
Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #36
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Don't know if this helps but...

This article is talking about the exhaust issue however SEMA Action Network wrote up something that may interest you in MA. Basically they're saying that this new bill doesn't clairify specific alteration are, and to fight this new bill try writing to your Rep. Liz Malia.

In the article, they have mention some stuff on the benifits. Maybe you can discuss with the cop to try to get out of a fix it ticket.

Last edited by eijikikimaru; 07-05-2007 at 03:41 PM.
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote