Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #19
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carvin'07 View Post
Thanks changchewsoon!

That is great advice and exactly what I am looking for. WOW full boost at <3k...in fact, I had seen your dynochart a few days ago and look at your setup as what I want.

However, which 2052 do you have? I see 6 different ones here: http://www.theboostlab.com/products/GT2052.html

I also noticed that you only make 143 PS, but your torque is 181...seems that your hp is quite low. Do you have a small diameter intake?
Yes my compressor is actually the smallest amongst the GT20 family, reason is because I want fast spool up and I need the torque to come as early as possible as I use this car as my daily horse to work.

Try asking the shop whose selling you the GT20 turbine whether do they have the version of GT20 that is water cooled. If you notice the GT20s that is currently in the market do not have water lines. I sourced mine directly from Garrett Thailand where the housing allows you to run water feed in to it.

I just want to share that I was using a GT25 ball bearing turbo before this, but it wasn't able to build boost fast enough and the power doesn't come until 4,000 RPM. Although the car makes good power but it isn't nice to drive on the street at all. Good thing the inlet flange is compatible, so I had it swapped with a GT20.

Yup, my power and torque figures aren't exactly out of this world. I only went as far as 8-9 psi and until the forged internals arrive I'll probably stick to this setup for the time being. Since I'm running a front mount intercooler, so I'd expect a 1-2 psi loss of boost. Will try to mount a sensor after the intercooler to find out the actual boost when I have the time.

If high power and torque figures at high range RPM is what you're after, then the GT25 is a good choice. I gained 100 whp with just merely 7 psi of boost with the GT25. Amazing!

Last edited by changchewsoon; 04-05-2009 at 11:09 AM.
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote