Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Finally managed 39 for the FIT with a 5 speed auto , http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cinder/fit . Seems to be more of a chore to get those 39+ tanks this year compared to last spring . The Yaris sedan w/ the 4 speed auto is less work to get higher m.p.g.s .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Just wanted to report that I filled up this morning before a work trip. Drove about 150 miles today (fairly warm weather) and am averaging 49.6 mpg so far on this tank! I'm really driving like an old lady though....55mph tops, coasting to stop lights, stop signs, etc. Almost all highway too, of course. My schedule was very flexible today, so I was in no rush to get to my various destinations.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #21
ckurowic

Drives: 2007 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
To be fair, I've driving like an old grandma, but I like these numbers. Last full tank was 41.x, I believe.
I averaged 44 mpg on my road trip out to NYC and back. I was doing a constant 70MPH.
ckurowic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
This just another of my observations, but the EPA estimates for Yaris fuel mileage are much lower than what I am experiencing in real life. Toyota must have low-balled theirs while other manufacturers were inflating their mileage expectations.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
Just wanted to report that I filled up this morning before a work trip. Drove about 150 miles today (fairly warm weather) and am averaging 49.6 mpg so far on this tank! I'm really driving like an old lady though....55mph tops, coasting to stop lights, stop signs, etc. Almost all highway too, of course. My schedule was very flexible today, so I was in no rush to get to my various destinations.
Don't try this (in the left lane of 2 or more) if you go to Florida (not that you necessarily would). A new law went into effect on July 1st 2013 in Florida -- if you are going 10 MPH or more below the speed limit in the left lane, then a cop can give you a ticket.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #24
jayeh

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Don't try this (in the left lane of 2 or more) if you go to Florida (not that you necessarily would). A new law went into effect on July 1st 2013 in Florida -- if you are going 10 MPH or more below the speed limit in the left lane, then a cop can give you a ticket.
I think I love florida.

Here people have completely reversed the left and right lanes. People cruise at or below the speed limit in the far left, people going just above or just at the speed limit are in the middle and the right lane is left for the fastest cars and merging traffic. People will enter the freeway at 20 under the speed limit then switch immediately to the far left lane on an empty road!

on surface streets most people ignore the right lane on multi lane roads. Sometimes people turn right from the middle lane! When you stop at a red light it's not uncommon to count 12 cars in the left lane, 6 in the middle and 2 in the right! Some people will even stay in the left lane even if it means they won't get through the traffic light and have to wait for the next cycle!

I don't get it, but it leaves the right lane open for me! Although people seem to think that the cars in the right lane need to yield to people in the left and that it is perfectly ok to veer in the right lane at any time without looking (which they expect to be empty because its empty 99% of the time it is!)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #25
ScrappyMagoo

Drives: 07 black 3-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeh View Post
Does anyone with an automatic get anywhere near this?
not even close, my best was 35.521 but i live in Florida.
ScrappyMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Summer blend and summer weather really pumps up the mileage. My last Yaris fillup got 42.4 and even my truck got 28.9mpg.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote