Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Drives: 2007 Silver Streak Mica Sedan
I really need to get the paper work but with the terms I read AS LONG AS THE TOTAL AMOUNT (1980 DOLLARS) ARE NOT USED then the refund will be given to you. I do agree about the savings account idea but the reason I got the warranty is because of resale deals. Warranty=Higher Value on vehicle especially since this one is in fact transferrable.

http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat...tml#transcript

go to this link about warranties on cars.
Unknown_Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #20
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Also,

How would Toyota lose money on this deal Edd?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #21
Edd

Drives: None
Think about it.
[1]If nothing goes wrong, Toyota give you back your money. That means they break even, and so do you.
[2]If something (or multiple things) goes wrong worth over what you paid, then they lose money, and you profit.
So if the above were most likely, this deal wouldn't exist, because Toyota would have no possible gain. Therefore I'm guessing (as I said before):
[3]That something only a few hundred $$$ wears out over the warranty period, meaning you will not get your money back and you've spent nearly $2k for something that wouldn't have cost you anywhere near that to replace it at your own cost.

Remember that [3] is the ONLY way Toyota actually make money from offering this deal, which means it's probably the most likely. I'd say the extended warranty isn't worth it.

EDIT: I also realise it's possible that the extended warranty is parts only? No labour? That's another catch that sometimes gets people - the parts are often peanuts in comparison to the work involved in disassembly/reasssembly.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #22
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

It is quite possible, I really need to remember to find that Agreement so we can find out the legal jargon.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #23
dr_evo

Drives: 05 Evolution VIII, 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown_Epiphany View Post
It is quite possible, I really need to remember to find that Agreement so we can find out the legal jargon.
from what i understood about extended warranties is that you can cancel them anytime prior to the end of the contract prorated to the number of days/miles since the purchase of the car. what im trying to remember if it is actually cancellable after the 3/36 standard warranty. when i got a honda accord before, i actually bought one. then i realized a year later that i did not want a honda so i cancelled the warranty and traded in the car and used the money as a downpayment for another car. i did not get the entire value though. they already prorated it. i dont know if toyota warranty works the same way.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #24
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Toyota does prorate the agreement. The amount at the end of the 7 years is prorated. I am tempted to cancel my warranty but it may be worth the cash just in case.

I am already going to be paying off my car by the end of the year. So the warranty in a nutsell covers my car for 6 more years.

Sorry for any disagreements I may have caused. The agreement is worded very specifically. Gotta love contracts.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #25
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

By the way I found this info out from a Lexus/Toyota rep through email.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #26
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Extended care warranty and upgrades?

Now with the extra care warranty from my dealer, it also plays with the whole "If we find that you broke it" aka Negligence, that they even cover those claims... Now...my dealer also offers the ability to cancel anytime, and recieve the amount that i didnt use over time in a check...

Now my question, when I start adding performance upgrades, im sure it negates anything they hold in the terms, mainly because the car isnt stock?

Should i just cancel if that be the case?
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #27
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Now with the extra care warranty from my dealer, it also plays with the whole "If we find that you broke it" aka Negligence, that they even cover those claims... Now...my dealer also offers the ability to cancel anytime, and recieve the amount that i didnt use over time in a check...

Now my question, when I start adding performance upgrades, im sure it negates anything they hold in the terms, mainly because the car isnt stock?

Should i just cancel if that be the case?

I think the only stuff you actually lose the warranty on will be the parts you have modified or changed. Such as, changing your springs will probably eliminate any coverages for your suspension in general but that wouldn't ruin the warranty on the 02 sensor unless you have modified under the hood. This is just the way I understand it. I didn't purchase any warranties myself.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #28
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
I purches mine it was 1599 I think I might go back and cancel it before they send the forms away on Monday.

It seems like a ripoff because the only reason I think they offer extended warranties is becuase they're almost purely profit for them ebcause nothing evre goes wrong with their cars lol
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #29
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
I opted for the 6yr 100k but I am thinking of getting rid of it. But if I stay at my job I will basicly use up the standerd warr. in 2 years. Plus the extended does free towing and if u are 151+ from ur home they will pay up to $100 for food a day if u break down. Plus will pay for a hotel up to 5days I believe.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #30
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
The main reason I'm going to get rid of mine is because my insurance is crazy expensive because of an accident I had in 2005 that I kinda forgot about until I went to insure my car after I bought it $279/month WOW!!!!!

So what I have to do is get rid of collision, and get rid of the warranty, so thats 80/month less which makes it more manageable. Cause the warranty is an extra ~30/month
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #31
thomasward00

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Wow,

I bought my Yaris with 2500 miles on it as a Toyota Certified used car, it already came with a 7yr 100k mile powertrain warranty and at first the finance manager tried to sell me an upgrade to a 7yr 100k bumper to bumper, he wanted 1100.00 bucks, I declined but the next day before I picked up my car, he called me and offered me the 7yr 100k bumper to bumper platinum for 495.00, I jumped on it. It covers just about EVERYTHING, even the Radio and speakers. And its fully transferable if I decide to sell the car, I'ts much better to buy a Certified Used Toyota with less than 5k miles, it comes with a better warranty and there is more wiggle room with the price. 100k miles is alot of bumper to bumper......
thomasward00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 AM   #32
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I have 8000 Miles on my car... And I guarantee my Warranty is already Void!

But hey... to each their own!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #33
waylandchin

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan
hmm... i have a platinum with with 7 year 75,000 miles expiration, not 100 like you guys. in los angeles area.
waylandchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #34
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
I have 8000 Miles on my car... And I guarantee my Warranty is already Void!

But hey... to each their own!

You already voided your warranty? How? Supercharger?
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote