Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Hey good news, The Yaris can easily fit a 40" total length rifle in the cargo area (hidden). You can also nicely fit boxes of ammo in the passenger side upper glove box. And under the spare wheel cover, there's room for more ammo, and you can put a hand gun in a box inside the spare wheel, and hide it nicely for interstate transportation.
And I especially love how there's no holes and cracks etc, where used ammo can easily disappear into, or begin to rattle. The interior is like its made for drive by shooting.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I use my Yaris on a regular basis to carry my weapons around. M4/AR, Kalashnikov variants, and other carbine length rifles and/or shotguns fit nicely in the Yaris. The only thing I have a problem transporting are my Mosin Nagants. I generally have to take the bolt out and lay them across the back seat because they are too long to fit in the trunk.

I love the compartment to the left of the steering wheel. My Kel-Tec P3AT, P32, and a spare mag for each fit perfectly in that little compartment!

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
Where do you people live that you need to have a gun to defend yourself? I infer from your statements that you feel that you would be completely defenseless without a gun?
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #22
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
Where do you people live that you need to have a gun to defend yourself? I infer from your statements that you feel that you would be completely defenseless without a gun?

I live in SoCal, and thanks to the laws here I do not carry.

Having been someone that has had a knife and a gun pulled on me I would love to be able to carry all the time. The people that think shit like that only happens in the movies and on TV need to wake up and see what's going on around them. There is major gang/Mexican mafia crap going down in Riverside and the police think it's going to start spilling over into Orange County soon.

Not to sound like a downer but this whole country is going to hell, are you prepared?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbauer View Post
I live in SoCal, and thanks to the laws here I do not carry.

Having been someone that has had a knife and a gun pulled on me I would love to be able to carry all the time. The people that think shit like that only happens in the movies and on TV need to wake up and see what's going on around them. There is major gang/Mexican mafia crap going down in Riverside and the police think it's going to start spilling over into Orange County soon.

Not to sound like a downer but this whole country is going to hell, are you prepared?
Dood - move to RI. Except in the city (Providence) there is very little of that crap going on. "Pleasantville" is what my kids' friends called this place.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

There's more to it than just "mexican mafia crap" but yeah there are hot spots. Do you live in the area in which you were assaulted, or were you passing by?
Old 04-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #25
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Here in Puerto Rico (where the criminality rate is WAY higher than most states) only a few people have legal arms and fewer carry them around because: There's a LOT of paper work / investigating / $$$ / training to own a gun. And to carry one is another longer story.

So many people have chosen to own illegal arms, cause they are cheap and u can get a vast variety. The result there's a LOT of people carrying illegal guns around and a simple "what u looking at" receives a bullet and end of story.

Me: I want a legal gun just for target practice.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #26
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Guns aren't scary - people who feel the need to carry them (outside of law enforcement) are the ones who scare me.
It's nothing personal, but that's how I feel.
+1

I live in an urban area, and some areas I go through, especially when I work late, are probably not safe. I don't know that being armed would solve the problem or make it worse, though.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #27
darthbauer
Not really here...

Quote:
There's more to it than just "mexican mafia crap" but yeah there are hot spots. Do you live in the area in which you were assaulted, or were you passing by?
It happened where I live and in the middle of the day in the parking lot of a place I have been shopping since I was a little kid.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #28
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Perhaps you should consider relocating. I just don't see the point in owning a gun. When the ultimate conclusion of a showdown is either:

1. You kill the guy and you go to jail
2. He kills you

I understand that it can deter a lot of criminals, but if you live in an area where this happens regularly you will eventually run in to the wrong guy who will hurt you.

Anyway, so this guy just randomly chose you from a shopping crowd to pull both his gun and knife on for no reason?
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #29
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
in Texas you can sit in your yard or house and blast anyone who
comes at you in a threatening manner. the way it should be.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #30
darthbauer
Not really here...

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider relocating. I just don't see the point in owning a gun. When the ultimate conclusion of a showdown is either:

1. You kill the guy and you go to jail
2. He kills you

I understand that it can deter a lot of criminals, but if you live in an area where this happens regularly you will eventually run in to the wrong guy who will hurt you.

Anyway, so this guy just randomly chose you from a shopping crowd to pull both his gun and knife on for no reason?
It was in the parking lot and there was no one else out there. First he pulled a knife and I quickly grabbed his hand that was holding it. Then with his free hand he went for the gun. At that point I said fuck it and gave the asshole my $40 from my pocket.

Also, I have pulled a gun on someone with the intention of shooting it and afterward I asked the cops if I would have gone to jail and they said hell no I would not have.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #31
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
in Texas you can sit in your yard or house and blast anyone who
comes at you in a threatening manner. the way it should be.
Same here. Castle Doctrine FTW. You invade my personal property without my consent and you get a bullet (or 3) to the brain. It's perfectly legal to defend yourself or loved ones against attackers (in the vast majority of the US) by using lethal force. I know a few people who have killed in self defense and while they generally don't feel great about taking someone's life, they all say that they'd feel even worse if inaction on their part meant the loss of a loved one's life.

I live in "the Bible belt" and have had 2 attempted robberies against me. Both times I was armed and the fact that I had a weapon prevented the crime from happening. The criminals I confronted with were not prepared to risk their lives for my possessions, and I believe that's the way that most of them would be. Why bother with someone who will put up a fight when you can find someone who won't fight later?

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
Damo

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3-Door Hatch white
If you think its difficult carrying weapons around where you live, none of you have a clue until you live in Australia!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Quote:
Also, I have pulled a gun on someone with the intention of shooting it and afterward I asked the cops if I would have gone to jail and they said hell no I would not have.
That still does not protect you from civil suits, which don't care if you were within your legal rights

My opinion is that everyone should be able to own a gun following proper training classes, even at a young age so children learn to respect firearms and understand the reponsibility that caring for a gun requires. Gun safety starts with the owner and no one else.

That said, time to rant. lol

Can you believe that I'm not allowed to buy rubber rounds for my home defense shotgun due to county restrictions/ban on non-lethal rounds.

Hope they don't mind if/when I fill some baddy with birdshot.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #34
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
I was able to apply and get a concealed weapon permit for the state that I live in. I only carry weapons when we go camping for target practice.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #35
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
I only carry weapons when we go camping for target practice.
...against other campers.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #36
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Quote:
It was in the parking lot and there was no one else out there. First he pulled a knife and I quickly grabbed his hand that was holding it. Then with his free hand he went for the gun. At that point I said fuck it and gave the asshole my $40 from my pocket.

To each his own I suppose. I wonder why he brought out a knife first if he had a gun with him as well. Makes more sense to pull out the more intimidating weapon if you are trying to intimidate someone into stealing their money.