Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Now if they'd come out with a small pickup as a hybrid that gets 35+ m.p.g.. They're releasing a hybrid C.U.V. that gets 40+ . Here's the scoop on the hybrids from TOYOTA on CNBC from the DETROIT AUTO show . www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1735183355&play=1 .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Give me my damn ft-86 hybrid or not.....

I think im going to subaru after the payments are done on the vitz.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Give me my damn ft-86 hybrid or not.....

I think im going to subaru after the payments are done on the vitz.
Along with this larger Prius MPV, a car smaller than the regular Prius will join the family.
Below is the initial concept that previews what it will look like. Although it will have four doors, this may satisfy your your desire for a sporty coupe like design.

The Prius C. This is said to be even more efficient than the regular Prius! I'd buy this in a heartbeat!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Very good lookin' car . That may be using the 1.3 ltr..
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #24
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Along with this larger Prius MPV, a car smaller than the regular Prius will join the family.
Below is the initial concept that previews what it will look like. Although it will have four doors, this may satisfy your your desire for a sporty coupe like design.

The Prius C. This is said to be even more efficient than the regular Prius! I'd buy this in a heartbeat!
I saw concept sketches posted of the Prius c concept and a 1:8 scale model at Toyota mega web last summer. The interior looks extremely cool, just the front and rear disgust me...the front reminds me of an evolved shape from the Nissan leaf car.

I doubt it would make it here as people aren't huge fans of wagon looking cars here than in Japan. In my humble opinion, getting a wagon just seems a waste, a few more bills and they can bump themselves up to a minovan or a a cheap full-size van.

Although I spent time driving a Toyota Raum there, I couldn't get use to the wagon looking cars there. :)
I'll take the type r crz over these haha
Old 01-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I saw concept sketches posted of the Prius c concept and a 1:8 scale model at Toyota mega web last summer. The interior looks extremely cool, just the front and rear disgust me...the front reminds me of an evolved shape from the Nissan leaf car.

I doubt it would make it here as people aren't huge fans of wagon looking cars here than in Japan. In my humble opinion, getting a wagon just seems a waste, a few more bills and they can bump themselves up to a minovan or a a cheap full-size van.

Although I spent time driving a Toyota Raum there, I couldn't get use to the wagon looking cars there. :)
I'll take the type r crz over these haha
I think Americans would go for this car. In fact, if Toyota doesn't mess with this concept design too much, it will be my next car. Seriously. This doesn't look like any other wagon and kind of redefines the shape of a car. IMO, it looks great - far, far better than the ugly CRZ. And this will get way higher MPG than the CRZ. Also, for the record, I hate the Leaf's styling yet I love this car.

More pics...

Obviously, the interior will not look anything like this for production.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #26
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

The lights on the top is what really killed it for me, in all honesty...
You really think so, Americans will go for this look?

The JUKE hasn't been selling well, at least here in California, people are turned away from the design (lens sitting on top like Prius C) or because its not fun to drive~

Yeah Leaf is pretty ugly..I rather be driving the Mitsubishi MIEV if i have to be seen driving ugly..lol
Old 03-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #27
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I like this car.

This is the combo I've been waiting for. I had hoped the Yaris would have headed in this direction but that didn't happen. I like the headlights where they are on this prototype and I hope the production model keeps them that way but I'd like them to clean up the over styled front a bit. As long as it is a 4 door Lift back and gets top fuel mileage I'll probably buy one. My Yaris gets really good mileage but with fuel prices going up it wont seem like it in the coming years. I wont buy a new Prius C but probably the 2nd or 3rd year of production. If it proves to be super reliable like my Yaris then I'll probably buy a super clean preowned one.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote