![]() |
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Super Moderator
|
Quote:
Those with the TRD suspension are not cutting their bumpstops.. is it because the drop isn't as severe as a Tanbe drop, or is it because Toyota doesnt want you to really use your stock struts, and that you upgrade to the TRD struts/shocks when these original ones "bottom out." Id be willing to bet, some wouldnt even know what if felt like to ride their bumpstops, and would just blame the new ride quality on the "springs" themselves.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
That would have to be one huge pothole, but I have seen them. I will probably stick with the DF's on mine. I got them really cheap though so if I decide to go with the NF's I wont be out much or there is always EBay. I was just worried about the front effect getting ripped of as well as the whole front end, but I really doubt if that would happen. Thats why I was asking some of you guys that had already lowered their Yaris's, but I have an S Sedan so I have ground effects to worry about. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 | |
|
Super Moderator
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
i ordered my on ebay. was less complicated because im from canada .. hope to get it soon to install it. look weird with 17in mag without a drop lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Thats when the D.O.T. gets a nasty voicemail. I hit a pothole that had been in the same place for months and ruined a tire and bent a rim. I just forgot about the darn thing, and they got a real nasty voicemail from me. Just to say I got a call back and it was fixed by the next weekend. The more i debate on the DF's the more I think I will like em. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
got my sprins from fedex yesterday, going to throw them on when i get home from work tonight, ill try and have some measurments, and pics up later tonite :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
Super Moderator
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
well, the back is done, and just started to sprinkle...(no garage ><) which also means lots of gravel in my knees, but just came in for a break, and to decide if i want to go finish up in the rain or not...
side note: remove the ABS sensor clip from the rear torsion bar(if you have ABS :))....to get the travel needed to remove the stock springs. more to come... Last edited by johnnyfive; 08-05-2006 at 10:13 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
disconnecte it? why?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
meant to type remove the clip from the rear torsion bar....to get the travel needed to remove the stock springs
sorry about that, was in a rush to get back to work.. :) sorry if i confused anyone |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I was getting ready to say.... Then I remember looking at the how to from I think it was chris. Then I figured it out. We wanna see some pics when you get your ride done Last edited by slvryaris; 08-06-2006 at 05:07 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
its all done, no pics yet...raining out here...all four wheeles measured 25.5" from the ground to the arch of the wheele well, and after the drop they were all sitting at 23.75" and now the front lip sits just 5.25" off the ground.
it looks real nice, the tires fit so nicely into the wheele wells. as soon as the reain lets up ill try and snap some pics :) |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Banned
Drives: LB Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
|
Can't wait for pics!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | ||
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
[QUOTE=johnnyfive]no clearance issues with the toyota alloys, but with a wider tire might give some problems, but there appears to be plenty of room on the inside of the well to have no problems with the proper offset.
Damn looks good. How does it handle and drive? I have DF's waiting in a box, but was debating on the DF's and NF's.....Whats your opinion between the two now that you have the DF's installed? |
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
i wouldnt go with the NF's, just because i like it LOW :)
handleing is great, and the ride is just a bit stiffer, infact if it drove loike it does now from the factory, i probably wouldnt have even been upset :) |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Yaris Sedan shown on Toyota Canada webpage | GabL | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 14 | 03-10-2007 06:13 AM |
| Looking for Yaris Sedan modifications! | PMCRW | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 1 | 06-15-2006 12:51 AM |