Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I really hope all you guys that are rocking top-tier oil in your cars don't go out and buy bottom-tier crap-o gasoline. That always cracks me up... Mobil One + Costco. LOL
This is subjective according to your location. Costco gas gets the same gas as all the local Chevrons in my area.
__________________
PaidTimeOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
slvryaris
 
slvryaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 885
My Yaris came with and at the dealership when I had them change it their Toyota bulk oil was Valvoline Durablend. I always run Marathon gas in mine and about every other fill up I put in a can of Seafoam.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
65tuxedo
Tuxedo
 
Drives: 08 Yaris hatchback
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grand Lake, Oklahoma
Posts: 9
My dealer charges quite a bit for synthetic, but the service manager told me to bring my own oil next time, they don't care.
65tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
the dealer does Castrol GTX in Canada.. and Mobile1 for synthetic.

I actually do go in the garage to look at what they are doing.. and speak with the mechanics if the one doing the oil change is experienced. but... i do my own oil change anyways...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
TheSilkySmooth
 
TheSilkySmooth's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 622
I have not been impressed with ANY commonly available OTC oil in API SJ/SL/SM. I had a good application for M1 tri-syn formula YEARS ago and the oil performed well in a HSO Mitsubisho 1.5L 4 cyl. But now we hear NO commonly available oil is 100% GTO or vegetable syn base, just H-R mineral oils. M1-EP should be 100% non-mineral base.
- I am liking the MOTUL. No complaints on oil NOW.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
metalshark
MetalShark
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 104
Stock oil=>Mobil-1=>Amsoil 5w-20

When I had the dealer install synthetic at 10K miles they charged an extra $40 and they used Mobil-1 from quart bottles. At first the motor was slightly noisier afterward but quieted down quickly. The mileage with stock Toyota 5w-30 and Mobil-1 5w-20 was identical. (no surprise there) I didn't develop any leaks after the dealer installed synthetic (warranty issue) so at 15K I did the change myself with a stock filter and Amsoil 5w-20. My mileage went up and I still have no leaks. Looks like the stock seals don't care about synthetic. Once again I got a little more engine noise after the change but it quieted back down in about a week. I'm going to look into the Motul products but with 43 city/39 highway I'm doing well considering the winter temps and ethanoled gasoline. For calculating mileage I still wish I could buy imperial gallons for the same price. When the canucks report fabulous mileage I always wonder about that little detail. Yes, I hyper-mile.
__________________
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Response from Toyota on my special order drdavidr4u New YARIS Purchase Forum 14 04-27-2010 08:59 PM
Someone Please Help With SET & Local Dealer Nightmare! sanityassassinv2 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 32 11-26-2008 11:32 AM
Toyota Delays Buckethead General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 08-26-2006 03:16 AM
Detailed dealer pricing on the new, 2007 Toyota Yaris. tomjasz New YARIS Purchase Forum 3 08-11-2006 10:46 PM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.