Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #19
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
the suspense is killing me
SORRY. Having network issues at home. It timed out, froze up, lost connection...Lousy wireless system. Im just glad i was smart enough to "capture" all that stuff I wrote and put it on Word!!
Lifesaver.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #20
justjesus

hehe. This folder is gonna contain many folders (number depends on the number of songs you got on your iPod). These are titled something like "F00" -Actually, they start at F00, and go on in ascending order. DO NOT WORRY about these funky titles. These are your music folders. What's even more weird, is the FILES associated with these folders. These have FOUR letter names and make no sense! Believe it or not, THESE are your songs. hehe. I'm not sure why they are listed like this. The thing is, DO NOT PANIC. iTunes somehow deciphers that mess and they show up just fine on your iTunes and your iPod. Anyway, have a look at the example below to see what I'm talking about. Weird stuff

At this point, make sure you're at this screen. The one that shows the "music" folder.

-You there? Good. Now. Here's where your basic computer skills come into play. You will need to create a new folder on your desktop and call it "tunez" or something. This goes back to what I mentioned early on: It's how I do it, because I feel it's easier and safer. Sure, you can probably call it "MUSIC" but this may confuse the computer, iTunes, or me(?)
-Anyway, just do it. Create the new folder "tunez" and have that sucker placed on your desktop. We'll need it. You can see mine toward the right... all by it's lonesome :(

Excuse me a sec. Need to get my clothes out of the dryer
Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #21
justjesus

Post-network issues!

Alright. Apparently, there is some suspense building (eTiMaGo). Good stuff. I just hope there are no more networking issues here. That will anger me to new heights.
-Okay, so you should have your "tunez" folder off to the side. And you should have that iPod_Control window opened up to where you can see it's "music" folder:

hehe. I guess we didn't have to get back into that screen. Double click on the "music" folder and get back in there!
-Go to the menu tab, click on "Edit" then select "Select All"
It should highlight ALL the folders (or just their respective names).

Now that they're highlighted, you will copy these onto your "tunez" folder.

Several ways of copying the files over. I prefer to RIGHT-click on one of the folder icons in the list, click on "copy", then RIGHT-click on the "tunez" folder, and do the PASTE. You guys ever eat that paste when you were young? Me either. But my neck is sore as heck.
-So your files should start to copy over to your "tunez" folder. This could take a good while. Again, depending on the size of your music selection.
-Once the file copy process is complete, double check (I'm paranoid like that) to make sure all the files are there. One way of doing it (sorry, no pics for that) is to right click the "tunez" folder and select properties. It should give you a number of files in that folder. Do the same with the "music" folder in the iPod_Control folder and you should have a similar number.

Once you confirm that the music files successfully carried over, go back to your iTunes, and eject your iPod (if its not already done).
-Also, eject it from your PC (the USB port style). Since your iPod was being used as a "disc" you will need to manually eject it.
-Once you can, UNPLUG your iPod. The iPod_Control/iPod/music folder window should close on it's own. If not, go ahead and close it.

Here's where the fun begins! Time to start transferring to your iTunes! YAY.
-So, with your iPod DISCONNECTED, get the iTunes ready.
-Those with iTunes experience, you just simply import your newly created folder, and you know the rest.
-For those who don't know how...
-Click on the menu tab, "File" then select "Add Folder to Library.." -Please make sure it's the right one, and not "add file"

You will get another POP up window, titled "Browse For Folder"
-Scroll down to where you will find our newly created "tunez" folder. HINT: It's under "desktop" in this file tree. Click on it to highlight it, then click "okay"

AHHHH so close. The iTunes should start importing this folder, and all it's songs with it! ! ! WOOO HOOOOOO
-again, depending on how many you have, this could take a while.

At this point, my friends, I can't really show you what to do. You see, I'VE ALREADY imported my songs and what not. All your songs should be on iTunes now, under that lovely folder.
You can check it if you don't believe me.
If you have your iTunes set up like myself, and you can see that in the last pic, you can sort the songs by "Date Added." Click on that heading to sort by that. It might go to Descending order (earliest to most recent). Click on it again to bring the most recently added songs to the top. If you see all the songs that were on your iPod.....SUCCESS ! ! !
-If you don't. I don't know what you did wrong

Assuming it all went according to plan, hehe, you may now connect your iPod again. And this time, when that stupid pop up comes on and asks if you want to replace your iPod Content with your iTunes library, warning you that your iPod content will be replaced and lost... you tell that stupid little window to go to hell, kiss your, umm, tell it, "Sure, replace all my content" because now your stuff is on iTunes anyway. YAY

I hope you all enjoyed this little tutorial. I hope it made sense and was clear enough for you all to understand. If you have any questions on the process, or if you think you may want to ask me some questions, feel free to contact me. Should I post my number? LOL i don't know about that. But PM me, and I'll give it to you.

PLEASE NOTE: You are doing this at your own risk and I will accepte NO responsibility for any lost items (not that you should lose anything, if you did like I said).

Okay, I'm gonna submit this, double check it, triple check it (cuz I'm paranoid like that) and make sure it's good to go. I will give it the thumbs up whe I finish.

Last edited by justjesus; 01-03-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
justjesus

This message has been approved by JustJesus

Yup, a few tiny little things added (punctuation mostly) and one important screen shot! It must of gotten lost in that network failure crap earlier.

So, this is good to go! Several hours later, a sore neck, and a thirst that badly needs quenching...

Thank you, and enjoy your tunes.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #23
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
i wish i knew this last yr when i got a new comp.. twice last yr.. damnit.. i just re dled all my stuff and lost a lot.. bah! good tutorial though.. will keep in mind for sure

dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #24
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlnblkdrs View Post
i wish i knew this last yr when i got a new comp.. twice last yr.. damnit.. i just re dled all my stuff and lost a lot.. bah! good tutorial though.. will keep in mind for sure
Sorry about your loss. I was at a similar point, but there was no way I was going to spend that much time, EVER, on doing it again. Soooo, I searched high and low, and in between til I found out how.

Hopefully this serves some people well. And thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #25
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Thanks. I'll save a copy of your work for future reference.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
cool, very clever idea, I'm gonna have to do that now, you really are just a savior

But, an optional step, some people (like moi) might actually want to have the proper filenames too, there are a lot of different softwares that can load the tags from your files and rename them accordingly, before you import them back into iTunes

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #27
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
if you use iTunes to get music from your computer to your iPod... try senuTi to get music from your iPod to your computer... :D its free and thats what I use
Old 01-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #28
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Thats why i hate my ipod and just burn mp3's
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
meh I'll stick with my creative labs mp3 players and the nice click/drag options.....

AWESOME WRITE UP THOUGH! should help out a-lot of the people who constantly have to deal with this issue.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
BlackKrypt0nite

Drives: Black Yaris Liftback 3-Door
http://revision3.com/tekzilla/bestof2008/
6 min 40 seconds in.
BlackKrypt0nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #31
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well i did everything, and when it was time to import folder, i clicked it, and nothing imported. I chose the "tunez" folder, it has all the files from the "music" folder, yet when i click add folder, it doesn't add it! That folder does not start loading all the songs to itunes. Once I click add folder and select tunez, it just does nothing..... grr
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #32
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
take the files out of the hidden folders and it should work, copying hidden folders keeps them hidden so the computer cannot recognize them
Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #33
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Well i did everything, and when it was time to import folder, i clicked it, and nothing imported. I chose the "tunez" folder, it has all the files from the "music" folder, yet when i click add folder, it doesn't add it! That folder does not start loading all the songs to itunes. Once I click add folder and select tunez, it just does nothing..... grr
drag the songs from that folder into iTunes..
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #34
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
take the files out of the hidden folders and it should work, copying hidden folders keeps them hidden so the computer cannot recognize them

i have and it doesn't work.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #35
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
drag the songs from that folder into iTunes..
holy cow that works. you're a genius
Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #36
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
^ ahaha. and i don't even have an iPod (:
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote