Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
That is going to be LOUD, but should hit pretty clean. Nice choice.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #20
Yar
 
Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Metallic
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 25
I like ChinoCharles idea of ebaying my speakers.

Component speaker are really going to bring out the sounds I'm looking for, also, like I believe somebody else said, they are a very worth-while investment in any car/audio system. With all that said, I'm lost at what modles to look for.

Kenwood? Yay or Nay?

I'm looking for something reasonable, that won't break the bank, as I'm really tight on money I can spend.

What are all of you running, and what do you think of them?


-Bill
Yar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
If you're strapped for cash, my local Best Buy has one set of Inifinity components that were $199 installed. I dont even know if they have Best Buys in Canada, but it was worth a post, haha. Thats about as cheap as its going to get.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #22
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover
 
ECHOKnight2000's Avatar
 
Drives: A Super Car
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota, US of A!
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
I like ChinoCharles idea of ebaying my speakers.

Component speaker are really going to bring out the sounds I'm looking for, also, like I believe somebody else said, they are a very worth-while investment in any car/audio system. With all that said, I'm lost at what modles to look for.

Kenwood? Yay or Nay?

I'm looking for something reasonable, that won't break the bank, as I'm really tight on money I can spend.

What are all of you running, and what do you think of them?


-Bill


My whole system except the reciever is Kenwood. I know a lot of people (myself included) don't care for Kenwood and look down on it as crap, but I was converted! Kenwood like most companies have a lower line of products and then an "premium" line of products and there's are call Kenwood eXcelon...and it sounds amazing! The clarity and clean bass and the range of high and low, okay the way it was installed and set up does make a difference, don't get me wrong there are a lot of other great choices out there. Originally I was going to get Alpine speakers but they wouldn't fit the front, because they were too deep and the mounting in my door is shallow, so apparently the only product or one of the few ones was Kenwood, then I decided to go Kenwood all the way. Obviously it depends on experiences some may say it was crap others say it was great. But good luck I just thought I chime in, it would be nice in Kenwood pay me for this promotion

Good luck!
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will.
ECHOKnight2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #23
Yar
 
Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Metallic
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 25
Ya, that would be my next question.

What is the maxaxium deph for a front and rear speaker on an 3DR 07 Yaris?

I already know that the front speakers are 6.5" and the rear ones are 5.25".

Anybody know?
Yar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.