![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Speaker Size??
What size of speakers does the Yaris have?? I have a pair of Kicker 6.5's and two 2000 watt Kicker amps just sitting around and I want to put them in my 3 door when it comes in. The amps are going in for sure but I need to know if the speakers will fit. Can anyone help me??
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
swappin cogs
|
And when it comes time to make the speaker change.. Could ya give some details about getting to them? Maybe even some pics? front and rear? Please? could ya?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
4000 watt 6.5"?? you do need help....LOL
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
No man, not 4000 watts for the 6.5, I'm getting a couple 10's or 12's for that. I'll just run the speakers off the deck
Last edited by plushDJ; 04-03-2006 at 01:02 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Once I get the car and everythings installed I'll for sure get pics up
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
Quote:
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
YEAH DUDE!!!
I know
it's cool. I've got some subs coming from the states in July. Mass Destruction audio!! It's a new brand and they got some pretty wicked stuff so I'm really pumped. Just hope I don't have to do too much electrical upgrades.4000 watt 6.5's would be pretty cool though
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
yeah, I'm trying to get out of stereos & stuff & more into autocross & lightweight, but I might still have to do some stuff.
You should look into Elemental Designs, they have some really nice stuff (kinda SQ stuff, but it's all good)
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Totally heard good stuff bout them but I'm already on the list for MD. And for 240 a sub I can't really go wrong, I don't think
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Resident Scion Guy
Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Groveland, FL (Near Orlando)
Posts: 285
|
it's all good, post pics when you get them.
__________________
Code:
DiabolicJourney_SpaRky |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
No prob bro, they'll be in in July so I'll have to wait til then
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 3 dr manual Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 169
|
Oh yeah, I've took it on the highway when it's windy, not too much road noise but a tad unstable (I'm guessing because of the light weight), you just can't take your hand off the wheel.
Stock alternator is rated at 80 amps I'm getting mine upgraded. I have a guy that says he can recoil (?) a stock one to get about 200 amps. Should be cost of alternator and an extra $1500 gauge'll be run in my car, I'll have it done in the next couple months here so if you can wait.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2011 Rogue Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
|
Quote:
If anyone knows something that is as good or better than Dynomat, please post. I tried Dynomat, because it was a name I've heard of a lot, but I purchased it from the states and it shipped UPS. With the duty, it killed me. Way more than I expected to spend. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() |
Anyone know the approximate mounting depth for the rear speakers in the liftback? Also the clearance in the front of the speaker to the factory panel? I'm going to go with 6 1/2" MB Quarts, but which ones depends on the space limitations.
Also has anyone mounted tweeters on the doors, I was thinking of putting them in the top panel by the window/door switches? Any thoughts? |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() Drives: 97 Impreza Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 13
|
I've heard a product called Raammat is just as good if not better than dynamat and costs way less.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I installed a Volfenhag sub / amp system in my hatch, not the most high quality stuff but what the heck. I built the box myself and ran all the electrical myself. From what I understand I cannot add anything else without first going to a larger alt. The power wire is 4 guage and run through the firewall just left of the heater core inlet above the gas pedal, down along the driver side under all the plastic into the tire well and up through the lift handle on the stock tire cover - didnt have to cut anything other than the hole through the firewall.
See pics at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336679 or message if you have any questions or want any more photos. The only pain was seting up the power wire at the battery terminal - theres little room for the inline fuse block. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Liftback Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 27
|
Thanks for the quick writeup on powering an amp. Think I'll stick my amp below a front or rear seat though if there's room.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
spase peepole
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
|
Quote:
![]() just yanked a powered sub from my 93 paseo (pic attached) nothing spectacular but it'll hold me over until I can save enough $ for a new head unit and speaks. did you have to drill a hole through the firewall? the power cable (for the sub I pulled) was wired through and existing openning in the firewall. thanks in advance! |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| When will the Yaris hit the showrooms at dealers? | Petrolhead | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 181 | 11-28-2011 07:03 AM |
| Lets talk wheels | birdy | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 80 | 04-29-2006 01:13 AM |
| custom speaker in the deck box? | twixt | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 12 | 04-06-2006 07:40 AM |