Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #19
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Beautiful. One of the sweetest wheels I've seen.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
Vb2ner
Team VAJJ

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan Flint Mica
Looks nice man! First car to truly impress me in here, nice stance and the first set of good fitting wheels I have seen,lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #21
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
So when are you going to race the thing? Legitimately.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #22
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
^in Hawaii, maybe only SCCA Solo.
This island doesn't have any facilities - not even a track any more.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #23
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
So when are you going to race the thing? Legitimately.
well i'm not into autocrossing, and we don't have a drag strip or track............so I have no idea! And the local tuner that everyone raves about is too busy to tune my car. So that is why i ended up buying these wheels for show, and not so much go. I want to hold onto the SSRs to use if I ever do get to tune my car, and use those wheels to "race." Reason for that is because they are lighter (duh). However, the gram lights aren't TOO heavy, and if I got good power from a tune, I wouldn't mind keep the gram lights. However, I wish i could decide if i want to just keep the gram lights forever, then I could get a rotora big brake kit. Once I do that, i wouldn't be able to fit the 16" SSRs anymore, because as you might know, BBK need 17" wheels or bigger.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
I had a set of Gram Lights before; my only problem with them is that the name gives you a false expectation that they will be super lightweight. It is a bit unfair to compare them with wheels like SSR and VOLK, though.

If you got extra money burning a hole in your pocket, come to Kauai and race with me. I live right down the street from the dragstrip.
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #25
eht13

Drives: .
Funny that Kauai has a dragstrip or track and Oahu doesn't. I've been to a few of the islands but I've never thought about this; is it easy to take a car from one island to another, like on inter-island ferries or something?
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #26
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
Funny that Kauai has a dragstrip or track and Oahu doesn't. I've been to a few of the islands but I've never thought about this; is it easy to take a car from one island to another, like on inter-island ferries or something?
We use to have a "Super Ferry," but it got shut down because of whale protests, I think? That was the easiest way to ship your car over for cheap. Now you have to do it through Matson and stuff like that. I have no idea how much it costs to do it. I believe when the Super Ferry was active, it was less than $100 to do it. Now with Matson, it might be over $200...?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #27
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Nice car.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #28
fujiwaru

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris Sedan
i was able to bring my yaris to maui on our family vacation when the super ferry was up and running. Didn't break our bank and it was really convenient